bobc33
jeb
tjmakz
cowens/oldschool
LACELTFAN
dboss
11 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread  - Celtics split LA in half 103-94 6/6/2010 Empty Post Game Thread - Celtics split LA in half 103-94 6/6/2010

Post by dboss Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:18 pm

That's what I'm talking about!

I HOPE Celtics fans were not dismayed over their showing in game one. Motivation is a bitch so spotting them game one only served to get the team motivated to play better. Rajon and Ray carried the load but make no mistalk about it..this was a team effort from top to bottom.

Kobe is a great player but as we STILL can see he is not perfect. He can be curtailed just like lebron or any other player. The Celtics have this way about them where they just figure things out and impose their collective wills on teams. That is why looking at game one to get some sense of how the series would end up is fruitless.

It's kinda funny...It's like some preordained prophecy gave them (LA) claim to the championship. The Celtics played their b game and still beat the crap out of them! Game 3 is tomorrow night and it is the first swing game. These teams are just feeling each other out except the lakers do not have a formula to beat Boston. But Boston figured that one out in game 2. Frends it can only get worse for LA.

About game 2. We saw one of the most incredible long distance shooting exhibition ever in the history of NBA championship level play. The lakers strategy to put Kobe on Rajon and Fisher on Ray Allen blew up big time. Rajon is no longer a leave him open shooter. Rondo's triple double was simply an amazing piece of work and added another notch to the he's the best PG in the NBA fan club. Glen Davis played harder than anybody on the court. he may get some shots block but he just keeps coming. Great game by the kid. Perk found a little offensive fluidity and once again Sheed showed the value of experience and length coming off the bench. Rajoin can give a lot of credit to Nat Robinson who once again came off the bench and simply did everything that he needed to do to keep the momentum flowing for Boston.

River coached a masterfull game.

In sum what I see is that if Kobe shot 3-14 the lakers would get blown out by the Celtics every game. If PP and KG put up stinkers it does not matter except in the box scores because Boston still has the fortitude to beat anybody anywhere and anytime.

So much for the lakers undefeated playoff home streak.

The Celtics have this calm demeanor about them. Their confidence level is off the charts and they are clearly on a mission to win their 18th title.

There is a ton of money changing sides in vegas.

This is still a long sereis. The game 2 victory by Boston set the sereis on its head (sound familar Cavs and magic) And i have to feel that Lakers have lost a measure of their own ability and belief that they can beat Boston.

Go Celtics

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread  - Celtics split LA in half 103-94 6/6/2010 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - Celtics split LA in half 103-94 6/6/2010

Post by LACELTFAN Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:15 pm

dboss, the only thing I'm betting is that game 2 will have as much effect on game 3, as game 1 had on game 2....I am going out on a limb!!!!
The team that scores more points will WIN!!! Yes, you can quote me on that...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread  - Celtics split LA in half 103-94 6/6/2010 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - Celtics split LA in half 103-94 6/6/2010

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:37 pm

KG was pretty bad most of game looking more like Waltah,then last two minutes of crunch time had a few key plays,a bucket and assist to Perk and a couple crucial rebounds......we are playing barely our B game and its 1-1,wait till the home crowd gets us going.I'm thinking a light went on in KG's head,a light definitely went on in Nates head,he can pass now and plays with a purpose,hes obviously getting it at just the right time.

We will take it up a notch real soon,their bigs cannot play better and we still won.Kobe's shooting % is gonna to be going downhill,TA did a great job pressuring him,he can't drive on us.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:59 pm

The Lakers can view this series similiar to the way Boston can.
In game 2-
If someone would have told the Lakers the following before game 2:
1) Odom would have 2 more fouls then points in the game
2) Artest would have 1 FG in the entire game
3) Kobe would have his lowest amount of points since April
4) Ray would put on a historic 3 point barrage
5) They would got outrebounded
6) Boston would have 10 more assists
7) They would be winning the game with 5 minutes left

I think they would have been happy to be in that position despite the circumstances.

Both teams/players have much room for improvement.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:27 pm

Tj

True dat. Peace homes...I dont like Phil but you and me are fine...glad your here.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:45 pm

jeb,

I don't like being the center of most controversies here and maybe the main cause for angst among members but it just seems to happen...
I am the most non-confrontational person you would ever know, but when it comes to being on other fans websites, I seem to enjoy the discussions even if I am the only supporter for my idea.
I hope to be here for quite some time or until Sam tells me, enough is enough...
I have no interest in chatting among other Lakers fans who just want to sing the Lakers praises and think that Kobe's S don't stink. Where's the challenge in that?

