Post Game Chicago Bulls

4 posters

Go down

Post Game Chicago Bulls Empty Post Game Chicago Bulls

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:31 am

Historic blowout, but beating a team off a back to back happens all the time, but never by 56 points. I don’t mind our guys playing hard as we need the reps/practice, so I enjoyed the show. Our defense was great, taking them out of a lot of their sets, we obviously got off to a great start. Great to see Tatum and Morris start the game hot, ball movement was crisp. Love this new starting line up, well Al was away resting, his left knee tightened up, but love the bench with 3 starter level players in Rozier, Jaylen and GH, it’s working and gonna continue to dismantle most 2nd units IMHO.

Gotta love the way Jaylen is responding of late, last night 3-3 from 3 and 4-4 from the line, 2 signature highlights, a behind the back spin move and finish that at live speed looked incredible and a Dr J like dunk off a steal. Yaba played very well, setting good/big screens and hustling, doing good intangible dirty work, hope he is okay. Semi also finding his stroke and Wanamaker coming in and showing he got game. I don’t care if we beat a tired team, our guys need the reps, might as well practice and do well against a real team....go Jaylen!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post Game Chicago Bulls Empty Re: Post Game Chicago Bulls

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:34 am

Forgot to mention Theis, love his game too!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:39 am

No Horford, no Baynes and even no Williams means no problem as the Celtics smashed the Chicago Bulls in record breaking fashion.  History has a way of setting standards and establishing prerequisites to measure what happens.  In all the years and all the games played by the Boston Celtics, the best of the best and the worst of the worst, we have never seen this one before.

It started with a 17-0 run triggered by a stingy defense.  The defense once again was led by Marcus Smart.  I swear he covered 3 guys at the same time.  Boston wasted no time in executing their offense to perfection.  The knockdown came quick and decisive and before you knew it the Bulls marched in an entirely  new group of 5 players.  It was like a HS basketball game.  The subs came in and made a little hay but the damage was already done.  

The whuppin was complete from beginning to end and in the middle.  At some point I was thinking, okay are you really going to beat them this bad? Yep, the Celtics never took their foot off the accelerator.  They ran stop signs and warning lights as they humiliated the Bulls at every opportunity.

We must mark this one down as a signature win for the sheer magnitude of the point spread.

My game ball goes to Daniel Theis.  In the Up next thread I mentioned that he would be playing a lot.  He not only played a lot but he was fantastic at both ends.  His contributions pop off the page as he logged 32 minutes while scoring 22 points and grabbing 10 rebounds.  Need more?  Not a problem as he also handed out 5 assists and rejected 4 shots  and had 1 steal.  The Celtics may be smaller with Theis at the 5 but they sure look quicker at both ends.  I am really happy for him and I think going forward Brad has to find a way to play him more minutes.

I also want to hand out an honorable mention to Jaylen Brown who lead the team in scoring with 23 very efficient points.  Did you know that he only had 4 points in the 1st half?  Did you know that those points resulted from his 4-4 shooting at the free throw line?  I know there are those who believe that his play the past two games since returning from the tailbone injury is because he is coming off bench and being paired with GH.  However he had already started to play well before the injury.  Will he find his way back into the starting lineup?  Probably so but I see no reason to make a change now unless there is a matchup situation that demands his skill set.  

While I have specifically mentioned Theis and Brown,  this was clearly a team win with contributions up and down the roster.  Next up is NOLA as Boston continues to work through a yoyo schedule.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Nice play all around. On LP, the Boston sportscaster afterward summed it up best. He said, "I am very anxious to see them against a PHI and MIL (coming up this month) to see if this is the real thing. Beating up on hapless teams is one thing, but I'm still not sure at this point which Celtic team we have here."

Paraphrased of course, but that was close to what he said. All stuff we've said on this site for weeks now. Now, I will say this. Beating any team in the NBA by 56 points is rare, even if it's the best versus the worst. The old cliche that any team can beat any team on any given night still holds. But I would call this game the BEGINNING of a statement about where they are looking to go.

They are showing signs of looking like the GSW several years ago...just happy playing the game. Much more relaxed. Much easier to play when you are zeroed in, having fun, playing the game you love and getting paid a ridiculous amount of money to do it. God Bless America!!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:27 pm

Dbrown

A 56 point win is absurd. I even thought they could have played better, lol.

The Bucks and Sixers will be looking for atonement. I think the Sixers game may be the more interesting of the two since they added Jimmy Buckets.

I expect Boston to spank both of them.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:27 pm

I watched the game again and the Celtics won by 56 points again.

This was offensive masterpiece combined with an excellent effort on defense.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:45 am

I love ya, dboss! I'm glad TOR lost to MIL. It brings everyone closer to our 10-loss horrific start. GSW plays TOR on Wed, and I believe it is Game 2 on a back-to-back for TOR vs. LAC! Yikes! We could all be at 10 losses by the end of the week!

If the Celtics continue to play like this with this laser focus but relaxed, everybody's on the smae page, we're having the time of our lives playing the game we love making ludicrous amounts of money attitude, we will run away with the East..probably by 15 games. It won't even be close. OK, I live with a house full of women (No offense Rosalie!) now so I may be exaggerating just a bit but you get the picture. I'll take 8 games.

I know it will be closer to 4 games because injuries will catch up with us as they will every team, but this is close to a positive glimmer. Wouldn't put the stamp on it until after the TOR and MIL games this month so we will see.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:49 am

Here's the Game Flow chart. You may never see one quite like this one:

Post Game Chicago Bulls 2018-121

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content