Kemba might have a new home soon

4 posters

Go down

Kemba might have a new home soon Empty Kemba might have a new home soon

Post by steve3344 Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:57 pm

https://nypost.com/2018/01/19/hornets-ready-to-trade-kemba-walker-to-kick-off-fire-sale/

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Kemba might have a new home soon Empty Re: Kemba might have a new home soon

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:23 pm

Think we will see alot of players getting traded before the deadline??? These overpaid players are a real issue. The teams that throw their money around wildly will be stuck with their bad decisions I think
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:08 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Think we will see alot of players getting traded before the deadline??? These overpaid players are a real issue. The teams that throw their money around wildly will be stuck with their bad decisions I think

Danny used to have those sort of contracts earlier in his GM career? Raef LaFrentz and Mark Blount come to mind?

He seems to have passed on every top team player due a new contract in the most recent years. He traded Perk, Rondo, Green, Bradley and Isaiah. He let guys like Humphries, Bass and Turner walk. He signed guys like Amir Johnson to short contracts to minimize risk. I don't think this bodes well for Marcus Smart. But I do concede Smart is a broken record debate and time will tell.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:21 pm

I am a bit confused regarding contracts as it relates to this post and Charlotte shopping kimba.

Kimba makes $12 million per and has one year left after this season. he averages 21 PPG 5.8 assists and 3.4 rebounds. His shooting percentage is not great but it is not bad either 42% FG, 35% on 3's and 85% from the line and leads them in steals at 1.2 per game.

It seems Charlotte has already thrown in the towel. Then again Michael Jordan is running things and he is as bad of an owner as he was as good as a player.

He has several bad contracts on the team but Walker ain't one of them.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:23 pm

My only thought is that I wondered if this would be the beginning of a series of trades of a lot of players who would either give the team cap space for the future or relieve them of a contract they wanted to get rid of.
I find it interesting that they would get rid of Kemba he is such a solid player. Has given them everything. It is clear they are ready to blow it up.
That was my only question here, I had no idea what Kemba made for salary I just wondered if this would be a year of a lot of movement
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:55 pm

I was reading the Realgm Celtics board and a couple folks are mentioning Tyreke Evans. I looked at his stats and he seems a much better option than Marcus Smart for guard. He is on a one year, $3.3 million deal. Memphis might want to tank or swap him for the younger Smart.

It'd be like Bradley for Morris, not the greatest deal, but not too bad. He's 29 in September. He's putting up much better stats this year than Smart. 40% at threes. 50% at twos. 79% free throws. 4.9 to 2.0 for assist/t.o. ratio.

The sooner Danny shores up holes in the rotation, the sooner new players can get on the same page as teammates. Please pardon my impatience. I was deeply offended by last night's game. Wow, that was brutal. This could be a knee-jerk reaction post or I enjoy a little drama.

And I want another big. People say get a scorer, but just win or lose with Tatum, Rozier and Morris for shooting. Up their roles on offense. Sully is shooting 38% on threes. I know he's slow from being big boned. It doesn't have to be him. I don't think I'm asking for much. Nader, Ojeleye and Yabusele are not ready. Larkin is serviceable for the deep bench, but probably not for every game.

I doubt there's any trade that would make the C's significantly better, but I think Danny owes some more pieces to work with for in his late prime Al Horford.

I almost forgot. Celtics writer Scott Souza tweeted:

#Celtics Jaylen Brown said he is interested in taking classes @ #Harvard. Said as soon as he knows he will be in Boston long term, plans to purse it.

Uh-oh? That's a strange comment for a second year player whose next deal is restricted free agency. That had to be a swipe at Danny. Maybe it was unwittingly said. Isaiah loved his Brinks truck line. If Jaylen wants to stay long-term, he might want to keep such thoughts to himself.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down