NBA rumors: 7' 7" > Tacko Fall to sign Exhibit 10 contract with Celtics, play in summer league

+6
worcester
dboss
atcross
wideclyde
KyleCleric
NYCelt
10 posters

Go down

NBA rumors: 7' 7" > Tacko Fall to sign Exhibit 10 contract with Celtics, play in summer league  Empty NBA rumors: 7' 7" > Tacko Fall to sign Exhibit 10 contract with Celtics, play in summer league

Post by 112288 Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:53 pm

NBA rumors: 7' 7" > Tacko Fall to sign Exhibit 10 contract with Celtics, play in summer league  Tackofall1561155920839_7000k_1920x1080_1555380803604

CHECK OUT THE HIGHLIGHT VIDEO - HE IS GOOD.  TALK ABOUT A SKY HOOK!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=YOU+TUBE+Tacko+Fall&view=detail&mid=254C13D034831574F6C5254C13D034831574F6C5&FORM=VIRE

NBA rumors: Tacko Fall to sign Exhibit 10 contract with Celtics, play in summer league

NBC SPORTS BOSTON  By Nick Goss     June 21, 2019 4:25 PM  

The Boston Celtics summer league team is going to be must-watch for basketball fans.
The C's could have three of their 2019 NBA Draft picks -- first-rounders Romeo Langford and Grant Williams, as well as second-rounder Carsen Edwards -- participate in Las Vegas, but the most intriguing player on Boston's roster might be Tacko Fall.
ESPN's Jonathan Givony reported Friday the undrafted free agent will sign an Exhibit 10 contract with the Celtics.
The 7-foot-7, 310-pound center played four seasons for the University of Central Florida. He averaged 11.1 points, 7.6 rebounds and 2.6 blocks per game for the Knights during the 2018-19 campaign. C's fans might remember Fall from the 2019 NCAA Tournament, when his UCF squad nearly upset Zion Williamson and Duke in the second round.

You can't teach 7-foot-7, which is what Fall measured in shoes at the NBA Combine. Other measurements include combine records for standing reach (10 feet, 2.5 inches) and wingspan (8 feet, 2.25 inches).
The 23-year-old from Dakar, Senegal, blocked 280 career shots at UCF to set a school record, and he was nearly unstoppable when he got the ball in good position on offense as he shot 74.0 percent from the field to set an NCAA Division I career record. He averaged 7.7 rebounds in his four-year career.

The guy with size 22 shoes gained his biggest fame when the Knights played Duke in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Against the No. 1 team in the country and superstar forward Zion Williamson, Fall posted 15 points, six rebounds and three blocks in a one-point loss - one round after having 13 points, 18 boards and five blocks to beat VCU.
Somewhere between starstruck and overwhelmed at the NBA Draft Scouting Combine, Fall is likely to get a look because of his height, but the debate in front offices around the league will be whether his ceiling was already met at UCF.

Analysis

PROJECTION: Second round/undrafted

Elhadji Tacko Sereigne Diop Fall came to the United States when he was 16 and has his best basketball ahead of him. The height speaks for itself, but Fall, at nearly 290 pounds, is more than a curiosity. Opposing college coaches came away impressed with how well he moved at his giant size, and that running-the-court ability is a vital skill in a wide-open NBA style.
Fall has only helped himself since the end of the college season, able to show his surprising agility at the NBA Combine after he was one of the 11 players to advance to that scouting event from the G League Elite Camp.
He wasn't considered NBA ready before his senior season - and perhaps even before the NCAA Tournament - but the upside will be hard to pass up in the draft. At worst, he has a role as an elite rim protector; growth as an offensive player and free throw shooter - a brutal 36.0 percent (59 of 163) last season - will be gravy.

The Celtics will open summer league action July 6 against the Philadelphia 76ers.

Chris Forsberg  ✔  @ChrisForsberg_

Celtics open play at Vegas Summer League vs. the Sixers. Matisse Thybulle revenge game!?

Vegas schedule (times Eastern):

July 6 vs. Sixers, 5:30
July 8 vs. Cavaliers, 7:30
July 9 vs. Nuggets, 8
July 11 vs. Grizzlies, 10:30

4:09 PM - Jun 21, 2019

Last edited by 112288 on Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:24 pm; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

NBA rumors: 7' 7" > Tacko Fall to sign Exhibit 10 contract with Celtics, play in summer league  Empty Re: NBA rumors: 7' 7" > Tacko Fall to sign Exhibit 10 contract with Celtics, play in summer league

Post by NYCelt Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:57 pm

Long shot to stick, but what if he does?

Taco Tuesday with Tacko at Boston area Taco Bell stores.

