gyso
dboss
tjmakz
kdp59
sinus007
bobheckler
11 posters

Go down

Cavaliers would have interest in trading for Gordon Hayward Empty Cavaliers would have interest in trading for Gordon Hayward

Post by bobheckler Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:13 am

https://247sports.com/nba/boston-celtics/Article/Cleveland-Cavaliers-would-have-interest-in-trading-for-Gordon-Hayward-131296068/?fbclid=IwAR0Eh0WZulyVWNbp5l6U-AECmVf9G2Dh3qSmiA6VXx-PGwXfvhY97sYi0tg

Cavaliers would have interest in trading for Gordon Hayward

ByDJ SIDDIQI
Apr 17, 6:43 PM

Maybe the Cleveland Cavaliers will be buyers in the offseason after all.

After completing the 2018-19 NBA season with the second-worst record in the league, the Cavaliers will obviously continue to focus on rebuilding. With that said, they still do have their eyes set on acquiring a former All-Star talent -- none other than the Boston Celtics' Gordon Hayward.

Via Joe Vardon of the Cleveland Plain Dealer:

"The Cavs would gladly take the polarizing Hayward, who was an All-Star in Utah before his horrific leg injury. He would be the main prize, the exception to Cleveland demanding a draft pick or ascending player on a rookie deal. Hayward is healthy now and will have a full off-season to try to regain his old form, possibly giving the Cavs another piece to accelerate their timeline. Put Hayward, 29, alongside Kevin Love, Collin Sexton and the duo added in Round One and suddenly Cleveland has the look of a playoff team.

Of course, this hypothetical Boston-Cleveland swap would have to be a bigger move because of Hayward’s $32.7 million salary number. A trade would probably involve the expiring contracts of John Henson or Jordan Clarkson."

Given that the Celtics are heading in the direction of either building around a Kyrie Irving/Anthony Davis duo or a Jayson Tatum/Jaylen Brown pairing, trading the 29-year-old Hayward -- who appears out of sorts in the Celtics' rotation -- would make a lot of sense.

Furthermore, Boston would be able to create salary cap space by ridding themselves of Hayward's contract. The small forward is due $32.7 million in 2019-20 and $34.1 million during the 2020-21 season. It's also worth noting that there is a 15 percent trade kicker in Hayward's contract, meaning he would be paid even more if he's traded from Boston.

Hayward averaged 11.5 points and 4.5 rebounds per game on 46.6 percent shooting from the field and 33.3 percent shooting from beyond the arc as he moved to a bench role for the first time since the 2012-13 season.

Again, all of this hinges on what transpires with Davis and where he signs in free agency. But the bottom line is, general manager Danny Ainge would love to shed Hayward's two years and $67 million in order to acquire other assets that can help Boston get to that championship level that has eluded them over the past three seasons.

Trading Hayward's contract to a team that is willing to take him such as the Cavaliers would be one major step in ensuring that they do get to that next level.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Cavaliers would have interest in trading for Gordon Hayward Empty Re: Cavaliers would have interest in trading for Gordon Hayward

Post by sinus007 Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:36 am

Hi,
Will Danny have any interest in getting rid of GH? Making a play for KD, KL or having Cavs as a third team in the trade for AD?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Cavaliers would have interest in trading for Gordon Hayward Empty Re: Cavaliers would have interest in trading for Gordon Hayward

Post by kdp59 Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:51 am

Very Happy

bounce

I love you

never gonna happen........................even I'm not sure I would do a Hayward for Love deal!

and frankly, the Cavs are over the cap also next year so yeah.....they  would have to send  similar  salary's' back to match Haywards $32M and that is Kevin Love.......GULP!!!!

Crying or Very sad

but thanks for the Easter present anyway!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:05 pm

Some team, maybe Boston, will be very interested in acquiring JR Smith. Smith is scheduled to make $15.68m but only $3.8m is guaranteed.
Boston could trade Hayward and a draft pick for Clarkson and Smith, waive Smith and save $14.6m next season and $34.19m the following season when Smith and Clarksons contracts will be over.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:59 pm

Yeah and the Celtics can also tell the Cavs to
F...off
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:51 pm

The Celtics are not trading for cap space, especially not giving up on Hayward.

What a ridiculous premise.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:14 pm

gyso wrote:The Celtics are not trading for cap space, especially not giving up on Hayward.

It's crazy season. GH is starting to ball big time but we have an interest in the tattoo wonder (JR Smith)

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:22 pm

dboss wrote:
gyso wrote:The Celtics are not trading for cap space, especially not giving up on Hayward.

