Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Home

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Home Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Home

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:32 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2018/12/comments-from-other-side-sixers-122518.html

by FLCeltsFan

My brother got me a Butler Jersey for Christmas and a Boston loss would be the best Christmas ever.  (MY NOTE:  Coal for you)

Sixers don't catch a break - Horford & Morris are back for the Celtics

Good no excuses

We've been waiting for revenge since opening night and we will get it tonight.  They don't have a chance.  

Can’t wait to see JB D it up with Tatum...

Let’s get this W. Need big nights from the big 3, and we should walk away the victors tonight.

Will see how long Horford stays on embiid. Don’t think Celtics want horford on embiid for 30 plus minutes. Dude is good. But he’s good in limited stretches against embiid especially when embiid gets tired out. Suicide to put Horford on fresh embiid.

Easy win with Embiid having back to back problematic centers out.

Not sure which team shows up as it seems Celtics own Sixers no matter who is playing.

They really get up to play us. Beating the Sixers mean everything to them it seems.  (MY NOTE:  You're not in our heads anywhere near as much as we are in yours, meat)

I expect Jimmy to have a big game tonight. Gonna make the Celts regret for not trading for him

I really want this to be a statement game for us.

Bostons skyline sucks lol

Kyrie going for 50 tonight, being guarded by JJ and TJ lol

BB really shows a lot of idiot when playing the Celtics.

Lol y’all really thought we were going to win? They got our number haaaard

Brett is getting his butt wooped. Worst coaching and line ups.

BB can't even play checkers against the Celtics

Celtics scrubs love playing Philly.

Feel like we got screwed, both games so far were nationally televised, both in Boston.

Redick is a big liability on defense with Boston. They look for him every time and the entire defense has to rotate to help him

I think I dressed up more to make coffee this AM than Baynes did for this game

Morris took Tatum shooting this year Rmb when Tatum was shooting like 45% thru Dec like Morris, welp that's not gonna happen again

It’s a big game hard not to fell the nerves……when the nerves go away we will be better.

Except the Celtics never seem to feel nervous against us. That's because they know we arent a real threat to them still.

Whos defending Kyrie? Sheesh

Kyrie is dominating this game

Irving is killing the Sixers. Doesn't matter who is guarding him. Celtics are also outhustling the Sixers The Sixers have the bigger team. Why is Boston getting every rebound?

I am waiting for the post game press conference with BB talking about Irving: well what can you do , he is a great player How about not defending him with TJ and Redick???

16 and 5 in the first quarter? So we want Kyrie dropping 70 today?

If kyrie threw these elbows at a woman he’d be arrested for assault

Morris is the second best player on the Celtics. And he won’t be there next year.  (MY NOTE:  2nd best?  Maybe.  Gone next year?  Good chance and more the pity)

Good lord we stink

Horford is such a good defender.

Are we sure Gordon Hayward is not a corpse?

His misses was Lonzo-esque

He is literally a walking corpse. Has been absolutely useless this game.

Is horford allowed to play defense like that? Basically everything that is ILLEGAL in post defense he does CONSTANTLY and never gets called He is the only defender they allow to play like that in all of the NBA He uses 2 hands into embiid, which is ILLEGAL He puts his knee and sometimes ENTIRE LEG between embiids legs and or under his butt so that embiid can not back him down, which is ILLEGAL And he pushes his body into embiids once embiid leaves his feet for the shot pushing him in the air, ALSO ILLEGAL **** hell I hate the Celtics and horford

If other players were allowed to do what horford does in the post any average nba bench big could defend like him

The celtsucks are not that good don't worry so much.

Why is no one else posting about horfords constant illegal defense not being called

Funny, Ben is over 6 inches taller than Smart.....yet he cant do a thing.

Thank god the Celtics are kinda crappy or this would be a blow out.

Man I might have to Tanya Harding Mr Wilson.

Frame TJ for it. Two birds with one stone.

On the plus side the Celtics are doing nothing long term with the corpse of Gordon Hayward and his max contract.

Who cares, they still kick our asses every time. We never adjust, and go in the with the same gameplan every time.

Brett stinks. TJ should not be out there. Bolden need to play. We need more athleticism. Brett can't see it.

BB was busy goggling 6 syllable words for his halftime speech.

I hate playing in Boston Ben gets slapped in face by horford no call

Boston excels at capitalizing on our bad habits and sloppiness. Happens every time we play and at crucial junctures. I credit that to coaching

Why doesn’t Tatum get a tech? He was showing up the ref there

I swear Smart shoots 87% from 3 against us, 12% vs everyone else

Hayward is not shooting well. Excellent!

Good luck Theis You’ll need it

That thiess three hurt

Every player on the Celtics roster can and will hit a wide open three. Must be nice.

If sixers get a bench the east better be scared

Butler and biid have taken over this game Star power bitches!!!! That defense was terrific

Heyward is done He can’t jump at all and even jj can stay in front of him. I feel bad for him

I hate rozier

I love how if you’re in Boston and you boo loud enough….the refs will reverse the call

Simmons' complete and utter fear of shooting just caused that turnover.

Tatum reminds me of that ex raptor who plays for the Spurs now that has a first name Rudy

Yeah. I’m not seeing the special player everyone claims him to be. If you want a good laugh look at bill Simmons trade value article and see where he puts him.

Tatum is such a fluke shooter. He is bricking shots worse than Muscala. And when he accidentally makes them (banks them in somehow) they are comparing him to Kobe or T-mac. Such an overrated player.

