+6
Phil Pressey
RosalieTCeltics
gyso
wideclyde
bobheckler
10 posters

Go down

NBA Rumors: Pistons Put Avery Bradley On Trade Block, Eye ‘Significant’ Return  Empty NBA Rumors: Pistons Put Avery Bradley On Trade Block, Eye ‘Significant’ Return

Post by 112288 Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:13 am

NBA Rumors: Pistons Put Avery Bradley On Trade Block, Eye ‘Significant’ Return

NESN by Darren Hartwell on Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 9:56AM

Pistons guard Avery Bradley Photo via Bob DeChiara/USA TODAY Sports Images A former Boston Celtic could have a new home before the end of the season. The Detroit Pistons have made guard Avery Bradley available in trade talks ahead of the NBA’s Feb. 8 trade deadline, ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported Monday, citing sources.

Detroit’s asking price for Bradley is “significant,” per Wojnarowski, who added the Pistons have been one of the league’s most “aggressive” teams leading up to the deadline. Bradley played a key role in the Pistons’ early-season success, averaging 18.3 points per game over the month of November.

Detroit has struggled mightily of late, though, losing 11 of its last 13 games to drop out of playoff contention in the Eastern Conference. As such, it could enter the trade deadline as a seller and look to move Bradley, who is on the final year of his contract and could command roughly $20 million per year in free agency this summer, according to Wojnarowski. The 27-year-old’s production has dipped amid the Pistons’ scuffles, as he’s averaging 13.3 points per game over the last two months with a plus-minus of negative-7.2.

But Bradley still is an excellent defender and solid scorer who could provide a serious boost to a playoff contender. Bradley spent all of his previous seven seasons in Boston, earning NBA All-Defensive First Team honors in 2016 and playing a big role in the Celtics’ accelerated rebuild after Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett departed in 2013.

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Pistons Put Avery Bradley On Trade Block, Eye ‘Significant’ Return  Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Pistons Put Avery Bradley On Trade Block, Eye ‘Significant’ Return

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:35 am

I don't know if we can get AB back, since he was on our roster last year (calling Dr. GYSO!), but I sure as hell hope Cleveland doesn't get him.  

I love Bradley but is he worth the contract he wants?  $20M/year?  If not, who will give up a lot to get him?  Furthermore, he's an unrestricted free agent this summer.  Unless you're Cleveland and NEED to make a change to have a legit shot at getting back to the Finals (and maybe keeping LeBron) why wouldn't teams who are willing to pay Bradley that kind of money just wait for July 1st and sign him without giving up anything?

The Master of Disaster not looking very smart right now.  Remember when that trade happened and SVG declared "there was no downside to this"...?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Pistons Put Avery Bradley On Trade Block, Eye ‘Significant’ Return  Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Pistons Put Avery Bradley On Trade Block, Eye ‘Significant’ Return

Post by wideclyde Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:56 am

No team is going to sign Avery Bradley next summer for anything near $20M even for one season. He does not play point guard and will always have a disadvantage playing against the larger two guards just like he had many times when with Boston.

The days of mid level players signing such $20M contracts was then, but this is now. Teams just cannot afford to pay that much to players like Bradley and then get killed by the luxury tax. I am guessing that he will not even get a $10M/3 year deal this summer.

Bradley was a very good player for the Cs for the last couple of years as he was a relentless worker who improved every season, and as a result he was a big part of turning the team around in Stevens first few seasons.

He is still a good player, but will not likely get the same number of points per game that he is even now
averaging as his minutes coming off the bench in Boston where he has been starting in Detroit.

Not sure that he is worthy of Ainge using the DPE, draft picks or even young players to get Bradley. If he is bought out by the Pistons, a possible reuniting with the Cs would be a much better deal for the team as he would be an excellent defender and a solid scorer on the second unit.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:07 pm

bobheckler wrote:I don't know if we can get AB back, since he was on our roster last year (calling Dr. GYSO!), but I sure as hell hope Cleveland doesn't get him.  

