Suns Waive Isaiah Canaan

3 posters

Go down

Suns Waive Isaiah Canaan Empty Suns Waive Isaiah Canaan

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:18 pm

Gerald Bourguet: Suns make the waiving of Isaiah Canaan official. Two open roster spots.

bob
MY NOTE:  I smell a trade.  TWO open roster spots?!  They need bodies and they need them within weeks.

According to the NBA Trade Machine, http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine, the following deals work (I'm not saying we should do them, but the $ work):

Terry Rozier + Yabusele for Dragan Bender
Terry Rozier + Yabusele for Josh Jackson

I don't see any others that make any sense whatsoever.  They're not giving up Booker or Ayton for love or money (maybe for Kyrie or Tatum but those aren't happening for anybody on the Suns squad)

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Suns Waive Isaiah Canaan Empty Re: Suns Waive Isaiah Canaan

Post by worcester Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:45 pm

Yechh on those trades. Last year Terry had as many rebounds and twice the points ppg in less minutes than Bender. Jackson can't shoot or rebound. Yechh.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:56 am

worcester,

I also don't like moving Rozier for either of those two Suns players, and hope that if Ainge moves Rozier that he can bring back more than either Bender or Jackson.

Bender is now in either his third or fourth season and has shown very little improvement.  He may have already reached his NBA ceiling.  Jackson still has a better chance to be a better NBA player at this point,but I do not see him pushing Morris out of the rotation on this year's team.

I could live with Yabusele and Wanamaker and a second round pick for Jackson, but the Suns would not do it as they need a point guard (Rozier).

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:17 pm

Agreed.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down