Comments From The Other Side - vs Pacers, Away

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Pacers, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Pacers, Away

Post by bobheckler Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:08 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2019/04/comments-from-other-side-pacers-4519.html

by FLCeltsFan

Moment of truth. Do you want the four spot or not? Are you able to beat the Celtics with out Dipo?

I expect a great game by the Pacers, but don't know if the refs will let the Pacers win... NBA is rigged

Jaylen Brown is likely out. Marcus Morris is definitely out. Morris was the leading scorer for the Celtics in 2 out of our 3 gms this year.

Right now, Vegas says Pacers are 1.5 point favorites.

Nightmare officiating crew. Tom Washington and Curtis Blair are two of only a few officials that statistically almost eliminate home court advantage.

I found Morris to be a real problem in our other games. This is great news. I'd almost rather he be out than Kyrie.

Morris is out, Jaylen Brown is doubtful and Horford is probable for this game. We need this victory against a shorthanded Celtics team.

Most important game of the season is against a team we almost beat last week missing two pieces that they had last week. Oh, and it’s at home. I’ll take those odds. Screw the fear of national television. Let’s get this dub.

Hello darkness my old friend
We're playing on ESPN
In the standings we were creeping
Fell to fifth seed while I was sleeping
Next verse etc

Yikes. ESPN game means we are competitive for the first 2 quarters and then we disappear in the 3rd.  (MY NOTE:  BINGO!!)

I'd love to see feisty "end of last Piston's game" Aaron squaring off against Kyrie and make Uncle Drew work for it against the young blood.

Getting Collison and Matthews back could be big. They should have some extra energy after a few games off.

Need this W so bad - will really give us a strong chance to finish 4th and get home court. Considering how close we were last night and how good of a home team we are, I think we can do it. Please don't break my heart Pacers.

I had a dream that Bojan dropped 60 so do with that what you will.

8pm start time, at home? Don't they know how close that is to my bedtime?

It better be really loud at BLF tonight

Blowout victory on deck men. Mark these words, I'll be quoting in our post game thread.

For which team?

Wesley Matthews and Marcus Morris have both been upgraded to AVAILABLE. Morris is a surprise, he was designated as OUT yesterday.

He went from OUT to Playing an hour before the game?? Isn’t that cheating? Changes the game plan and everything, wth Stevens  (MY NOTE:  I don't know if Brad did this intentionally but if he did I like it!)

Hmm. A significant booo as the Celtics come out to warm up. Maybe this won't be an away game for a change.

Even with the Celtics uneven season, their roster just screams ECF. It's just such a weird feeling. It reminds me of watching that Pacers squad post-brawl.

Tatum really regressed when it comes to shot selection

Our team has to try so hard to score but Kyrie just shoots it from wherever.

Kyrie is unreal

****ing Celtics twitter lying to me saying morris was out

So far its good for us he's playing

Playing pretty sh**, but still in the game. Good sign. Bad sign is Kyrie is already getting whatever he wants.

Celtics fans are not a fan of Morris.

I wanna see Sabonis body Baynes down low all night like that. He's stronger.

Refs aren't calling much

Baynes literally whines after every play

Baynes is weak as shit

I really hope they continue to let Domas play physical in the post. Throwback to 90's Pacers vs. Ewing. Love it!

Mark my word, soon Smart will start flopping.

I see Boston has brought their ref crew tonight

I missed the memo from the NBA that said it’s okay to elbow someone in the face. Good lord.

How many 3’s for smart next half. Always seems to dagger us for some reason

There's 1

You would think at some point we would guard Horford.

Not looking forward to a playoff series against Celtics if were gonna get classic officiating like this

We're 12-30 on 2 point field goals because we're getting harassed on every shot inside. This is painful to watch.

I shouldn't be surprised by this game. NBA refs taking over and poor offense is very typical for a Pacers game in prime time.

Can we ask national TV not to televise our playoff games?

Just set the playoff schedule now pacers @boston game 1

Kyrie really set the tone for them through most of the 1st half. Then others started to get rolling as the 2nd quarter progressed. But Kyrie has been the biggest thorn in our side.

The Celtics and Refs with the double team!

Refs have clearly changed how they are calling the game. And no contact on another foul call

Celtics take a bad shot = automatic foul on us

I was really hoping to get unengaged Kyrie tonight. Boo

Pacers 38 Celtics 35 Refs at least 7

Good to see Smart finally got called for a foul

Serious question, when did Tatum became such a whiner? His rookie year he just played and was really impressive but tonight he’s thinking he was fouled every dang play. Growing pains?

WTF ARE THESE REFS ARE TRYING TO DO???

THe NbA iS bEtTeR wHeN bOsToN iS gOoD  (MY NOTE:  ThE eNGlIsH lAnGuAgE iS bEtTeR wHeN yOu DoN't TrY sO hArD)

That call was absolutely terrible. Late whistle, not even shooting motion, obvious charge

Ok never mind, I have learned from the refs that Tatum is God’s gift to basketball. How silly I was

I gotta say these Celtics announcers are pretty good right now lol

I can’t wait until we get Gordon Hayward as a salary dump when the Celtics go after AD

Can Brad Stevens be included in that package?

I kind of want Hayward

I’m going to assume the Cory Joseph sleeps on top of a Native American burial mound each and every night. It’s the only thing that explains his poor offensive abilities  (MY NOTE:  I do not believe Native Americans EVER lost a full-blown pitched battle against the US Army, so I have NO idea wtf he's talking about)

Celtics are hitting contested fadeaways, Pacers looking gassed and discouraged We don't have Vic, they have one of the best players in the league. I don't want to watch the playoffs this year.