I love Bradley but is he worth the contract he wants?  $20M/year?  If not, who will give up a lot to get him?  Furthermore, he's an unrestricted free agent this summer.  Unless you're Cleveland and NEED to make a change to have a legit shot at getting back to the Finals (and maybe keeping LeBron) why wouldn't teams who are willing to pay Bradley that kind of money just wait for July 1st and sign him without giving up anything?

The Master of Disaster not looking very smart right now.  Remember when that trade happened and SVG declared "there was no downside to this"...?

bob

Here's the answer:

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb

about 37 minutes ago

NBA rules prohibit the Celtics from trading for Bradley during this season. Same goes for anyone else they traded last offseason (Isaiah, Crowder, etc.) 

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:15 pm

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q101

A team cannot reacquire a player it traded away during the same season (a season for this purpose being defined as starting on the first day of the regular season and ending on the last day of the Finals).

If the player was traded between seasons (i.e., from the first day after the Finals to the last day prior to the start of the next regular season), it cannot reacquire the player prior to the end of the next season.

If he is waived by his new team, then he cannot re-sign with his original team until the one-year anniversary of the trade, or until the July 1 following the end of his contract, whichever comes first.

However, if a team trades a player's draft rights, it can reacquire the player during the same season.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:20 pm

Another player who bloomed under the Boston Celtics flags but is struggling now (IT, Crowder). The way they were throwing money around for the last couple of years has only come back to bite them in the ass. Danny Ainge has proven once again that he can judge the league and the system. He loved Avery, but there was no way he was giving him $20 million. This is going to be the same with Smart. Blakely was on tv
the other night talking about Marcus and his injured hand. He claimed that he had been told that the asking price for Smart was somewhere in the vicinity of $18 million and that, with this injury, he may have cost himself some money in his salary demands. I do not Know if this is true, but no way would I tie myself to a contract of $18 milllion dollars if said player could on shoot once every five games and had a temper that has been displayed several times, putting his team scrambling to find a suitable replacement.

It is tough to see Avery in this position, but you are right, I do not want to see him in Cleveland.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 pm

Avery would be perfect for Cleveland.

Crowder and Zizic for Bradley works. I.T. should be the pg and LeBron should play small to power forward. They wouldn't need the overrated Crowder for defense.

Kevin Love, Tristan Thompson and Zizic for Drummond, Galloway and Bradley works.

I wonder if GM's are no different that random fans working the trade machine like I did, then they call up other GM's with the offer. Of course one needs more info to know if such ESPN approved trades would make sense to both sides. I figure the trading loser gets draft pick(s).
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:42 pm

You can reacquire a player within the same season if the player was traded away to a different team. For instance if the Pistons traded AB and he gets bought out, we could then sign him.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:44 pm

while i agree that $20M for Bradley is a pipe dream (the same may be said for IT now also, as he seems to be a bit of a cancer at Cleveland).

$10-15M is possible for each I would argue (for the right team with space and a need)
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:00 pm

Both AB and IT enter free agency at the wrong time. There are very few teams with the CAP space to sign them.

I am not totally surprised that Detroit is looking to move him. If you look at their salary situation resigning him to even a contract of around $15 million would push them real close to tax payer status. He is still rated as a top 15 free agent this summer and he is unrestricted. I expect that he will have a few suitors in FA. Detroit is primary looking to avoid the tax.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:39 pm

Updated: Bradley & a few others traded to Clip for Blake Griffin.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:49 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account 

[ltr]@wojespn[/ltr]

FollowFollow 

[ltr]@wojespn[/ltr]

More
The Clippers and Pistons have agreed on a deal to trade Blake Griffin for Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, Boban Marjanovic, a first-round and a second-round draft pick, league sources tell ESPN.
3:32 PM - 29 Jan 2018

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:50 pm

Doc trades for Avery Bradley 5 years after leaving because he didn't want to rebuild around Avery Bradley.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:55 pm

Bradley traded to pistons, Blake Griffin to Detroit.  Harris, draft picks also part of deal.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down