Lebron foiled by Kawhi

+2
RosalieTCeltics
steve3344
6 posters

Go down

Lebron foiled by Kawhi Empty Lebron foiled by Kawhi

Post by steve3344 Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:10 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2844428-lebrons-title-odds-shrink-as-the-player-empowerment-movement-he-started-grows?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

"As has been speculated for nearly a year, Leonard wanted L.A. It seems like he just didn't want an L.A. with James, Davis and the Lakers. And ultimately, he pulled off a power play that struck right at the heart of the strategy that James and his agent, Rich Paul, basically invented—and used it at James' expense."

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Lebron foiled by Kawhi Empty Re: Lebron foiled by Kawhi

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:31 pm

It appears he never wanted to play with LeBron. Could LB's strong arm tactics have backfired on him? Davis seems to have been led by the nose by Rich Paul right from the start. Danny Ainge was having no part of being made a fool of by a player and an agent. He already had a sour taste in his mouth from Kyrie, who, if you believe articles, never had any intention of sticking around unless he could convince his other puppet, Durant to follow him to Boston, and that was not going to happen.

Now the mud slinging is starting. Durant is talking and dragging the Warriors through a mudpile with his comments. Can't he just be a man, stick with his decision, and walk away?

What a lousy generation the NBA is living through right now. Both on the part of team owners and star players. UGH
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:35 pm

I can't blame the players for taking charge over their own futures.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:29 pm

k_j_88 wrote:I can't blame the players for taking charge over their own futures.

KJ
No. Can’t blame em at all. But...some kind of controls need to be installed. Can’t have players picking teams like they’re in the schoolyard. This turned out okay but imagine how messed up it would have been if Leonard had went to the Lakers.
Too much control on either end (Players or owners) is not a good thing IMHO
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:36 pm

Ktronic1 wrote:
k_j_88 wrote:I can't blame the players for taking charge over their own futures.

KJ
No. Can’t blame em at all. But...some kind of controls need to be installed. Can’t have players picking teams like they’re in the schoolyard. This turned out okay but imagine how messed up it would have been if Leonard had went to the Lakers.
Too much control on either end (Players or owners) is not a good thing IMHO

I agree 100%. I know guys want to go where they want but I don't know how some teams are every going to be able to win. It looks like its going to be teams from California, Miami, and maybe a place like Brooklyn or New York that will get all the players. How will the Hornets, Bulls, and teams like that ever be able to compete for a championship when all the top players team up and go to a certain few places? Even Boston can't get top tier players to come there. Our only chance is hoping we homegrow someone like Tatum or Brown into a superstar and they decide to stay. Our top recruits have been Horford, Hayward and Walker. Nice players but really are second tier. Last year was the chance for a team without multiple superstars to win and Toronto did it. It could just as easily been Philly. Injuries to the Warriors made this possible. It won't happen again for a while, I don't think.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:19 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:What a lousy generation the NBA is living through right now. Both on the part of team owners and star players. UGH

Completely agree, but unfortunately not just the NBA - all sports have shifted to a gun for hire situation, in which the fans lose.

The NBA will need to figure this out, with some combination of doing away with a so called "max" contract and a hard cap and potentially even a franchise tag. Players chose to leave what is a relatively small amount on the table to play with their friends, but if you current team could pay you 25% more this year and every year, you would see less player movement.

I dont see it happening - as the players are running things and they would never agree to more restrictions without a potential work stoppage etc. But in the long run, the NBA will become a lot less fun to watch -as your hometown team will be nothing but a bunch of paid guns with no loyalty or passion for the city etc. Sad
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down