Could be a marketing windfall for New England Taco Bell franchise operators.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

NBA rumors: 7' 7" > Tacko Fall to sign Exhibit 10 contract with Celtics, play in summer league  Empty Re: NBA rumors: 7' 7" > Tacko Fall to sign Exhibit 10 contract with Celtics, play in summer league

Post by 112288 Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:03 pm

NY check the video I added.  This guy is will coordinated and good!

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:04 pm

He was terrific in that tournament game against Duke. Zion had a tough time with him out there.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:06 pm

Big yes. An NBA player, most likely not.

Watch a few UCF games besides the tourney and highlights.

Nice kid, hope he sticks. Probably not, though. Went undrafted for a reason.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:01 am

The last roster spot or two on an NBA team are always filled by developmental/hopeful guys who rarely stay in the league very long.  So, if "long" is a key word, there should be no reason not to take a long look at the longest player available.  It is notlike the Cs already have 3 high level big men on their roster.

After watching some of the videos provided by  112288, I see a guy who: has not been especially well coached to this point with his team fully relying on his overwhelming size, will not get blown out of position as he is not a string bean body,  he seems to be able to run the floor, he wants to score, he does not try to do things much beyond his range, he catches balls pretty well, has a little 'flip' to his shot, needs to get stronger (especially his hands), hard to determine what his conditioning levels are, needs to refine some post moves and make his hook shot a dominant weapon, work on his foot quickness, needs to use his lower body better to control bigger opponents that will be in the NBA, may or may not be able to shoot free throws (no attempts seen on the videos), speaks English well so teachings will not be slowed by a "second" language issues.  

Even if he is willing to work at his game, he may not be completely ready for NBA play yet.  But, I'd automatically give him Yabusele's roster spot and take the chance that he could help in Boston within the next two years.  He even brings $3M additional cap relief if he replaces Yabusele.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:40 am

Ditto wideclyde. TJ has seen him often and does not think he'll ever be an NBA player, but I disagree. I think Tacko will stick and contribute, maybe even by next year if he gets to play D league for a season. My son is the sponsor for the RedClaws and goes to all the games. He'll give me ongoing reports as Portland's season progresses.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:05 am

Worcester,

It may be helpful during next season to give the board via your son's input updates on the Red Claws from a player evaluation standpoint.  It would be insightful for everyone.

Just a suggestion.

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:15 am

What's that thing you can't teach? Manute Bol made it in the NBA partly because he could fill seats. If he can play at all, and it looks like he can probably get better with coaching, Fall might find a home. Guys his height rarely have the bulk to back it up. Bol was a twig. With a real strength and conditioning program this kid could be something of an immovable object in the paint.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:30 am

And to think I was mad at Danny.  Well he certainly has taken the sting out of us losing both our Starting and Backup centers. An added bonus is not having to go to the freak show.  Now I can stream it on TV while I'm watching the Celtics.  It's a twofor.

Hopefully Danny will not get arrested.

When were freak shows banned?
According to one source they were banned in 1980. The thought at the time was that freak shows were exploitive, and any show, or any traveling show that had “freaks” on display was setting the “freaks” up for ridicule.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:22 pm

112288 - Once I get feedback from my son I will certainly pass it along to the board. I am really hoping Danny has found a diamond in the rough with Tacko Fall.

Dboss, I know you have good judgment when it comes to drafts, but Danny may have already figured out a way to fill our needs at Center and PF via free agency. If so, his picks may make more sense. If not, damn!
I do wish we'd drafted the French player who went at 15 instead of Romeo at 14, but time will tell.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:42 pm

worcester wrote:112288 - Once I get feedback from my son I will certainly pass it along to the board. I am really hoping Danny has found a diamond in the rough with Tacko Fall.

Dboss, I know you have good judgment when it comes to drafts, but Danny may have already figured out a way to fill our needs at Center and PF via free agency. If so, his picks may make more sense. If not, damn!
I do wish we'd drafted the French player who went at 15 instead of Romeo at 14, but time will tell.

Ya, I would have picked up that kid and stashed him in the Euro league for another year.

18 years old and 6'9" by the time he is 21 he may be 6'11" or 7' feet!   Beyond me why Danny selected the other kid.

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:06 pm

wideclyde wrote:The last roster spot or two on an NBA team are always filled by developmental/hopeful guys who rarely stay in the league very long.  So, if "long" is a key word, there should be no reason not to take a long look at the longest player available.  It is notlike the Cs already have 3 high level big men on their roster.