Anyway, keep up the battle with staying away from the cigs.
I agree with MG, that if I was guaranteed that you would never smoke again, I would accept a humiliating 4-0 sweep from Boston.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:49 pm

tj
Do you know any good Laker blogs I could check out?If I like it I may want to discuss some hoops. cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:53 pm

I have not found any 'semi-private' ones similar to this website.
I am pretty sure babyskyhook has referenced one or two that he is involved with.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:59 pm

I just found this interview of Ron Artest who was questioned about his dribbling around the 3 point line, then chucking up that horrible shot. I laughed out loud when I read this.

Fourth, and finally, it wasn't the officials who lost their bearings so consistently, they ended up making one of 10 baskets while making several horrible plays down the stretch. That would be Artest, who, during one late possession, simply dribbled around and around before finally throwing up an awful jumper.

"It's one of the more unusual sequences I've ever witnessed," said Lakers Coach Phil Jackson, who has seen approximately a billion NBA sequences.

A few moments earlier, Artest had thrown away a pass with the Lakers trailing by one.

Overall, the eccentric forward did exactly what that Celtics folks had hoped he would do in this biggest series of his series. He melted down.

What happened on the crazy dribble play, Ron? "I'm not sure."

Were you confused out there? "I don't know."
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:12 pm

tjmakz wrote:jeb,

I don't like being the center of most controversies here and maybe the main cause for angst among members but it just seems to happen...
I am the most non-confrontational person you would ever know, but when it comes to being on other fans websites, I seem to enjoy the discussions even if I am the only supporter for my idea.
I hope to be here for quite some time or until Sam tells me, enough is enough...
I have no interest in chatting among other Lakers fans who just want to sing the Lakers praises and think that Kobe's S don't stink. Where's the challenge in that?

Anyway, keep up the battle with staying away from the cigs.
I agree with MG, that if I was guaranteed that you would never smoke again, I would accept a humiliating 4-0 sweep from Boston

My we have some mighty cool Laker fans on here!

And I'm changing my avatar to not show that woman blowing smoke, don't want to tempt Jeb.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:28 pm

TJ,

So Ron was confused as to whether he was confused? I have to remember that one for conversations with my wife.

I'm not here to tell people enough is enough. I'm here to try to ensure civility and, to enjoy learning a lot through some great basketball discussion, and to communicate with some great people.

It is a fact that there's room for improvement on both sides. But, over the years, I've witnessed relatively few playoff games that were works of art. They tend to be contests of attrition, persistence, endurance. and just enough poise in the clutch to seal the deal. Someone recently described them as a tractor-pull.

Sometimes it's such a maelstrom out there that little nuances or insights are completely obliterated. For example, in all the angst Celtics fans have (for good reason) over KG's play he's doing at least one thing very well. He's a master at lunging out for quick traps and recovering quickly on defense. I feel that's one of the reasons why some of the Lakers' plays have been slow to develop, and it looks as though some of their first options are compromised by this delaying tactic.

My guess is that a Lakers fan, more familiar with Artest than I am, could pinpoint one or more less obvious ways in which Ron's contributing (in addition to defending Pierce) despite his lack of offense.

On the whole, it seems to me as though the Lakers have played up to their potential more than the Celtics have. The Lakers bigs are playing extremely well, and Kobe is Kobe. There's your basic triangle as I understand it.

In Game 2, despite the Celtics victory, a superhuman shooting effort by one guy overcame continued lack of peak performances from at least two Celtics.

If the Celtics have reached their ceiling, it could be a difficult remainder of the series for the guys in white and green. However, if they can recapture more of their latent potential, the series could turn very much in their favor.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MustangGator Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:42 pm

dboss wrote:
It's kinda funny...It's like some preordained prophecy gave them (LA) claim to the championship.
Not sure where this is coming from. Media? Personal opinion. Lakers, then where?

dboss wrote:
The Celtics played their b game and still beat the crap out of them!
Define (beat the crap out of them). This was a 9 point game and would have been closer if not for the last minute fouling sending the C's to the charity line. The Lakers actually had the lead at the 3:22 mark of the 4th quarter. Maybe I am missing something, but beating the crap out of the Lakers in game 2 seems a little strong. The Lakers also played their b game. They didn't play very smart at all. Artest in another atmosphere, nothing from Odom, Kobe in foul trouble, Fisher, enough said. I could go on and on. So the C's won a game between two b level performances. Congratulations to the Celtics for winning a subpar game.

dboss wrote:
These teams are just feeling each other out except the lakers do not have a formula to beat Boston.
Formula for the series or to win a game? Because they (Lakers) have already won one with or without a formula. I am hoping you mean a formula to win the series, because that is still to be determined.

dboss wrote:
Frends it can only get worse for LA.
But will it? So what your saying is that the Celtics will win the next 3. Because any win from here on out is better than the game 2 loss and would not fill the bill as (it can only get worse for LA). Again, just an opinion and prediction. We shall see.

dboss wrote:
In sum what I see is that if Kobe shot 3-14 the lakers would get blown out by the Celtics every game.
No shit, probably. But Kobe has not shot 3-14, nor will he. Everyone knows that the Lakers for the most part will only go as far as Kobe can take them. Not a surprise here. Blown out everytime? Will see if game 6 2008 is revisited.

