Comments From The Other Side - vs Wizards, Home

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Wizards, Home Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Wizards, Home

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:06 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2017/12/comments-from-other-side-wizards-122517.html

by FLCeltsFan

Expect Wall and Beal to jack up a ton of bad shots on Inefficient one-on-one ISOlations becausee they're attempting to prove to the world that they're superstars. The Wizards are a pretty sure bet to lose this one.

Maybe they'll surprise us? The Celtics are in a bad patch, having gone 5-5 over the last 10. & most of their players weren't even around last year for the playoffs. So they won't be up for the game. 

Celtics make a bunch of 3s Wiz get blown out.

One of those teams that plays like a unit and plays hard thanks to having a top tier coach. Come on Wizards, give me a win for Xmas. I'll have a large serving of great D with ball sharing on the side, hold the ISO scoring please.

No idea what to expect from the 2017/18 Washington Jekyll and Hyde's. Inclined not to turn in to avoid having Christmas dinner ruined, yet still intrigued about whether these guys can get up for a top team and show 48 minutes of effort.

So much lame talking from Beal and Wall heading into the season and so little to back it up so far, think I'm going to pass up on watching these guys meltdown and give away yet another game in the 4th. 

Play with pride, act like professionals, and you don’t need a chip on your shoulder 

You give me a NBA player who doesn't play with a chip, and I'll name you a roleplayer 

The Celtics were a mediocre offensive team during their streak, it was their defense that carried them. Their offense has since improved, (although bench production is really a problem ESP with morris injured) while the defense has slipped considerably.

Kyrie's just have a normal good year like he's had in past....it's the Celts as a team that are doing really well due to depth and coaching.... Getting tired of Kyrie over hype…..

As long as that flopper Marcus Smart and the borderline dirty Al Horford are on Boston Just have to loath them.

Markieff Morris can handle Al Horford If Morris can manage to play with intensity while keeping his cool.

Kyrie is playing at a similar level that he usually does A lot of scoring, isolations, light on the passing and defense

Exactly...and as usual he's getting over hyped 

He's a nice SG I’m an admitted, unashamed hater

I think the list of players you hate is longer than the list of ones you like.

He is super easy to hate tho 
1. Went to Duke
2. Flat earther
3. Always been compared to and overhyped in comparison with Wall
4. Left Lebron and sure fire chance at Finals appearance just to have his "own team"
5. Plays selfishly/ no defense
6. Super arrogant acts like he’s smarter than everyone else in interviews
7. Doesn’t believe Xmas is a holiday
8. Dated a kardashian
9. Plays for the Celtics

I don't know the Celtics rotations, but Baynes starting at least gets Gortat on a traditional big for a few stretches. Horford as a stretch big has always been an issue for the Wizards and I don’t expect that to change though.

Kyrie was never "without a key teammate" Have you ever heard of 4-time All Star Al Horford? Kyrie is having a great season. So is Horford.

Exactly....he's got a all start players and coach 

Horford's not LeBron--Kyrie's now the focus of the offense. I thought that was the point.

True but there is still someone carrying the passing/playmaking role so Kyrie can continue to just be scorer Either horford or smart when he’s in

Last years Boston team was a pain in the ass for the Wiz. Thing is though that with a decent bench last year, we win the series in six games. However I think at this state we are in we’d easily lose to Boston of last year.

Why can't the Wizards be a pain in the ass to someone other than their fans? 

I fully expect us to get slaughtered today. Brace yourselves.

This is what we all been waiting,, Wolf seasons here Kyrie gonna untuck his shirt by the 1st qtr

I expect to see a lot of gang signs and chest pounding from John Gang sign John Wall > Untucked Jersey Kyrie

I wonder if theres any bad blood between the teams now that the Celtics are basically a new team 

Markieff still loathes Horford (or claims to anyway) And some Wizards may dislike Smart, but the two point guards are buddies, Beal and Tatum are pals, the Morris brothers aren’t exactly at each other’s throats … As you say, Boston has a whole new team

A Win against The C’s could turn around our season, but an L could send us into a Tailspin! 

Let's embarrass Boston tonight 

Beal is a bricklayer 

Wall miss dunk. Wall fall down. Wall brick three.

For all our problems, this would be a different team if Beal figured out how to shoot again. 

Marcus smart might inspire him 

Wish Al's hands would be glued together just so I don't have to hear his dumb clapping 

Dumbass Subs out Otto Porter Typical dumb Brooks move He has no idea what’s happening on the floor

These random Boston guards piss me off 

Do we have the lowest b-ball IQ point guard in the NBA?

They’re gonna blow us out in the second half

The Daniel theis and mahinmi deals show the true difference between Boston and Washington 

Mahinmi almost killed Shane Larkin. He is a strong dude.

Horford does those same ****ing illegal screens on every play. 

Waiting for Wall to show up... Still waiting…

Horford is just overpowering Morris, dude is just a complete mismatch for this team 

Yea, while horford is def superior to him it’s clear to me something either physically or mentally is up w/ kieff b/c he doesn’t get bullied like this.

...and Horford doesn't get called for illegal screens. 

