Predicting NBA superstar moves: KD, Kyrie, AD and Kawhi

5 posters

Go down

Predicting NBA superstar moves: KD, Kyrie, AD and Kawhi Empty Predicting NBA superstar moves: KD, Kyrie, AD and Kawhi

Post by dboss Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:45 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26024501/predicting-nba-superstar-moves-kd-kyrie-ad-kawhi

Interesting that the Knicks with a higher probability to sign Durant
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Predicting NBA superstar moves: KD, Kyrie, AD and Kawhi Empty Re: Predicting NBA superstar moves: KD, Kyrie, AD and Kawhi

Post by dboss Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:50 pm

The so-called forecast panel has no one else of consequence going to the Knicks. Durant is not going to the Knicks by himself.

Actually I do not think he is going to the Knicks. Why leave a good thing to go the Knicks?

Forecast Results
TEAM VOTE (%)
1. New York Knicks 63.9
2. Golden State Warriors 33.3
3. Los Angeles Lakers 2.8
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Predicting NBA superstar moves: KD, Kyrie, AD and Kawhi Empty Re: Predicting NBA superstar moves: KD, Kyrie, AD and Kawhi

Post by swish Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:31 pm

Isn' t it just a guessing game - perhaps with a hint of wishfull thinking?

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:36 pm

dboss wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26024501/predicting-nba-superstar-moves-kd-kyrie-ad-kawhi

This story was from 7 weeks ago.
I bet the opinions will change some over the next 7 weeks, depending on how teams perform in the playoffs.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:50 pm

tjmakz wrote:
dboss wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26024501/predicting-nba-superstar-moves-kd-kyrie-ad-kawhi

I bet the opinions will change some over the next 7 weeks, depending on how teams perform in the playoffs.

TJ - I should probably have asked you this on a different thread, but do you think Magic threw in the towel too early? The coach he wanted gone is gone, and the Lakers are mentioned as a possible destination for every major free agent. Even if they only add one, they still have the money to sign a number of good-but-not-great players. Despite the appearance of a dumpster fire, they could turn it around quickly with the right moves, and Magic could have waited it out to bask in some of the credit. Is it possible that Jeannie asked him to step down, but allowed him to give that impromptu press conference/performance to allow him to save face?

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:20 pm

Rock

I know TJ will answer your questions and I think they are excellent.

I have a few comments to share.

Yes I think he threw in the towel too soon and it looks like a guy that takes his ball and goes home.

He lacked the discipline and patience required to build a contender.  I mentioned before that he did two really good things.  He cleared out cap space that he inherited from the previous brain trust and he signed Lebron James.  That's a win and a win.  He also made a few mistakes along the way in the draft and in trades which have compromised his rebuilding project.  He also neglected to add shooters around Lebron.  How could he have missed that one.

He may have over estimated the 'place to play' value of the Lakers in an NBA environment that has drastically changed.  He has the CAP space to add two allstar quality players.  But finding the right players is easier said than done.  Potentially if they are successful in FA they should be back in the mix next year.  What they lack however are draft assets to build around the edges.  

The Celtics are a rare example of rebuilding and winning along the way.  The Lakers have not been to the playoffs in 6 years.  That is a long draft for them.

I heard Ty Lue will be the new coach.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:53 pm

dboss wrote:Rock

Yes I think he threw in the towel too soon and it looks like a guy that takes his ball and goes home.

He lacked the discipline and patience required to build a contender.  I mentioned before that he did two really good things.  He cleared out cap space that he inherited from the previous brain trust and he signed Lebron James.  That's a win and a win.  He also made a few mistakes along the way in the draft and in trades which have compromised his rebuilding project.  He also neglected to add shooters around Lebron.  How could he have missed that one.

He may have over estimated the 'place to play' value of the Lakers in an NBA environment that has drastically changed.  He has the CAP space to add two allstar quality players.  But finding the right players is easier said than done.  Potentially if they are successful in FA they should be back in the mix next year.  What they lack however are draft assets to build around the edges.  

The Celtics are a rare example of rebuilding and winning along the way.  The Lakers have not been to the playoffs in 6 years.  That is a long draft for them.

I agree, signing Lebron and clearing space was huge. Related to how you equated Magic's behavior to a kid who "takes his ball and goes home", I think Magic really needs to be liked. The criticism was killing him. I feel like Danny, though always polite, could give a rat's ass about what fans and media think.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:55 pm

Rock that is totally my perception of Danny too. Other than the Perk trade and drafting KO, Danny has been fearless and his moves have been great!!! If GH doesn’t go down 5 minutes into last season and Kyrie doesn’t get hurt last year, we had such a great chance to win it all last year.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:27 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:

TJ - I should probably have asked you this on a different thread, but do you think Magic threw in the towel too early? The coach he wanted gone is gone, and the Lakers are mentioned as a possible destination for every major free agent. Even if they only add one, they still have the money to sign a number of good-but-not-great players. Despite the appearance of a dumpster fire, they could turn it around quickly with the right moves, and Magic could have waited it out to bask in some of the credit. Is it possible that Jeannie asked him to step down, but allowed him to give that impromptu press conference/performance to allow him to save face?

I don’t think Magic threw in the towel too early.
This type of job is not for Magic.
If you listened to Magic’s resignation press conference, he seemed so relieved at the end of the press conference compared to the beginning.
Magic wants to be an ambassador of the sport.
He wants to talk to everyone and have no boundaries.
Magic has a lot of other interests that take up his time.
It seems like he was doing the Lakers gig only part time.
Magic is a big picture guy. Not one who is going to breakdown hours and hours of videos of college players or put the time in to become an expert at what he does.

It very well could be that Jeannie gave him a chance to resign.
The morning of Magic’s resignation, The Athletic came out with a very unflattering article about Magic and how he was often not present and rarely seen at Lakers offices.
I think Jeannie knew Magic was resigning. But who knows, I could be wrong.
Magic, Luke and his coaches and the head trainer are all gone.
It was a terrible year. Embarrassing. Losing at the buzzer in game 82 was the cherry on top of a year to forget.
Maybe the Lakers will get some lottery luck.
Maybe they will convince Kawhi or Kyrie or Kemba or Butler to sign with them.
Or maybe not...
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:41 pm

dboss wrote:Rock

So many people say that the Lakers didn’t sign shooters to play with LeBron but nobody ever names who those shooters were. Wayne Ellington?
The Lakers wanted playmakers around LeBron so he could play off the ball more. They had playmakers. Unfortunately injuries and poor shooting derailed their season. FT and 3 PT shooting were a huge weakness for the Lakers.
The Lakers were 20-14 when LeBron went down on Christmas Day.
The Lakers were 15-8 in the 23 games in which LeBron, Lonzo, Kuzma and Ingram all played.
When those 4 were on the floor, they gave up under 1 point per possession.

I think I would be happy with Ty Lue as coach and I think LeBron would back that hire.

I was often frustrated with Luke this year. The Lakers seemed so undisciplined compared to the top teams in the league. It seemed like the Lakers didn’t know how they wanted to play on both offense and defense.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down