Finally,

dboss, I know you are running on emotions and the excitement of the game 2 victory. But come on. You have me believeing that the C's will not be returning to LA. In other words, sweeping in Boston. Is that what you believe? Paul Pierce, left Staples yelling this exact sentiment to the LA crowd, alledgedly, according to local radio here. Now, i think I will take a page out of BSK's Book. Goodnight, and best of luck in game 3.

MG
MustangGator
MustangGator

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:36 am

mg

I would be delighted to win 2 of 3. I fully expect you guys to rally.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:03 am

[quote="MustangGator"]
dboss wrote:
Finally,

dboss, I know you are running on emotions and the excitement of the game 2 victory. But come on. You have me believeing that the C's will not be returning to LA. In other words, sweeping in Boston. Is that what you believe? Paul Pierce, left Staples yelling this exact sentiment to the LA crowd, alledgedly, according to local radio here. Now, i think I will take a page out of BSK's Book. Goodnight, and best of luck in game 3.

MG
Mustang, If Paul Pierce yelling something stupid was detrimental to this team, they probably wouldn't make the playoffs. I think it, like Gasol's comment about KG, is a non story...
I would be downright surprised if LA doesn't come out, guns blazing in game 3. If they were to end up down 20 before the fourth quarter...I'd probably fall out of my chair. A more likely scenario is the Lakers jumping out to a double digit lead and the C's playing catch up all night. I hope not, but it's more likely to me.... This looks to be a seesaw battle, game to game, with neither team getting a large advantage. Should be another interesting chapter, Kobe didn't look too pleased last night. I can't imagine him not coming in and lighting things up, at least for awhile.
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:52 am

Hi,
I don't understand all that fuss about Artest dribbling brain fart - much more stable players did similar things: does Reddick ring a bell? Also, I don't think it decided the outcome of the game.
One of the major contributing factors for the final score is the Celtics bench left Lakers bench behind in the dust.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:43 am

1. Ray Allen was unconscious. All great shooters will get into a zone like that, and game 2 was his time.

2. It seems to me that the problems with LA's backcourt is "insufficient Kobe". Put him on Rondo and Ray will go off on Fisher. Put Kobe on Allen, like they did in the second half of game 2, and Rondo runs wild. Kobe does a great job on whomever they put him on, there just isn't enough of him. Another way of putting this is that the thinness and weakness of the Laker backcourt is becoming apparent. There was evidence of it in the OKC series, where Westbrook abused Fisher and in the Phoenix series with Nash. The problem with those two teams is that they didn't have the other half of the backcourt to make it hell for LA. Sefolosha, Harden and JRich just aren't there yet (although I really like what I see in Sefolosha and I'm loving Harden). Ray Allen is not a kid's assignment and I haven't seen evidence of Shannon Brown being able to handle him and therein lies LA's problem. Whether Ray Allen is on or not he is a constant, unforgettable threat to and that means he really needs Kobe on him. And that lets Rondo out of prison.

3. I thought game 1 was about as bad as KG could play. I was wrong. He is off on just about everything to the point where he's looking clueless out there. Odom looks the same way. The good news for KG is that he's going home and will have friendly environs to help him get on track. Odom has the less enviable position of having to get into his game in an extremely hostile environment. LA needs Odom. Needs him. He is by far the most significant member of their bench and I believe it will be very tough for the Laker 5 to beat the Celtic 8 or 9 if this goes 6 or even 7 games.

4. Pierce and Artest zeroed each other out. That's a win for LA. They don't need Artest to do anything but stop Pierce.

5. Kudos to Bynum for playing so well in pain. Perk needs to step up his game and force Bynum further out, like he did with Shaq and Howard, and he needs to keep a body on him on rebounds. Seven blocks by a player who has pain moving laterally is an awesome performance.

6. I thought the reffing was pretty even. Bad both ways. A lot of make-up calls in one game.

7. Gasol is having an unbelievably effective and efficient series so far.

8. Rondo's rebounding made a big difference in this game. He was, in fact, the leading rebounder for either team. When was the last time, if ever, a point guard was the leading rebounder in NBA Finals history?

Coming into this series there were two incontrovertible truths:
1. For the Lakers to become the champs, they only needed to trade wins. One for them, one for us, one for them, one for us. In the end, we'd run out of chances to catch up.

