Wilt, Magic, LeBron and now Simmons

4 posters

Go down

Wilt, Magic, LeBron and now Simmons Empty Wilt, Magic, LeBron and now Simmons

Post by swish Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:20 pm

The only 4 players at 6'8" or taller, with at least 2000 minutes, to average 8 rebounds and 8 assist per game. Pretty elite company for the 21 year old rookie Simmons who still has a few games left to play this year.

http://bkref.com/tiny/JKjtl

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Wilt, Magic, LeBron and now Simmons Empty Re: Wilt, Magic, LeBron and now Simmons

Post by NYCelt Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:27 pm

swish wrote: The only 4 players at 6'8" or taller, with at least 2000 minutes,  to average 8 rebounds and 8 assist per game. Pretty elite company for the 21 year old rookie Simmons who still has a few games left to play this year.

http://bkref.com/tiny/JKjtl

swish

Simmons is going to be a monster.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Wilt, Magic, LeBron and now Simmons Empty Re: Wilt, Magic, LeBron and now Simmons

Post by wideclyde Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:30 am

As much as I know that stats are a big part of determining long term success in every professional sport/game, I really have to say that I really hate using such stats to project future greatness.

I have to see much more of Simmons (or anyone else who does something over a very short time period) to consider him great.

Yes, he is a very talented kid who just may become a very great player, but he also could be a guy who plays a very short career and never again gets mentioned with some of the great NBA players.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:53 am

Simmons will need to learn how to shoot to be considered a great player. Right now, he is big and athletic and can pass the ball. But his inability to score outside of 10 feet will be an issue as he gets older.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:05 pm

wideclyde wrote:As much as I know that stats are a big part of determining long term success in every professional sport/game, I really have to say that I really hate using such stats to project future greatness.

I have to see much more of Simmons (or anyone else who does something over a very short time period) to consider him great.

Yes, he is a very talented kid who just may become a very great player, but he also could be a guy who plays a very short career and never again gets mentioned with some of the great NBA players.

wideclyde

Your right - time will tell - it's time to wait and see.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down