Comments From The Other Side - vs Bucks, Away Playoff Game #1

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Bucks, Away Playoff Game #1 Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Bucks, Away Playoff Game #1

Post by bobheckler Wed May 01, 2019 1:31 am

https://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2019/04/comments-from-other-side-bucks-game-1.html

MY NOTE:  My apologies for not posting this sooner, but I'm on the road...

by FLCeltsFan

There's a ton of people on the Celtics Board already making excuses about Giannis gettingg superstar calls and very serious comments that the series is rigged because Giannis is being groomed by the NBA as the next Golden boy...

Imagine thinking professional sports are rigged and then turning around and bragging about all of your city’s championships.

Well boys, here we are. The ****ing Celtics. God do I hate the Celtics.

I mostly hate kyrie for thinking its funny being a d*****e telling kids earth is flat, Morris brother for being a d**k, Marcus smart somehow flopping more than harden, and their fans for being the most ridiculous bunch of winny baby b**ches about everything in spite of all of the Tom Brady winning only 1 sb without cheating or some controversy. But other than that their accent is annoying and not endearing like when Matt damon does it.

Let's blow the Celtics out of this flat earth!

I'm just hoping this isn't like the 80's and we don't have to play 5 v 8. Giannis is going to be getting hacked and flopped on all series.

New pupper is ready for her first Bucks game! (She pooped on a clover this morning to show her distaste for the Smelltics)

If the Celtics fans weren't so irrationally elitist, I wouldn't be so annoyed by their fanbase. I hope we win by 30. I hope the salt from Boston is palatable in the air. That would make me happy.

The Celtics are always so infuriating to play against. Horford always kills us.

Please rip the C’s to shreds, you guys. I desperately need a pick-me-up after what Leonard and Siakam did to my Sixers yesterday.

If the Celtics are starting baynes they are playing right into our strength I thought Stevens was a good coach???

The best chance the Celtics have getting a win today is getting Gianni into foul trouble I’d much rather have him help defense on Hayward or Morris, but we’ll see. He’s better at it, although Horford is as crafty as they come.

Still waiting on Australia to apologize for Aron Baynes.

In terms of the long list of things Australia has to answer for, where do you rank Baynes? I've got him somewhere between "wearing vests with no shirt underneath" and "surviving shark attacks and going back out surfing". Also, Midnight Oil.

Celtics are going to come out and try to send a message. It would be nice if Lopez/Mirotic/Ersan can manage Horford and stop him from destroying us on the pick and pop.

Bud knowing Horford's game should help.

Al horford More like al bore-ford. Amirite?? Anyone? Is this thing on?

I want them dead. Dead, dead, dead.

This series will be telling in demonstrating how far we are from title contention. The Celtics have had their issues this year, but they're talented and well-coached and playing well right now. If we blow them away and win in 5, we'd have to be considered a serious threat to the Warriors and a decided favorite in the ECF.

Hope to hear Anthony Davis chants whenever Tatum or Brown touch the ball.

I think a sweep is in play for both eastern conference series

Ojeleye on Giannis without lots of help is suicidal IMO Only Horford can do that and not for very long

I would like to win by 100

I could see us losing today. I honestly have a bad feeling about this series. Hope I am dead wrong.

Celtics fans all seem to think they're gonna see the same Bledsoe from last year. I got a feeling they are in for an insanely rude awakenin

Taking predictions for man bun (baynes) posters in this series I'm estimating 1.8/game

Does anyone else think the Celtics are terribly overrated?

I'll let you know after this game

They were most of the season, but towards the end, they were legitimately gelling as a team. Their 1st round performance, though, wasn't very good. Hope it continues.

They are absolutely NOT overrated. Championship pedigree. Vet presence. Great coach. No great teams care about the regular season. The Celtics are built for playoff basketball.

I'm nervous Seriously. A lot of people underrate the Celtics. They played us very tight 2 of the 3 matchups. They won’t go quietly into the night.

Hubie always acts biased towards the Celtics

Celtics deserve to automatically lose when they wear these black uniforms

Flat Earther about to get punked.

Am I The only one who has PTSD from Horford still from last playoffs?