Overall we’ve been outplayed, but it’s just such a bummer the Cs are so whiney.

Smart was just jamming thad into the stanchion

What is with Smart holding Thaddy on the stanchion

That’s 100% a foul, but man oh man I hate guys jumping forward for their “shooting motion”

Maybe we should stop whining on the refs after that one

This is the problem with the refs. Celtics are outplaying the pacers this quarter, no problem. But they shouldn’t be up more than 7. It tough

Al Horford is a consistent pain in my a**

I can’t hate Al The rest of his team whines constantly but this dude just played basketball

I’m sure he’s great. But his shooting percentage sucks. Because it’s high.

Has Horford missed a shot against us this year?

Marcus Smart only hits threes when they lose, don't worry

Orlando have put nearly 150 on Atlanta. Wot. Thank **** we don’t play that weird a** team first round. They’re terrifying.

Have you seen the Celtics play?

Can anyone seriously explain the no call on cojo? It's a common foul no matter how you look at it? Is it not?

He was elbowed in the face. There’s no logical explanation for a no-call.

Incidental contact. Corey just put his face in the wrong position. I get the call

Sorry effort all around. We played this team down to the wire in Boston one week ago and now we’re getting run off our home floor with a chance to get home court for the first round. Inexcusable effort.

We can blame Nate, the refs, luck, etc... But the case is simply that we are getting outplayed by a better team on both sides of the court. True Pacers fans aren’t ones to play the blame game. We’re better than that.   (MY NOTE:  Kudos!!)

Nice job Celtics, you're finally about to have a better record than a team with no All-Stars!

Gonna be a short series

Arena is dead

As is homecourt advantage

Who’s guarding Hayward?

Yes. And who's guarding anyone.

What a choke job. A chance to make a statement and get homecourt advantage and they get blown out instead. Embarrassing

This game does not spiral out of control without that sh** officiating in the second. Y'all can try to blame Nate and blame the players, but honestly how do you expect the team to play when that happens?

Why the hell does the crowd sound like the game is in Boston

Because the pacers fans aren’t into a 20 point blow out

Understandable, but I just cant stand the amount of cheering for the Celtics

When our schedule actually includes playoff caliber teams we look lost on offense and show poor effort.

Refs just giving us a preview of that meddling playoff officiating.

Lulling them into a false sense of security so the Celtics lose their last two games. Then the Pacers will do what they actually do and beat two bad teams and get fourth the easy way.

We didn't even look terrible this q the Celtics just can't miss

we’re cooked Hayward has killed us.

Oh this was nationally televised. No wonder.

Should petition for a national TV blackout of the series.

Celtics are going to be so surprised when we sweep them

Pacers are so out talented it is not funny. Getting out muscled and do not shoot enough threes. That combo spells sweep

On the plus side, at least we'll likely be put out of our misery quickly when we're swept out of the first round.

IF NATE IS A GENIUS - (small percentage) - he is losing this game on purpose the bad way, to confuse future first round opponent that Pacers are beyond horrible. So Celtics would prepare for the Pacers like German Wermacht in WWII, with no antifreeze in their tanks on the round to the Moscow. Couple coaches were very shrewd to play tricks with opposition heads. Echhhhh, one can only wish....

Maybe we’re hoping to play Philly?

Fatboy got the traveling call, and it only took 12 steps without a dribble to get there. Way to go, refs.

Who fat boy?

Yabadabado or whatever his name is....

Hey at least this happened now and not during the series. The refs showed us their hand, now we can gameplan them as well.

Did Brad and Nate go take the same course on resting players? Why is Smart and Tatum still out for Boston?

My grandma just texted me to say that we are getting swept.

Nah we’ll win one after Bogey decides to be able to shoot for a game again.

Doesn't matter what kind of strife the Celtics have had this season. 4 more games against us and their locker room will be the biggest love fest in history and cruise straight to the finals.

4 straight years the Pacers have helped shaky locker rooms gain the confidence to go deep in the playoffs. Well, 3 straight but I can see the writing on the wall already here.

I love the Pacers and want them to win. I will support them in the playoffs. But everyone that said we're going to sweep the Celtics...what were you thinking? This series is going to be ugly.

This game was over the second they watched horford elbow Cory in the face and did literally nothing

I know the Celtics are better on paper but damn it we are better than this.

We're playing them next weekend. Take this next week and game plan and then absolutely destroy Boston and make all their players wish they have never awoke the beast

We can blame the refs all we want in the first half, but we came out for the second have with zero energy and passion to want to win the game.

I mean...I expected a seven game first round exit the minute Vic dropped so it’s just another Pacers season in my book.

We'll be lucky to get to 5 games let alone 7 against Boston.

Well if we play this bad at home then getting home court maybe wasn't that big of a deal

We’re 15-18 w/o Oladipo now I believe. Boston is on another level talent wise than us. I think we go 5 games and get bounced

Anyone who. Ooked at our team, and thought for one millisecond that we could compete with a team like Boston in a playoff series, was just simply in their feelings and not thinking about this from a logical perspective. They legitimately have 5 players more talented than anyone we have. Horford, Brown, Tatum, Hayward and Irving. They just blew us out, at home, in the biggest game of the year, and it was easy for them.

Looks like Gordon Hayward is back.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down