kdp59
mrkleen09
dboss
gyso
Shamrock1000
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Anthony Davis has asked to be traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Anthony Davis has asked to be traded

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:06 pm

And I agree with you, if LA does not make the deal before the deadline, then he is ours to gain or lose, no question we will be in drivers seat.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Anthony Davis has asked to be traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Anthony Davis has asked to be traded

Post by tjmakz Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:19 pm

Jeff Van Gundy and Mike Breen were just talking during the Wizards game and said that New Orleans has taken AD out of the Pelicans pre game video in tonight’s game against Denver.
It will be very interesting to see how New Orleans manages this, even after the trade deadline.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:37 pm

It looks like the Lakers have made their offers for AD.
I agree with the Lakers, make offers then move on a week from today if they don't make a deal.

Brad Turner @BA_Turner
4 minutes ago
Lakers president Magic Johnson and the Lakers then presented five different trade scenarios to Demps on Wednesday and are waiting to hear back from Demps about which interest him the most, per sources.

Brad Turner @BA_Turner
1 minute ago
Lakers want to get deal done and have no plans on trying to outbid Celtics during the summer because Lakers will then pursue other free agents besides AD.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:42 pm

At least we will have clarity soon.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:59 pm

Surprise, surprise. We'll see how good Magic is at negotiations. Looks like he's initial swing is to baffle them with BS. Sales/Negotiations 101. Give them one option, they'll say "No" 100% of the time. Given them 2-3 Options MAX, they will pick one 100% of the time. Not a Smorgasbord. Too much confusion. Good luck, Lakers.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:00 pm

tjmakz wrote:It looks like the Lakers have made their offers for AD.
I agree with the Lakers, make offers then move on a week from today if they don't make a deal.

Brad Turner @BA_Turner
4 minutes ago
Lakers president Magic Johnson and the Lakers then presented five different trade scenarios to Demps on Wednesday and are waiting to hear back from Demps about which interest him the most, per sources.

Brad Turner @BA_Turner
1 minute ago
Lakers want to get deal done and have no plans on trying to outbid Celtics during the summer because Lakers will then pursue other free agents besides AD.

If the Lakers do not make the deal now they are out of the picture even when AD can become a free agent.  They cannot go another year without adding a second star to the team.  Once they do that their ability to have enough CAP space is greatly reduced.  Lebron has an x-date.  They cannot blow through 2 years with him and do nothing else.  So I see them making a push to sign a star this summer.  They are not going to outbid Boston because they cannot outbid Boston.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:44 pm

If I'm New Orleans why would I want to be the "Bayou Lakers"? A package of Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, et al to pair with Randle, haven't we seen this movie before?!? Even with unprotected picks this doesn't move me. How great will the picks be coming from a Lebron/AD team? Even if AD doesn't come to Boston, there are undoubtedly better offers than the Laker one for the Pels to mull.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:27 pm

willjr wrote:If I'm New Orleans why would I want to be the "Bayou Lakers"? A package of Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, et al to pair with Randle, haven't we seen this movie before?!? Even with unprotected picks this doesn't move me. How great will the picks be coming from a Lebron/AD team? Even if AD doesn't come to Boston, there are undoubtedly better offers than the Laker one for the Pels to mull.

I think it has been pretty much established that Boston has a more valuable package to offer than LA. A lot can happen between now and the trade deadline and all the way to July 1st.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:40 pm

dboss wrote:
willjr wrote:If I'm New Orleans why would I want to be the "Bayou Lakers"? A package of Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, et al to pair with Randle, haven't we seen this movie before?!? Even with unprotected picks this doesn't move me. How great will the picks be coming from a Lebron/AD team? Even if AD doesn't come to Boston, there are undoubtedly better offers than the Laker one for the Pels to mull.

I think it has been pretty much established that Boston has a  more valuable package to offer than LA.  A lot can happen between now and the trade deadline and all the way to July 1st.  

My post had nothing to do with a possible Boston offer, as a matter of fact I haven't weighed in at all on a Celts-Pels trade. My post was about how I don't get all of the hullabaloo over a Laker deal when what they've got to offer has already beeǹ seen, and it wasn't exactly must see viewing then. My last sentence made it clear that I was not comparing a Bos-LaL trade package.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4