Old Al can't beat us this time

Bledsoe gotta away with that one

Announcers on Celtics side already

Boston should of wore green jerseys really make things confusing.

Horford's outside shooting is going to give us fits

Horford is a good defender. Morris is tough.

Middleton is such a Celtics killer I really don’t understand it, but I love it.

The older commentator is annoying

That's Hubie Brown for you He’s not the worst, he actually knows basketball, but he can be hard to listen to

He sounds like a Celtic homer

Weirdly, Hubie was an assitant coach to Larry Costello's 1974 Bucks team that lost in 7 games to the Celtics in the Finals

Celtics love the midrange Its where they thrive. So that’s not surprising.

We've already played 8 players Boston only one sub. It will be interesting to see this developing.

Boston Subbed in Hayward, Baynes, Rozier, and Ojele. Pay a bit more attention. 😉

Happy that Horford got the foul charged

I’m not worried. Boston just played their best quarter of the post season and played their starters heavy minutes compared to ours and we are only down 9

Boston taking advantage of Our very soft defense.

If the Bucks lose today I don’t think they’ll win the series

2nd foul Horford. This is a good development

Oh deer...I’m scared for this series.

Horford has gotten away with a ton of contact down low on Giannis twice now. Using the body to undercut him.

Nice that the announcers are just being blatantly biased for Boston

Oh come on, they've been fine. Hubie was an assistant coach for Milwaukee in the 70's.

Buds already got this Celtics defense figured out. Be ready cause here come the Bucks!!!

Pat on Hayward is a nightmare.

National announcers in sports, to me, typically just are supposed to be as enthusiastic as possible. Thus generally whoever is winning or playing better will be the team they are gushing about.

Hubie Brown is so obnoxious I can’t stand his bias commentary. Even when we make a bucket or get to the line its Gordon Hayward this and Gordon Hayward that

Please enlighten me to the fact that niko is playing minuets in the 1st quarter Of a critical playoff game? Because he ****ing sucks and should never be seeing the floor the rest of the playoffs.

Heyward making Pat Looking silly

Brad "Even "Pete Buttiegieg" Stevens" Stevens needs to learn how a travel works

“Screen” was Irving shoving hill across the floor.

They’ve had a couple illegal screens already. They’ll do it as long as it’s not called.

Our crowd is DEAD

Jaylon brown Bush league bench trash

Hill on Irving isn't good

He's played perfect defense. Kyrie's just hitting ridiculous shots

Those are unguardable shots, nothing he can really do about it

Gonna be a short series if Kyrie is making those.

Kyrie is filthy yikes

Thanks for calling timeout Boston. We really need it.

Since we haven't defended mid-range shots for the entire season, this series is going to be a nightmare.

Refs letting the Celtics foul and reach at will on defense

Theres no single player I hate more than the Morris twins

Idk man, Marcus Smart is pretty unlikable.

Yea but the morris twins seem to think they have never fouled anyone and theyre fake tough guys

I suspect we will go on a run now and then just wreck them starting in the 3rd.

We are being outplayed and outcoached

it’s not like we’re just bricking shots they’re forcing us to take bad shots. they’re really playing well

Brown hand checking Middleton... Wellcome to the 90s

Bucks are on a 15-0 run Hubie talking about how Boston only gave 2 off rebounds lol

Bucks rotation is so much deeper than the Celtics

It showed that quarter. Bucks bench looked much better than the Celtics bench.

Ah fantastic work Bucks! We are going to destroy them in the 2nd half.

I am not sure how Bud will adjust, but he will. The Celtics had to be the first team to try and do something different to change things up. The worse team always has to make adjustments first.

Giannis has a normal game and the Bucks are winning. I’ll take it.

They're also not getting too many calls on drives to the rim so giannis in particular has to stop playing so flustered

Can't expect us to blow them out without Giannis being at his best, the best we can do is keep it close

Celtics playing really good D on Giannis. He gotta adjust to that

I agree. Celtics definitely came to play. We gotta just find our groove on offense

Giannis and Bledsoe are a combined -32 ... Barf.

It’s clear that Boston is not going to let Giannis beat them. Regardless of the outcome today, I expect a completely different look from Bud in game two.

