Jaylen Brown says he fasted during Celtics' 2018 playoff run

+2
Matty
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

Jaylen Brown says he fasted during Celtics' 2018 playoff run Empty Jaylen Brown says he fasted during Celtics' 2018 playoff run

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:28 am

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2018/10/boston_celtics_jaylen_brown_sa_1.html

Boston Celtics' Jaylen Brown says he fasted during Celtics' 2018 playoff run

Updated Oct 13, 7:37 PM; Posted Oct 13, 7:37 PM

By Tom Westerholm

Boston Celtics wing Jaylen Brown was one of several young Celtics players to break out during the 2018 playoffs, as Boston went on unpredictable run to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Brown posted 18 points and nearly five rebounds per game, knocking down 39.3 percent of his triples and showing flashes off the bounce while guarding several different positions. And according to Brown, speaking to a crowd at MIT on Friday night, he did it while fasting.

Jaylen Brown says he fasted during Celtics' 2018 playoff run DpVzWgOUYAANW4W
Nicole Yang
@nicolecyang
At MIT, Jaylen Brown shares that he fasted during the playoffs last season: “I didn’t tell anybody because, of course, people were going to be like, ‘What are you thinking? You’re guarding LeBron James and you’re not eating?’ But it actually turned out pretty good for me.” I

12:16 AM - Oct 13, 2018
51 people are talking about this

It's a little unclear when and for how long Brown fasted, but this is a pretty wild statement. As Brown noted, the first thing reporters would have asked him if they knew he was fasting would be (in nicer terms), "What are you thinking? You're guarding LeBron James and you're not eating?" That's the first and most reasonable reaction. Athletes need nutrients, and the playoffs are a particularly demanding part of the schedule. Brown has elite athletic and physical attributes, but that can only get you so far if you're passing out from hunger.

But, as Brown said, he didn't pass out from hunger -- he and the Celtics still put together a great run. Presumably, Brad Stevens and the Celtics' training staff would prefer he eats during this upcoming postseason (imagine how good Brown would have been if he had a little protein), but maybe fasting works for him.

bob
MY NOTE:  And people used to think Bill Walton was weird for being a vegetarian.  Now, Kyrie and Brown are both vegetarians.  Brown says he'd be a vegan if it wasn't for ice cream.  How times have changed... Maybe I should stop eating? Hmmm...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jaylen Brown says he fasted during Celtics' 2018 playoff run Empty Re: Jaylen Brown says he fasted during Celtics' 2018 playoff run

Post by Matty Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:03 am

my wife is a is a vegan/ vegetarian

she will use hot toties (honey) when she has a cold/ eats a bite or two of fish a year/ sometimes will cook a desert for others that includes eggs and will do a taste test.

she calls herself a vegan but as u see will break the rules..

but these people ARE weird.

people who turn down bacon cannot be trusted.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Jaylen Brown says he fasted during Celtics' 2018 playoff run Empty Re: Jaylen Brown says he fasted during Celtics' 2018 playoff run

Post by Shamrock1000 Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:06 am

Matty wrote:

×1

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:20 am

Matty wrote:my wife is a is a vegan/ vegetarian

she will use hot toties (honey) when she has a cold/ eats a bite or two of fish a year/ sometimes will cook a desert for others that includes eggs and will do a taste test.

Hooter,

And some people think aliens don't already live among us?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:43 am

Just thinking about fasting makes me hungry.

I am down in Florida this weekend and the food is great!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:02 am

It was intermittent fasting ala ramadan, not eating during daylight hours so it is kinda false labeling in my opinion and not really that big of a deal.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:12 pm

Matty wrote:my wife is a is a vegan/ vegetarian

Lol I just had a Jersey classic, bagel with bacon 2 fried eggs and cheese....yum!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down