Perhaps if the Wizards look around the locker room at halftime, they will find their three pointers under a pile of old jockstraps 

Refs have been awful too, definitely a difference maker. But that’s what you get in Boston no matter what. We’ve had enough easy chances to be firmly in control even with the refs doing their thing.

Gortat cannot keep up with Horford 

There’s a reason he makes less than half what they’re paying Horford. Stars aren’t supposed to get shut down by role players.

If we played with this same energy level in even 80 percent of our games, we'd be 3rd in the East at worst. 

Time out indeed Kyrie has awakened

Are elbows to the face on drives not offensive fouls anymore? Brown hit Gortat and then three plays later drove an albow straight into Ottos face on a drive.

Here is where the Wizards lack of physical toughness becomes apparent Suddenly every Wizards player on the floor is dinged up and the Celts are like "what?"

There was no way the wizards were going to keep kyrie in check for all four quarters

Maybe Kyrie > Wall? It’s close! 

Kyrie has been much better this season. Not close. But Wall hasn’t looked right this season.

From watching this game...we match up well with these guys...which is good news and bad news...cause next year they get a All-star....so we better get these guys this year cause next year they gonna be tougher.

We match up well at every position except we still can’t figure out Horford. Has his way with us every time.

**** You Brooks what is this BS with this lineup???? I am done with this moron

Tatum is killing it. Great pick by the Celtics.

Boston is so much better coached. Stevens takes a timeout now, 7 min30 to go to get 1more minute of a break and then get Kyrie back in. You know Brooks would go 2,3 more possesions to try to milk 1 or two minutes more and then bring Wall/Beal back while being 5-6 points down..

I think all of us waiting for the Celtics to blow this game open. Just a flat out better team. Better athletes, smarter, better coached, more depth, more composed, plays harder..etc. No idea how this game is tied frankly.

Rozier literally does not miss 3's and meanwhile we have Beal dribbling and pulling up for a contested TWO two TWO point jumpshot.

Amazing what happens when the wizards play small ball and Oubre is in to close games. Grunfeld > Ainge

Ainge assembled a championship squad Ernie will never build one in a hundred years

Lazy ass Morris making an appearance, how about a **** box out you bum!

Rozier is the prototypical Wizard killer. Surprised he hasn’t done more in this game.

Credit to Boston for making shots And capitalizing on every opportunity to stay in the game. Shame on Washington for giving them those opportunities. 3-4 chances to take control of the game and they squandered every single one with a lapse in focus or discipline. Boston looks like the mentally stronger team.

Bench is getting killed. 35-13 in favor of Boston 

All we need is for Beal to shoot similarly to Terry Rozier. Too much to ask, apparently.

I hate Irving 

There is no angle around the rim Kyrie doesn't like Whatever you think of his overall game, his finishing is amazing.

Rozier should teach Meeks how to shoot 

I swear the Wizards will do everything they can to keep the other team in the game. 

The greatest regular season win in QUITE a while 

John Wall once again confirms his legend status 

Small ball killed Boston Horford is a shit rebounder

Wall >>> Kyrie its not even close 

Some lucky rebounds helped us out at the end, but I'll take it 

Well, we matched toughness tonight 

I'm not ecstatic about this win doesn’t look like a turning point to me, but hell I’ll take it

They just beat the best team in the East on the road. 

Are the Celtics still the best team in the east though? 5-6 in their last 11 games

Well, so who is the best team in the East now? 

Raptors are the 1 seed

ESPN really worked hard at getting Wall into the All-Star game as starter! 

He had a very good game But there’s no way he deserves to be starting in the All-Star game.

The Celtics made 8 more threes than the Wiz, and shot nearly 50% from deep. Normally, that’s a loss, but the Wiz made enough hustle plays and beat the almighty Celtics at their own game: defense.

Morris was cancelled out by his brother...good and bad Wall and Beal BOTH outplayed Kyrie. ...the world is ROUND...

Boston is a team I would not mind seeing again in the playoffs if the Wizards make it.

We’re Toronto’s only home loss.Comments From The Other Side - vs Wizards, Home Icon_biggrin.gif.pagespeed.ce.-XCmWRZoxi  We have five road wins against teams that are a combined 59-20 at home (TOR, DEN, MIL, MIN, BOS). On the flip side, we have zero signature home wins.   Comments From The Other Side - vs Wizards, Home Icon_ead2.gif.pagespeed.ce.Vpq8lTuFog

Felt like the Celtics really let Washington off the hook playing that lineup, Horford was destroying Morris in the post earlier in the game and Boston really didn't look to take advantage down the stretch. It felt like Washington caught them off guard.

And that's the difference between having kyrie and I.t....

The rebounds down the stretch took the win out of the Boston sails. Plus Wall and Beal took advantage of Tatums defense down the stretch....it was clear we had 3 great players on the floor and Boston had 1...plus we had 2 good players and Boston had 1.

Tatum was a defensive liability...Wall and Beal went at him consistently when it mattered. Tatum will get better defensively...but we need to figure out what our best line up is. 

Scott Brooks>Brad Stevens. Well, at least for one game. Didn't see this happening.

Yep, Scott Brooks did out coach the great Brad Stevens today

If Stevens is such a great coach, why is Horford constantly marginalized for the likes of Morris and Theis. The Wiz had no hope of guarding Horford. Thanks, kid genius!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down