I'd like to see some more Mirotic today. He thrives in the playoffs

Fire bud . This is unacceptable.

This is embarrassing

I love when my superstar is nothing but another body.

I’ve been saying all season, We are dangerous in the second half

In before all Celtics fans coming in to say "OMG LOOK AT THE FREE THROWS!!

I like our chances, if we can wake up a bit. We played badly, let’s be honest. We needed big shooting nights to keep us in it. We only need to be ourselves out there. Play with pace, pass the ball, dunk on Baynes.

Its a shame they seem to only see Milwaukee offensive fouls so far today though.

Y'all discredit the Celtics They have played great so far and we do not look like a 60+ win team.. Toronto looked scary good yesterday as well

They're a good team Nobody doubts that. But Giannis has been very visibly off and we’re only down 2. Celts don’t really have the offensive consistency to pull away and Giannis will adjust to how he’s being defended. Their weakness is only being up 2 when they were way better than us.

Weve seen this before 3rd quarters are always huge for us. They are bringing intensity. Weve just gotta do our thing. 3rd quarter has been when we’ve done it

Giannis continuing his hot garbage play.

WHY ON EARTH Do I have to listen to a guy talking like he’s a Boston announcer on a national TV broadcast.  I now want to win more to make him eat his words than actually winning.

They don't call fouls on Horford in the playoffs One of the reasons I was scared of this matchup

Love the Bucks but... If the Celtics play this way the whole series, the Bucks won’t even win a game. This game hasn’t even been close with the exception of the one run by the Bucks. Horford is VERY good. He is neutralizing Giannis.

Man I really did not expect this, Jeez. You have to hand it to Boston, they’ve played their a** off for this. But we have reverted back to Kidd Bucks, it’s kind of insane. Almost like we stepped on a time machine.

Horford is dominating Giannis Boston is gonna win this series

The Celtics have the bucks number. That's all there is to it.

Can't put ourselves in the position to have to win at the Garden. Brutal.

Need more Mirotic

They're playing like the Celtics are the 1 seed and not them

Celtics apparently are allowed to walk the ball all around the court

Giannis just looks so indecisive out there. His fire doesn't seem to be there like normal

Horford is in Giannis' head. Ugh.

It’s easy to guard Giannis when you foul him three times in one play and it goes uncalled.

We have to adjust on Horford. Can't keep giving him wide open shots.

Bud getting out coached so far. We had a week to prepare and we're falling for the same sh** everyone thought we would.

Good on Giannis for getting aggressive. Great on Horford for actually doing a great job.

It’s time to get very physical with Al

Of all people to let beat us...we’re going to go with Al Horford.

Giannis is being outplayed by Al ****ing Horford

It’s not like Horford is a scrub he’s played well against us before

Everything's going wrong this quarter, and the worst part? Hubie Brown is enjoying every second of it.

Getting absolutely exposed.

I miss the 2nd quarter bucks

Yo... Celtics look like they belong, we don't. Wtf

I couldn’t be happier we’re getting our a** handed to us. Sometimes it takes getting embarrassed to light a fire. This is called the Detroit hangover, and the only cure at this point is to get an embarrassing L to kick off the series.

We will be fine. Celtics are good, well coached etc. Obviously it is a battle but we will bounce back

You don't want to be down in this series and have to win multiple games in Boston.

**** Celtics fans. Boston sports fans are the ****ing worst.

I guess Must be boring knowing Kyrie is leaving and Tatum was a one season wonder

If this is the team we think we are they come back to win this game. Period.

This is a team we can beat in 7 regardless of who has home court. Too early for panic mode. Just a terrible shooting performance so far.

Officiating has gotten pretty horsesh** here Its strange to allow defenders to get away with contact and not allow it to the offensivse player but nothing we can do about that.

Bout to get run out of our own building like some chumps

Unlike you None of the Bucks have given up. Go root for another team. It’s the third quarter.

B.Stevens is seriously out coaching Bud.

Horford is as big and likely stronger than GA and he is physical (not fake physical like Blake Griffin). This isn’t going to be a cakewalk for him.

So, new topic How will the Bucks make adjustments when they come to Boston down 0-2?

