kdp59
dboss
wideclyde
sinus007
KyleCleric
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Celtics linked to Dwight Howard - Page 3 Empty Re: Celtics linked to Dwight Howard

Post by worcester Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:37 pm

Let him be judged on the court
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Celtics linked to Dwight Howard - Page 3 Empty Re: Celtics linked to Dwight Howard

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:15 pm

dboss wrote:Much ado about nothing.

The Celtics are on a path to greatness with or without Howard.

I still have not heard any specifics.  Just a bunch of white noise.  So here we have a bunch of smart ass fans that do not know him yet their opinions are based on other people's opinions.

I look at it in terms of pure basketball ability and the strength of what this team is able to do in bringing diverse talent together.  Attitude is a perception.  Sometimes a percieved bad attitude is bad or not or somewhere in between.

Baynes is a free agent.  We could use another big.  My first choice would be Baynes but if the numbers do not work and we could get Howard for a year for less I am going with that.  

I am not trading Morris to keep Baynes as gyso sugessted in another post.

I am going with the best talent for the least  $$$$

In the end Danny probably has a different plan for this team.  

One thing is certain in my mind.  Baynes is a tick away from scrubville and Howard is a player in search of the perfect fit.

My underlying concern is Smart.  Sign him and avoid the luxury tax for one year.  Resign Baynes and we are fucked.  Howard could be cheeper than keeping Baynes and that could free up cash.  I am not moving Morris to keep Baynes and Smart.

Keep Smart.  We cannot keep him if Baynes gets a raise.

What dboss said.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:49 pm

Yes, Dboss is a Shakespearean scholar, and I respect his bball savvy too.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3