Waive bye bye to Perk

5 posters

Go down

Waive bye bye to Perk Empty Waive bye bye to Perk

Post by Ktronic1 Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:01 pm

Cavs waived Perk today.
This is a major face cracking’. When’s the last time a player got waived during Summer League by a team he didn’t even play for last season?
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Waive bye bye to Perk Empty Re: Waive bye bye to Perk

Post by wideclyde Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:20 am

Perkins was not a great player by any stretch, but he surely made serious contributions to the 2008 Cs championship team which should never be forgotten.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:22 am

wideclyde wrote:Perkins was not a great player by any stretch, but he surely made serious contributions to the 2008 Cs championship team which should never be forgotten.
True that!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:23 am

Trading Perk was one of the biggest mistakes that Danny made.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:59 am

Wasn't Perkins traded in part because Ainge didn't want to pay him when his contract ended?

Of course, Jeff Green turned out to be at best a semi-flop in Boston, but when the trade was made it did not sound all that bad. And, Perkins never played anywhere else as well as he had played in Boston.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:11 am

wideclyde wrote:Wasn't Perkins traded in part because Ainge didn't want to pay him when his contract ended?

Of course, Jeff Green turned out to be at best a semi-flop in Boston, but when the trade was made it did not sound all that bad.  And, Perkins never played anywhere else as well as he had played in Boston.

The reason is irrelevant because Doc specifically stated that they did not realize the impact it would have on the players. Players on other teams said that Boston was no longer feared. The Celtics defensive DNA was changed for the worse.

The aftermath of the trade reflected a decline in that championship run for the Celtics.

It was reported that Perk cried like a baby. I feel quite certain that he would have agreed to a reasonable contract.

There is one other poster on this forum that understands this. Shall we tear the scab off of his wound?

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:21 am

wideclyde wrote:Wasn't Perkins traded in part because Ainge didn't want to pay him when his contract ended?

Of course, Jeff Green turned out to be at best a semi-flop in Boston, but when the trade was made it did not sound all that bad.  And, Perkins never played anywhere else as well as he had played in Boston.

I don't have a problem with this deal. I'm not much of a Perk fan.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Has not impact on Boston therefore it is not important, really.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:47 am

Don't be surprised to see Perk show up somewhere as a asst coach/big man coach somewhere. I had read last year that Cleveland wanted him as a coach but he still thought he could play. This could be the beginning of a new career for Perk. Good luck to him, he was a good Celtic player while he was here and has always spoken highly of his time in Boston
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:38 am

Not too sure that if I were the head coach that I would turn Perk loose coaching my young big men on offense.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:56 am

he was an excellent locker room influence no matter where he was. I am sure offense is not what he would be assigned to do.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down