To get Bucks in 6, the team needs to lose a couple games

The Bucks ****Ed up by not coming out with the same intensity they did for Detroit...of all teams. The way that they came out allowed Celtics to believe they are the better team out there in their home court.

TATUM MORE LIKE TAINT YUM     BRAD STEVENS MORE LIKE BAD STEVENS

Boston has come out with a good game plan and we can’t seem to get anything going. We will watch film, and learn from this I guarantee it.

This is be a dogfight 7 game series, even if Bucks win they're gonna face a rested Raptors team in the ECF. I was not expecting this.

Making Brad Stevens look like ****ing Albert Einstein

Boston is running a clinic on how to perfectly run an offense against this D.

If your're surprised Your're fooling yourself.. Everytime I posted about this being a bad matchup I was laughed at and pointed to the season stats.. This team plays too soft and lacks the grit to beat a team like Boston playing this way. I don't know what Giannis is doing today. Maybe saving it for game 2

Someone please tell the Bucks That Round 1 is over…

I’m back to not trusting the Bucks They can’t beat Boston at Boston in the playoffs They are gonna flame out

The ref are really bad

Boston figured out how to make Giannis a non-factor He’s gonna struggle all series

Refs let the Celtics play football every postseason I truly hate the Celtics for benefitting from it.

The Bucks can’t beat Boston

It’s over And I don’t mean just this game

This game was meant to improve my hangover Now I'm hungover, depressed and anxious and watching my bucks pi**ing away home court

Giannis is getting shut down by every Celtic player guarding him lmao. Coach bud didn't have his team ready for the Celtics.

Giannis has made 3 shots. A 3 pointer they gave him and 2 wide open dunks. That’s absolutely horrid.

Horford has destroyed his confidence. No idea how this happened, but you have to give him credit.

Ruh roh we rusty

They were off even longer than the Bucks were. it's not rust, they're just completely outplaying us

That's playoff rust against a team with playoff rust experience.

Just completely outmatched today.

The thing that pains me is that Boston fans will be waving the "underdog" flag for the next 2 days like they've been through sooooooo much. **** em.

Dude, they came in to the one seed house and punched them (so far). They earn the right to say whatever the he** they want. Bucks getting clowned.

We are an embarrassment

May have dug too big of a hole at this point. Boston's D is too tough to give up another run.

Bledsoe and Giannis are competing to see who is worse today apparently

Giannis is crushing that battle though

I still think we are gonna win

Overrated Celtics blowing us out

Boston is a sh**hole. NY is a better city by every measure. The Pats cheat. The Red Sox suck. Celtics are overrated. Kyrie is a flat earther, The Bruins are the Canadians b**ch. Tom is Eli's b**ch.

Celtics aren't doing anything really remarkable other than making the smart bball play. Other than Kyrie being a bb savant, no Celtics player seems athletically dominant or anything, just super sound fundamentals

Gotta give credit to Celtics. They killed it on defense. But at the same time Bucks didn't come ready to play today. Cant take games off in the playoffs.

Gotta say, this one's SQUARELY on Bud Really shi**y to see considering his history w/ Atlanta

Even if we beat Boston Toronto is going to kill us This team isn’t built for the playoffs

I’ve never seen this Bucks team look more hopeless. Celtics punched them in the mouth and they have no idea how to recover

Magic fan here. Can’t stand the Celtics. Please Milwaukee beat them.

Our defense is literally built for the Celtics to exploit.

The Celtics are looking like that 67 win team Simmons predicted. That was my biggest fear of this series. If they turn everything on, it's going to be super difficult to win this series.

I just can't understand the complete lack of fire, urgency, and effort today. They played like this was the second day of a back to back in September. I just don't get it. Boston is good, I could see us losing, but not like this

Boston gameplaned us on offense and defense. Idk what the answer is either if Giannis gets this dominated by a center who isn't supposed to be the most dangerous player on that team we need to worry about.

Just getting out coached and out worked today. Simple as that. Inexperience is showing

I’m pouring shots of bleach. Who wants one?