2. For the Celtics to become the champs, they need to win two games in a row, at some point.

The only bad thing about losing game 1 is that it ended the opportunity of winning two in a row, which we need. In game 3, we have that opportunity to win consecutive games again. If we pull it out, LA will have to win two in a row, but will only have about 1/2 the series left to do it in and only two home games left. If we don't, we'll still have games 4 & 5 or games 5 & 6. or games 6 & 7 (obviously, this is the least desired scenario for us and the most desired for the Lakers).

Stating the obvious? Absolutely, but thinking like this calmed me down some after Thursday's loss. It's all about two-in-a-row and Sunday's win has set us up for another shot at it.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Bob-With KG and Odom, there are at least two ways to see it...as there usually is... KG will get into it because the home crowd will help fuel his fire. Odom will get into it because it's inspiring to play "in your face" basketball..When the crowd is hostile, I think players like him sometimes focus better, get inspired...we'll see...
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:23 pm

I'd like to see them dress Scal instead of Shelden tonight. While it would be wonderful to see the Celtics be able to utilize their preferred substitution pattern, I'm not at all certain that will happen. It seems as though one key player or another (sometimes more than one) is destined to get into foul trouble against a Lakers team that's very good at drawing fouls.

IF it comes to the point where a fifth big is needed on the floor for a few minutes, I'd rather see Scal out there than Shelden. Scal has the ability to rise to the occasion at either PF or center. (He's done it well on previous occasions, including one memorable win against Gasol.)

In a few minutes of play, Shelden might get one more rebound than Scal, but Scal would be likely to block out on multiple occasions, making rebounding easier for the other big(s) with whom he's playing. Scal's more familiar with the Celtics system, and the Celtics' most pressing need is for good defense, which is his forte. As far as offense is concerned, any points scored by either Shelden or Scal would be a pure bonus; but I believe Scal would fill a better-defined role in spacing the floor and moving the ball.

I realize people will probably never stop talking about the terrible inbounds pass Scal rolled to Rondo many games ago. But the reason that happened was that Scal was over-thinking, being well aware of Rondo's tendency to let inbounds passes roll to save precious seconds. In contrast, when Shelden made TWO consecutive egregious passes to Kobe, Shelden was UNDER-thinking. I'd rather have no mistakes; but, given the choice, I'll take over-thinking rather than under-thinking every time.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:36 pm

LACELTFAN wrote:Bob-With KG and Odom, there are at least two ways to see it...as there usually is... KG will get into it because the home crowd will help fuel his fire. Odom will get into it because it's inspiring to play "in your face" basketball..When the crowd is hostile, I think players like him sometimes focus better, get inspired...we'll see...

LACeltfan,

Yep, we shall. I said before the series started that I thought Odom was the X factor. If he shows up, we really don't have anybody that can cover him if Gasol's on the floor with him (Perk on Gasol, so that KG can be on Odom, is not a pretty picture).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:47 pm

P.S. My middle son, Evan, wants and asked for a #6 Bill Russell jersey. After I wiped the tear from my eye and squeezed him, I realized I had no answer for him. Any suggestions?

Helpless in Wake Forest
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:15 pm

I'm not sure where else to put this, and I don't think it's worth its own thread, but:

It seems to me that tonight's game should favor the Celtics. Barring an emotional letdown after winning on Sunday (which we have seen happen this year), I would think that the short time between games coupled with all the travel time would leave the Lakers with very little time for adjustments. The Celts flew back Sunday night. The Lakers flew out 9 a.m. Monday morning. That would mean they'd get there around 5-6 p.m. EDT Monday.

Ok, maybe some time in the evening Monday for film (6 pm EDT is only 3 pm for them), but not that much time on the court actually practicing the adjustments on Tuesday.

My thinking is that the minimal amount of adjustment time available before game 3 should favor the team that won game 2. In this case, that'd be the Celtics

At least, I hope so.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:37 pm

MG
show me where I ever said anything about a sweep?

Nice strawman argument.

"Finally,

MG"

I write the post game threads and I call em like I see em. It seems like you laker fans cannot deal with the fact that the Celtics are good enough to go into the staples center and win. The Celtics beat the crap out of the lakers where it counts the most (above the neck) You still don't get it do you? Bynum and gasol and kobe all played well and that was not well enough. What happened to the great depth off the bench> What happended to Mrs Odom? The lakers shot more free throws than Boston and you have the nerve to whin?

All the pundits picked LA except for a few well informed knowledgeable basketball folks.

It's entertaining and I am enjoying every second of it.

You see we do not need to sweep LA to beat them we just need to beat them.

Beat LA

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down