It's crazy season.  GH is starting to ball big time but we have an interest in the tattoo wonder (JR Smith)

I think he was saying Smith could be dumped to lower the teams overall cap hit next year by cutting him. I don't think a trade of Hayward for Clarkson is a good one for the Celtics. Like I said Hayward for Love might make sense in some alternate universe or even to some NBA fans or people, who knows.

the whole story seems made up frankly....and most everyone knows I am not one of Hayward' biggest fans.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:17 pm

Looking at this article, I question if there are any facts involved.

It looks like something someone invented. Assumptions.

And do we all remember what happens when we ass-u-me?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 am

The Cavs would be interested in trading for GH?! Everybody in the league should be interested in GH now that he's returned to pre-injury form! Agree with you , NYCelt. Someone's filling copy space. Noise. Next.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:08 am

DBrown is correct. Now that Hayward has returned to good health every team would like to have him-including the Celtics!

Not sure moving this guy now without getting something really serious in return would be in the Cs best interest.

Not sure that Love and Smith would be enough for just Hayward. Love has been very injury prone and Smith is Smith.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:16 am

wideclyde wrote:DBrown is correct.  Now that Hayward has returned to good health every team would like to have him-including the Celtics!

Not sure moving this guy now without getting something really serious in return would be in the Cs best interest.

Not sure that Love and Smith would be enough for just Hayward. Love has been very injury prone and Smith is Smith.

in all fairness i should point out the article stated i think Clarkson and Smith works salary wise.

I was the one that brought up Love even up for Hayward, ONLY because is matches salary's more or less. As I said, I wasn;t saying I would want to do that deal however.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:50 am

I do not think many teams would be interested in paying Hayward $67m over the next two years.
I do also not think Boston will want to sell low on Hayward.
I expect him to be in Boston next year.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:32 pm

tjmakz wrote:I do not think many teams would be interested in paying Hayward $67m over the next two years.
I do also not think Boston will want to sell low on Hayward.
I expect him to be in Boston next year.

I think we will all pretty much agree with that.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:45 pm

Reads like an article from one of those fan sites. I quit reading them because they always piss me off. Baseball is the worst. Somebody who has never played sports will quote a bunch of obscure stats to prove that Dave Kingman was better than Williams or DiMaggio.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:51 pm

Now that we're finally seeing OG again I ask myself "what player(s) on the Cavaliers would I want more than him?"  The answer I am coming up with is "nobody".  

I like Jordan Clarkson but he's nothing more than a rich man's Gerald Green.  He isn't a playmaker who elevates the other Celtics on the floor with him.  Nance?  I like him too but for Hayward?  That's just plain nuts. Would he start next to Kyrie instead of Smart or Brown? I cannot see that happening.

Cleveland has Houston's first round pick this year, and that's not that good.  They have Utah's first round pick next year, so that's 'meh' too.

Nope.  Nothing to see here folks, move along...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:41 pm

bobheckler wrote:Now that we're finally seeing OG again I ask myself "what player(s) on the Cavaliers would I want more than him?"  The answer I am coming up with is "nobody".  

I like Jordan Clarkson but he's nothing more than a rich man's Gerald Green.  He isn't a playmaker who elevates the other Celtics on the floor with him.  Nance?  I like him too but for Hayward?  That's just plain nuts.  Would he start next to Kyrie instead of Smart or Brown?  I cannot see that happening.

Cleveland has Houston's first round pick this year, and that's not that good.  They have Utah's first round pick next year, so that's 'meh' too.

Nope.  Nothing to see here folks, move along...

bob

maybe if Nance Jr was as good as his dad , there could be a conversation!!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:59 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:Reads like an article from one of those fan sites. I quit reading them because they always piss me off. Baseball is the worst. Somebody who has never played sports will quote a bunch of obscure stats to prove that Dave Kingman was better than Williams or DiMaggio.

Dave Kingman.

There's a name from the past.

He sure could hit 'em long. When he could hit 'em, that is.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:14 pm

Obiously, I think this is a stupid suggestion, Cleveland is a hell hole, Keep JRSmit, he is the worst team player in the league.

I will lose alot of respect for Danny if this ever takes place. This guy gave up a lot to come here and then his world came tumbling down. No one worked harder than Gordon to get back from that horrible injury. I will admit to all, I am so very biased. I love watching Gordon play now that he is healthy. He plays like a true Celtic, sharing the ball, giving it all he has to win. Before this series is over, many will see why it is foolish to even consider this.

Money be damned, He belongs here
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down