I just finished off a bag of Tide Pods, I could use something to wash them down

Giannis is kind of being exposed. If it can't just bulldoze over you and dunk his skills are limited.

Just shows that Giannis is not at that elite level yet. He is a great player but he is AWOL today. You wouldn’t see that from past greats like Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc...

The Celtics are to the Bucks as the Cardinals are to the Brewers. A ****ing frustrating opponent who seems to always kill our great seasons.

We didn't show Boston respect and they made us pay

Celtics brought their A game today. Bucks were a step slow all day.

It is just game one of a best of 7 series R-E-L-A-X

The Bucks are the more talented team, Brad Stevens is just a master of schemes and knowing how to stop Giannis. It happens. We beat the Raptors in Game 1 pretty bad if I recall a few years ago.

Boston is into garbage minutes With 5’ on the clock. What a lousy game.

Celtics are getting a chance to test their deep bench on the Bucks. This is going to be a shorter series than I expected. Did the Celtics just solve the Greek freak?

This is the thing that's been concerning about this team I still think this team is more talented than Boston, but they’re more experienced in the playoffs and have so far been mentally tougher.

I don’t think we are more talented

The refs allowed a physical game Called it both ways the same, but it hurt the Bucks this time We got out played, out coached and out hustled

Boston is absolutely winning this series in 5 maybe 6 Bucks suck

Not saying the Celtics Are going to win the series, but I warned you guys about being so cocky. You talk all this trash, but remember what happened last year. Maybe show some respect next time.

Eric Bledsoe is a massive disappointment Boston owns him – he’s a liability against Boston Bud should start Hill over him

Losing this games makes the 60 win season pointless Now that we don’t have home court anymore

We’ll be okay if we can go to Boston tied. We clearly miss Brogden and it’s hard to imagine he comes back anywhere near where he was at before injury. I don’t think the combo of Hill, Bledsoe, PC and Brown is good enough at guard to win this series much less three more series. We may have peaked in February.

At least Rozier sucks

Looks like the whole Boston team is disrespectful to us.. 🤔

Celtics deserve a blown lead loss.

The Celtics got in Giannis' head with the charges talk

Nah. They are mobbing him

We have to have a better plan than Giannis taking on 4 guys and hoping for a whistle

I despise Boston and all its sports teams. Come on Milwaukee pull this off!

So Giannis can get covered by 4 players and no foul, but Rozier falls down and gets a call?

**** these refs

I’m sorry I hate to blame the refs, but they’re getting some touchy fouls while Giannis has to wear three guys like a shawl when he gets in the paint.

Common Bucks, cheering for you guys from Toronto.

They need to play with this intensity for 48 minutes and just two quarters. We are better than this team

Safe to assume everyone outside of Boston is a Bucks fan today. **** Boston

We only have 8 fouls the whole game, Celtics 18. I'm worried the refs will try to even it out.

If the Celtics actually do win this series and go on to win the finals, at least those dumba**es will trash their own city

And those open threes for Horford are the exact reason everyone said Lopez would get played off the court.

2 ****ing years and we still haven't figured out how to defend that Horford pick and pop.

One of these teams is built for the playoffs...

Hate to say it but Boston's defense has been stifling and they are hitting some really tough shots.

Honestly Boston is hitting open shots. That's what discourages me. Outside of the second half of the second quarter their offense has been in rhythm all game.

Celtics D is suffocating, whether the refs are an issue or not.

They threw their home court advantage away. Now they each have 3 more games at home and the Celtics won away.....

Pretty clear the Bucks aren't ready to compete with this team

Now I can see what Atlanta fans were saying about Bud's Playoff rotations...Big Yikes

Al ****ing Horford. We make him look like Kareem.

This is the worst possible way game 1 could’ve went. You can’t give away a home game like this, this was so frustrating. Come back to take the lead just to blow it all away in the second half.

30 years of rooting for this city's teams, and nothing but embarrassing failure. Boston wins in 6 at the most.

Celtics can do no wrong... I knew this series was gonna be bullsh**. Anything Boston in any sport is always bullsh**!

A game like this is going to be very difficult to recover from. They in the Bucks head

Terrible coaching today. Bud has made many many questionable decisions. And Boston’s playoff experience is showing. They’re shredding us with the same offensive plays over and over.