He's a solid NBA player, but the people saying he is some kinda superstar must need some glasses. He has a lot of developing to do in his game before he's anywhere close to that level.

Well that was it for our run. The Celtics are awake again.

Cue Smart turning into steph curry randomly

Hayward is the equalizer. Please keep him out there.

Kyrie killing us on boards Yes kyrie

That play with the ball bouncing off of Theiss’ back is the whole Sixers/Celtics thing in microcosm.

So the refs just gonna call a foul on every Celtics drive ?

Tatum is just not that good

The Sixers are really lucky to only be down by 6 at the half

Wow Boston playing frenzy good they know it’s a big game so does the crowd, Brad Stephens even put is special plays. We lucky to be down only six.

I love how every slow-MO highlight replay of Kyrie before the commercial break shows him blatantly using his off arm to push defenders and create space

The refs are Boston biased (what a surprise)

All I want for Christmas is for Fultz to find his stroke. That would fix a lot of what’s wrong with this team.

Boston doesn't look better than us. It really will come down to coaching. It's Brett's game to lose.

Kyrie is outrageous

Hubie Brown acts like Jayson Tatum invented running in transition.

This Christmas day, we should be thankful..... No matter what happens in this game, we won’t be forced to watch Baynes make a dagger 3 or confetti fall from the ceiling

Murder! Murder! Kyrie did a totally on purpose murder!

We need to throw max money at Morris.   (MY NOTE:  He might love playing in his hometown, but then forget about Jimmy B)

Why does Marcus Smart -- who can't shoot in 99.9% of his games, also hit his shots against PHI?

Ben with Smart covering him refuses to take him to the rack.

Have they called a foul on Boston in this half, other than the offensive foul on Kyrie?

Fouls 14-10, still not good enough by the refs

How does Theiss not get a T there? That’s right. Only Sixers.

And just like that 6ers up 7!

It’s like Boston players see Simmons in the game and suddenly they become killers

Simmons just drained a jumper!!!

BEN MADE A J!!!
Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Home Giphy

We have the best big in league and he’s out on perimeter ! Smh

Horford dominating him in the paint.

I will be honest with you I want this win bad..

No clue how Tatum has 20. He's been silent IMO  (MY NOTE:  Did you miss that post about the whole running game?)

Kyrie is too good man

Irving has been ridiculous tonight.

I really hate Boston.

The Celtics play an embarrassing selection of songs at their games. Straight up Jock James on repeat.

Hip hop was banned from Boston in 2008. The old songs are grandfathered in.  (MY NOTE:  Yet one more reason to be a Boston Celtic fan, as I needed another)

We got Butler to beat the top teams and didn’t even touch the ball our last possession to win the game

We better win in OT Brett screwed us by not giving it to butler

This has such a playoff feel, I love it (unless we lose ofc)

Yup, Jimmy is leaving at the end of the year. He be like, Brett Brown... Man he crazier than Thibs...

Boston getting away with the grabbing now.

I’m done with Simmons. Trade him for a decent 2way 2 guard.  (MY NOTE:  How about Rozier plus a first, or two?  I'll bet Brad can teach Simmons to shoot)

The Sixers collapsed down the stretch This is why they will never beat the Celtics until they learn to stop making stupid decisions late in games

Irving has 40 points and we're down 4 points in OT on the road. But let the overreactions begin. We're closing the gap on Boston  (MY NOTE:  You're ahead of us in the standings and yet, because you're a Sixer fan, you perceive yourself as needing to "close the gap" on us.  Pathetic)

Saying Kyrie had 40 points is a superficial analysis of the game. Reality is we were up by 5 in OT and couldn't close them out. Because, 1) Simmons chocked twice driving to the basket and shying away from contact, 2) no one other than Embiid showed any guts and desire to take clutch shots. Once again or coach seemed matched.

Boston is not very good. Who cares. Bucks and raptors are miles better.

They have to play the next two against us in Philly,they in trouble.

Feels like we've played the last 6 in Boston.

The Celtics continue to own the sixers.

The sad thing is right now the Celtics are Kyrie and a bunch of mediocre players. Sad losing to that bunch.

Celtics are probably a bad matchup based on the current rosters and playstyles.

Remember no Baynes, this is huge as Embiid can score way more easily.  (MY NOTE:  BINGO!!!)

Simmons is a flat out liability against Boston. He looks like a god against the Knicks but who the **** cares.

At least it wasn’t a blowout, like last time.

Boston didn't even run plays in the end. They just let kyrie ISO

Most of Kyrie's scores were off screens

I am encouraged by this game believe it or not It took a Super Human effort by Kyrie Irving on Boston’s home court on Xmas day to win this game

Boston does not have a great team – they have a lot of solid players & are old in key spots, C’s have One great player (Kyrie) & for some reason we make Tatum look WAY better than he is – No way should Tatum be getting to the FT line 9X – he dribbles east / west & usually takes a fade away

Boston seems to own us, which means we aren't going anywhere

Every game we play against Boston have the same errors and incompetence. They don’t even adapt against Boston

We were up 7 after korks 3, then Brett took out ever1. Would it have killed us to go 1 more minute with that lineup?

A seven point lead in basketball is nothing. That can go away in one minute. Maybe it wouldn’t have been bad to go another minute with that lineup but remember it is the backups.

Im so drunk and disappointed in this team

I'm sober and disappointed

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down