Matty
tjmakz
jeb
steve3344
swedeinestonia
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Was the move for Rasheed Wallace worth it?

Rasheed - deal or no deal? - Page 2 Vote_lcap63%Rasheed - deal or no deal? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 12 ]
Rasheed - deal or no deal? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Rasheed - deal or no deal? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
Rasheed - deal or no deal? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Rasheed - deal or no deal? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 19

Rasheed - deal or no deal? - Page 2 Empty Re: Rasheed - deal or no deal?

Post by babyskyhook Fri May 21, 2010 12:23 am

Kleen-

I'm not sure who else you're referring to when you say "you guys", but if you've been on any of the game on threads for the last 3 the CAvs or the 2nd game vs the Magic, I was more than giving Sheed his due.

Even on nights when he didn't score vs the Cavs, he was making timely defensive plays with a steal or a block and brought down some huge defensive rebounds at key moments of the games.

I agree with you, they wouldn't be where they are in the postseason without him.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri May 21, 2010 8:52 pm

This is still one of those "no right answer" questions. It's strictly an opinion.

As I mentioned earlier, to me the bottom line is there is no way to ever say someone else couldn't have stepped up and given us exactly what Sheed has; and more in the regular season. I'm guessing someone else could have given us just as much, but have no possible way to prove or disprove it. I'm thankful he has come through in the playoffs and I give him his props for that.

Beyond that I think that you try and look to the future as best you can. No, I don't have a crystal ball. What I do know is that we've got Sheed for, what, two more years? To me he was a load all season, and likely cost us at least a couple of games. I think his attitude is suspect, and I consider the fact that he couldn't get or keep himself in shape all season un-professional at best.

Although I'm happy to see him do well now, if there was any way to do it I would be the first to hit the send him packing button after the season. I would gladly take a chance on trying to replace him next season because I think he's too suspect to take the chance on again. Unfortunately I think he'll be back again because there's probably not many others who would be interested.

My opinion, anyway.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri May 21, 2010 9:47 pm

IMO, it is too early to quantify this deal for this first year. It is way too early to judge its worth over the entire 3 years.

Disjointed, discombobulated, chaos, etc. That is what the Celtics experienced during the last regular season. The Celtics never got to play him according to their "plan" for the entire year, Danny's grand design in motion.

Davis started out injured and when he came back, Daniels went out. KG and Pierce were in and out a couple times each. Tony had issues early. Perk with the sore knee later in the season (and still now).

Sheed was supposed to play 15-20 minutes as the backup to Perk and Davis was going to play 30 minutes backing up KG and picking up minutes filling in at the 5 in certain matchups. That didn't happen until very late in the season.

Imagine a season where we had the current team on the court, relatively healthy and playing like they are now. The 30-somethings don't have to play so much. The rotation is set with only minor fluctuations due to fouls and matchups.

That would have tasted a lot better, but that is not what we got.

You can't teach height. Add in a little attitude and game smarts, that is what Sheed offers. Warts and all, I'll take him in his intended role. He was never meant to be a savior, just a difference maker in the post-season. Role player plus. PJ Brown-like. Something we were missing last year. I'm very glad we have it this year.

gyso

Last edited by gyso on Sat May 22, 2010 5:52 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : odd spelling issues)

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri May 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Gyso

That catch and shoot from three on the baseline exhibited some of the best hands I have ever seen. He is a sight better than what we had last year and I think he digs Glen and is playing well with him right now when it counts most.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat May 22, 2010 2:00 am

After 22 years of futility. If Sheed helps bring us a second banner in 3 years....this deal is worth it all day long, and twice on Sundays.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat May 22, 2010 12:43 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:After 22 years of futility. If Sheed helps bring us a second banner in 3 years....this deal is worth it all day long, and twice on Sundays.

Way to focus in, MrKleen.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat May 22, 2010 1:24 pm

gyso,

Well put. That's pretty much the way I feel.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Sat May 22, 2010 2:53 pm

Sheed's fouls have all been as part of playing a good overall defense, he has made very few fouls that haven't been instrumental in upsetting the scheme of the Magic and/or preventing a basket. His offense has been timely and crucial in various parts of the game. He came to play in the playoffs and that is what he is doing. Next season if it is more of the same then let him rest until April and play other's who are willing to play the way he is playing now. Not a problem with that as long as I'm not signing the check. LOL We need to support his play now, just as we didn't support his play during the regular season. IMO, of course
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:59 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:You may be right, but the wear and tear of the regular season was really showing on him, and he really just came here for a ring. Of course, there is the option of being able to make back some of that money he has given to the NBA this year!! (Just joking!). I just wouldn't be surprised to see him walk.
Just my opinion.

Rosalie,

I have to give you credit for being the first one to predict that Rasheed would walk away after this year.
I did not think he would leave $13m behind but it looks like he will.
Can we get a prediction about Doc and Phil's chances of returning???.....
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:07 am

Phil's gone, his girlfriend said so!! Ha ha
I really think Doc is coming back, one more time. I guess it is just a gut feeling,
but I don't think he will walk away from these guys with one year left on his contract. If Garnet has a tough time this next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him walk. Then again, he may be locked out and not be able to get in!!

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:16 am

I think the whole band (or at least the core) will come back. KG will be way better and Ray and Paul know what rebuilding taste like...=losing.

Sheed's money will buy us some talent and this team was a quarter away from winning it.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:37 am

jeb65 wrote:
I think the whole band (or at least the core) will come back. KG will be way better and Ray and Paul know what rebuilding taste like...=losing.

Sheed's money will buy us some talent and this team was a quarter away from winning it.

jeb,

This is gyso's rightful domain, but unless Ray and Paul do some serious restructuring and/or paycuts we're still going to be over the salary cap even without Sheed. What that will mean that we will still only be able to sign players to the MLE.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2