I just hate having to put ourselves in a must-win situation in Boston. I knew it wouldn't be a sweep, but I thought we could take care of the home floor.

Props to the Celtics for playing a hell of a game today.

This has been happening all year and all of last year unfortunately. Horford just has super games against the Bucks.

Getting out coached and out played.

They're playing great defense.

If that is a foul on Giannis, Baynes and Horford should have fouled out in the ****ing third

Kyrie is so nasty. Everyone loves to credit LBJ for that 20116 championship, but Kyrie was just as important. Dude is one the deadliest players during the playoffs. Imagine if he and KD team up, like what do you do? He showed up gannis today.

Love him or hate him he is the real deal

This is playoff Brad Stevens . Make us play their style, pair that up with them not missing a shot.

If bud doesn't rip the refs after this and eat a fine I'll be a bit worried. No tech tonight either. We didn't play well but you gotta get the refs to make some of those calls for us.

Even if the refs helped the Bucks more, they'd still have lost. This is the worst they've played in a while.

As a fan of neither teams I didn't see any ref favoritism. The worst call was probably the out of bounds on Giannis driving baseline that shouldve been a foul on Baynes. But outside of that that nothing.

Game two decides the series. Show up or go home Bucks

No offense you do realize the bucks have shot 24 FTs to 8 of the Celtics?

Actually if you know about the Celtics that is completely normal. The Celtics are 29th in FTA's. They are not a team that draws a lot of contact. Their bread on butter is on the perimeter.

The Celtics scored more in the paint than the bucks today

Kyrie wasn't even what killed us. He's not doing that well either. Just out coached and more energy from Celtics.

Does Bud not care that he is getting exposed with his trash scheme against the Celtics? Just let them pick and pop all day I guess

The bucks have conceded mid range jumpers all year. The games we’ve lost have been against against teams that could take advantage of that. This is nothing new or revolutionary

I made a sizable bet on the Bucks. Talk me down from The ledge yall

Bucks will lose in 5 even possibly 4 if Giannis doesn't figure out horford. He figured out Embiid but a lot of these bigs never seem to be able to best Al horford.

The good news is that a loss like this one should light a fire under the team. Sometimes an eye opener is needed.

For Al Horford to have the night he did is embarrassing. He got shut down by Tristan Thompson Giannis and Lopez should be able to do the same

Brad Stevens is an average coach who gets heralded as a savior when these games happen. Gross.

Just because you lost it doesn’t mean you have to say stupid sh** Brad Stevens most definitely is not an average coach

They had a WEEK off to get ready. I’m sorry, but if they couldn’t even show up today, why would they on Tuesday?

Because they are rusty. It really can be that simple.

Celtics had the same amount of time off

Boston has been off longer tho

Everyone watching this team knew that Irving and Horford would destroy us with this kind of defense. Bud's stubbornness is infuriating.

I would rather have played anyone this series. Golden State too. Nobody, not even Toronto would shut the Bucks down like this.

Toronto would have shut the Bucks down even harder

Excuse me while I hide away from the world in a dark room w a whiskey bottle listening to the blues.

Kyrie even looks like the type of dude to believe the Earth is flat.

If the Bucks don’t notify the league about that blatant moving screen in the post Boston is using, they need new film guys.

Boston appears to be our playoff kryptonite. Came out unprepared and flat footed today and got rocked.

Eric Bledsoe is not good in the playoffs lol

He is just not today

Or any game against the Celtics

It’s a 7 game series but the Celtics already got what they wanted. You go into a series as the lower seed just wanting to take one of the first two games on the road. Not only did they take a game, they embarrassed us while doing it.

Their defense in the paint today was ****ing insane.

Got out played and out coached this game. Celtics deserve all the credit in the world.

Well that sucked.

Can’t have Bucks in 6 without a few losses

Can’t have Bucks in six with a few losses either.

I’ve never supported euthanasia until an afternoon with Hubie.

You can hear his jowel flopping around when he's talking about Hayword

Starting to rethink my stances on elder abuse

Losing game 1 at home to go 0-1 in the series, we got em right where we want em.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down