After watching some of the videos provided by  112288, I see a guy who: has not been especially well coached to this point with his team fully relying on his overwhelming size, will not get blown out of position as he is not a string bean body,  he seems to be able to run the floor, he wants to score, he does not try to do things much beyond his range, he catches balls pretty well, has a little 'flip' to his shot, needs to get stronger (especially his hands), hard to determine what his conditioning levels are, needs to refine some post moves and make his hook shot a dominant weapon, work on his foot quickness, needs to use his lower body better to control bigger opponents that will be in the NBA, may or may not be able to shoot free throws (no attempts seen on the videos), speaks English well so teachings will not be slowed by a "second" language issues.  

Even if he is willing to work at his game, he may not be completely ready for NBA play yet.  But, I'd automatically give him Yabusele's roster spot and take the chance that he could help in Boston within the next two years.  He even brings $3M additional cap relief if he replaces Yabusele.

we'd have to find a sucker to take on Yabusele's guaranteed deal to get any cap relief. we CAN just cut him, we still have his salary on the books then.

I hope Fall shows enough to get at least a two way contract here next year. He can spend the year in the G league and we can see if he deserves a roster spot in 2020 that way.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:14 pm

I should have mentioned this in my first post in this thread, but when does this guy plan on starting his Cs career with our coaches? The more he improves now the better he will be much sooner.

He needs to find a place right across the street from the practice facility like Williams did last summer, wear out some balls and sneakers and begin his pro career in the weight room with the strength coaches and on the court with the hoops coaches ASAP.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:24 pm

Worcester

Danny will have some cap space to either get a real good center like Vuc or split the money on two players like Dedmon and a PG or a PF.  

But my thoughts were centered around a combination of using the draft and free agency to address the holes in your starting lineup.

To come away with a 6.75 PF is inexcusable.  We already know that Boston has not been able to compete with an undersized and athletically challenged front line.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:50 pm

Dboss, I have never been able to figure Danny out at draft time, but he manages to do ok in the end when it comes to PG, SG, and SF. PF and C - nah. As for addressing our needs in this draft, he is either crazy or crazy like a fox.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:41 pm

worcester wrote:Dboss, I have never been able to figure Danny out at draft time, but he manages to do ok in the end when it comes to PG, SG, and SF. PF and C - nah. As for addressing our needs in this draft, he is either crazy or crazy like a fox.

I truly believe that Danny Ainge is not a good evaluator when it comes to big men.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:30 pm

Dboss, you don't have to be the best evaluator of talent to know that Danny has a blind spot when it comes to bigs.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:12 am

dboss wrote:
worcester wrote:Dboss, I have never been able to figure Danny out at draft time, but he manages to do ok in the end when it comes to PG, SG, and SF. PF and C - nah. As for addressing our needs in this draft, he is either crazy or crazy like a fox.

I truly believe that Danny Ainge is not a good evaluator when it comes to big men.
Right so if Danny wasn’t so sure that the bigs that were there at 14, 20, 22 could help us, look how long it took Cauley-Stein to get to his level and he’s very athletic. Robert Williams has great attributes, but how long will it take for him to be an effective rotation piece, and I like him and like that he will be forced to get minutes this year. If he felt these players taken could help us more, I want to see how they look on the floor and we have other ways to acquire a big without the draft. A player I find intriguing is Grant Williams, has a lot of diversified offensive skills, I didn’t want another 6’8” undersized PF with limited offensive skills, must be a reason Williams was 2 time SEC Player of the Year. I’m thinking he can do some dirty work and may have good enough multi offensive skills to help us and 3 year college players can help right away in a lot of situations.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:38 am

True Cow. Three year college players are polished and capable of stepping right into NBA roles.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:59 am

worcester wrote:True Cow. Three year college players are polished and capable of stepping right into NBA roles.
Exactly

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:15 pm

Grant has some of the same attributes as Draymond Green.

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/draymond-green

23 - Draymond GreenMichigan St.

Birthday: 3/4/90
NBA Position: SF/PF
Class: Senior
Ht: 6-7
Wt: 236
Hometown: Saginaw, MI
High School: Saginaw
Team Site Profile
Statistics

Overall

2012 Mock: 35 Big Board: 34 Pos Rank - SF: 7
NBA Comparison: Luke Harangody/Jared Dudley
Strengths: The ultimate "Glue Guy", Green's strongest asset is his ability to contribute across the board ... He has a substantial wingspan with a strong frame, and is unafraid to bang with bigger bodies ... Good-looking shooter when his feet are set and he catches/releases in rhythm ... Can stretch the floor with NBA 3-point range ... His vision, passing and ability to facilitate out of the post make it difficult for off-ball defenders to keep their eyes on their man and the ball at the same time ... Reliable mid-range jumper ... Green is slippery with his back to the basket, with the ability to spin baseline or turn across the lane for the finish ... Terrific rebounder thanks to the combination of an aggressive motor and soft hands ... Unselfish and timely passer ... Overachiever. High basketball IQ ... Makes those around him better, possesses sense of maturity and leadership qualities ...

