NBA rumors: Celtics to sign Javonte Green to partially guaranteed contract

3 posters

Go down

NBA rumors: Celtics to sign Javonte Green to partially guaranteed contract Empty NBA rumors: Celtics to sign Javonte Green to partially guaranteed contract

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:08 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-rumors-celtics-sign-javonte-204955358.html

NBA rumors: Celtics to sign Javonte Green to partially guaranteed contract

Nick Goss, NBC Sports Boston

17 hours ago

The Boston Celtics are not yet finished filling out their roster.

ESPN's Tim Bontemps reported Thursday that the Celtics are going to sign Javonte Green to a partially guaranteed contract.

Tim Bontemps
✔
@TimBontemps
The Celtics will be signing Javonte Green to a partially guaranteed deal, league sources told ESPN. Green played well for Boston's summer league team, averaging 10.8 points and shooting 50 percent from the field in 5 games. He'll get a shot at earning Boston's final roster spot.

1:22 PM - Jul 18, 2019

Green is listed at 6-foot-4 and 205 pounds. The 26-year-old forward played four seasons for Big South conference team Radford from 2011-12 through 2014-15 and averaged 14.4 points over his career. He has spent time playing professionally in Europe after college, and as noted in the tweet above, he impressed during Boston's NBA Summer League tournament run in Las Vegas earlier this month.

One thing we learned about Green in Las Vegas is that he has some serious athleticism.

Celtics on NBC Sports Boston
✔
@NBCSCeltics
Javonte Green can FLY ✈

https://twitter.com/NBCSCeltics/status/1148756281227972610
5:50 PM - Jul 9, 2019

Celtics fans are hoping 7-foot-6 center Tacko Fall is the next Summer League standout to sign a contract with the team. Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge told 98.5 The Sports Hub's "Toucher and Rich" show Thursday morning that the team is "trying to still get a contract done" with Fall.

bob
MY NOTE:  Another "camp body".  Barring some jaw-dropping trade (e.g. bye-bye Jaylen) Green has no chance to make the team.  Give him a few bucks to stick around, make him feel good, and then cut him before the pre-season ends.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA rumors: Celtics to sign Javonte Green to partially guaranteed contract Empty Re: NBA rumors: Celtics to sign Javonte Green to partially guaranteed contract

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:44 am

Adam Himmelsbach: Javonte Green is planning to sign a 2-year deal with the Celtics, with a partial guarantee in year 1 and non-guaranteed year 2, per source. I’ve been told by multiple sources that the Cs plan to have several players, likely partial & two-way contract guys, vie for the last spot. 18 hours ago – via Twitter AdamHimmelsbach

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA rumors: Celtics to sign Javonte Green to partially guaranteed contract Empty Re: NBA rumors: Celtics to sign Javonte Green to partially guaranteed contract

Post by worcester Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:55 am

Green makes no sense to me in this C's lineup. Danny, you might as well give me the money instead for all the good it will do the team. I can at least apply Tiger Balm and bandages to the wounded.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:06 pm

Green (and others like him) get these contracts so that, after training camp, they get released from the NBA team and can sign directly with the team's G-League affiliate. This process allows these players to bypass the G-League draft. I think there is a limit as to how many players are allowed to be added to the G-League team in this manner.

Perhaps Green is tired of playing in Europe and wants to try to get in the NBA. The G-League pays less than other foreign leagues, but the chance to get noticed makes the leap to the NBA easier for many reasons.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down