Weaknesses: One of those great college basketball players that doesn't excel in any one particular area ... Tweener, undersized for a physical forward yet lacks the athleticism of a wing ... Lacks explosiveness, agility, elusiveness and quickness off the bounce ... Under the rim finisher, which is troublesome when you consider his size ... Not a threat to shake his defender off the dribble ... Minimal upside ... Vulnerable defending quicker guards on the perimeter ... Could stand to drop some weight ...

Overall: The Big-Ten Player of the Year, Green has a number of likeable qualities, but not one specific skill that a team may be seeking ... He's a low-risk/low-reward pick considering his role-player potential and ability to fit in ... His ceiling dances around the mid-20s, where a playoff can use him right away to compliment its better players ...

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/grant-williams

NBA Comparison: Mike Scott
Strengths: Solid finisher around the basket … Quality low-post scorer … Capable shooter … Great competitor with feel for the game ... Above-average facilitator/playmaker, especially from the post where he has great vision and makes the correct pass out of double-teams … Versatile defender where he can guard the post, but is also capable to switch onto a wing … 6'11 wingspan which allows him to out-rebound taller/more athletic players down low … Great mid-range and free throw shooter, has improved each year from the line. Also, capable of knocking down shots from beyond the arc (32.6%) … Capable shot blocker, averaged 1.3+ BPG during his three years at Tennessee … Very strong which allows him to finish through contact and carve out space in the paint … Where Williams lacks in athleticism and height, he makes up for it with strength, play-making ability, and motor … High motor, constantly hustles and demonstrates leadership on the court … High basketball IQ which leads to his above-average playmaking ability … Played with talented players during his tenure at Tennessee (Player: Admiral Schofield), (Player: Jordan Bone), and is capable in terms of sharing the basketball and the spotlight … Was the centerpiece during his time at Tennessee while winning back-to-back SEC Player of the Year Awards and was always a leader and set the example … Key to his game is versatility where he continues to show improvement in each area

Weaknesses: Williams is an undersized forward at 6’7 which is small for a player who lacks in athleticism and makes most of his impact in the post … Not an explosive athlete, plays below the rim … Foul prone, fouled out of 4 games including two matchups against top talent in the country in Gonzaga and Kansas … Williams struggles to stay in front of quicker guards due to his lack of athleticism and height … While capable of hitting from beyond the arc, Williams digressed from his freshman year to junior year. Very capable from mid-range and the free throw line, but needs to continually improve from three if he plans to find a role as a small-ball four in the NBA … Hesitant to utilize jumper, typically makes impact in the post or opts to pass on open shot to get the ball into the block … Williams may struggle to create off the dribble considering we saw most of his offensive skill set in the post or catch-and-shoot opportunities on the perimeter.

Outlook: Williams is considered to be a late first-round to early second-round pick by most scouts ... If Williams can prove at workouts/the combine that he can take players off the dribble and that his jump-shot is fluid enough, he should be able to sneak into the first round. Williams plays like a small-ball four and has similarities to PJ Tucker or Mike Scott, but he needs to improve defensively and look more fluid on the perimeter whether it be off the dribble or shooting to reach the level of those comparisons.

Notes: Williams had an insanely decorated college career where he won 2-SEC Player of the Year awards, and this past season made First Team All-American ... Went 23-23 from the line against Vanderbilt which was second all-time in FTM/FTA. Williams ranked top-6 in scoring, field-goal percentage, free-throw percentage, and rebounding in the SEC (2019) ... Led the Vols to their first No.1 ranking since 2008. Williams is a bright kid as he chose the Vols over Ivy League schools such as Harvard and Yale ...

IF Grant can be anywhere close to Draymond, we'll have am NBA starter in two years.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:24 am

Chris Grenham @chrisgrenham
yesterday
Celtics currently have nine players on their Summer League roster. They'll add 3-4 more over the next few weeks. Robert Williams, Romeo Langford (pending thumb injury), Grant Williams, Carsen Edwards, Tremont Waters, Tacko Fall, Max Strus, Aaron Harrison and Kendrick Ray.

reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:23 am

The problem with the Celtics since the departure of Perkins and KG is height.  We have become a small team and we get killed on rebounding when it counts.  Take a look at our competition in particular - Milwaukee, Philly and Toronto - BIG. 

Why we draft undersized players is beyond me. We need to get back to traditional basketball which starts with position height at the power forward and center position and stop this small ball BS.

One exception was Cowans...............but he was a freak as an athlete.  I do not see freaks on the Celtics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down