Why Jalen Rose is a believer in 2019-20 Celtics squad

4 posters

Go down

Why Jalen Rose is a believer in 2019-20 Celtics squad Empty Why Jalen Rose is a believer in 2019-20 Celtics squad

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:54 am

https://chowderandchampions.com/2019/07/26/boston-celtics-jalen-rose-believer-2019-20-celtics/

Boston Celtics: Why Jalen Rose is a believer in 2019-20 Celtics squad

by Tarringo Basile-vaughan

1 day ago

While most NBA experts are writing off the Boston Celtics as Eastern Conference favorites, one former NBA player is not writing them off.

The NBA is in for a surprise when it comes to the Boston Celtics. That is what former NBA star and current ESPN analyst Jalen Rose predicts for the 2019-20 NBA season.

When it comes to depth and talent, the Celtics may be worse after the departures of Kyrie Irving, Al Horford, Marcus Morris, Terry Rozier and Aron Baynes. But, with the additions of Kemba Walker, Enes Kanter and high character draft picks, the team Danny Ainge has restocked with may actually perform better.

While the expectations are for Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown to take the next step and Gordon Hayward to return to All-Star form, the main reason Rose sites for his high expectations of the team is Kemba Walker becoming an even better player in Boston under a bigger spotlight and surrounded by better players.

Check out what Jalen Rose said last week on ESPN’s “Get Up”:

“I think Kemba Walker is now going to introduce himself to the masses as one of the top players in the game at his position. He’s a 20-plus point scorer, he’s led Charlotte to the playoffs, he’s been an All-NBA player. He can get his own shot off the dribble, he can put you on skates as well as anybody in the league, whether it’s making the three-point shot or mid-range shot, he can finish at the hoop. His percentages are going to go up from three and from the field now that he’s playing with better players around him.”

It is hard to disagree with Jalen Rose. There is no doubt that Kemba Walker will thrive playing under Brad Stevens in the same tradition as both Isaiah Thomas and Kyrie Irving. Actually, he may be the perfect combination of both as he will look to get his teammates involved and take over the game offensively only when he needs to.

Add to the fact that he has a passion to win and his overall impact should propel the Boston Celtics to at least be a legitimate threat in the East.

While the Milwaukee Bucks, Philadelphia 76ers and Indiana Pacers are forecasted as the top teams, Rose went on to acknowledge Boston’s group of perimeter players as the best in the conference. For that reason, the Kemba Walker, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart led Celtics squad will surprise people.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Why Jalen Rose is a believer in 2019-20 Celtics squad Empty Re: Why Jalen Rose is a believer in 2019-20 Celtics squad

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:59 pm

I agree with him, expecting big years from 2 J’s, GH, Kemba and Smart. At wing and point we are stocked. We should be a better rebounding team, I really don’t think Kantor’s defense is as bad as some pundits say, if RW can do some Rodman like things and G Will and Poirer are what we think they are, we can be really really good.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Why Jalen Rose is a believer in 2019-20 Celtics squad Empty Re: Why Jalen Rose is a believer in 2019-20 Celtics squad

Post by worcester Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:40 pm

I want to take this chance to acknowledge Marcus Smart for being one helluva basketball player and a great American. He took the responsibility of playing for our national team to heart and has urged others to do so. I real love how he plays and who he is. So glad Danny resigned him, and for less tha TRo got from Charlotte. Such a bargain.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:42 am

It is interesting how our feelings toward Smart (and I'm including my own, I certainly had my this guy can't even shoot 40 percent moments) have evolved through the years.He's become my favorite current Celtic, by a significant margin.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:00 pm

This edition of the Celts will be a better team than last year's.
Regarding our 14-16 record against the West last year, we will improve on that.
Here are last year's stats and where we will improve:
OKC -w,w
Denver - l,l -we will pick up a win here with our bigger front line
Phoenix - w,l - we pick up a win here
Utah - l,l
Portland - l,l - we pick up a win here
Dallas - l,w - we pick up a win here
Minny -w,w
N.O. - w,w
Houston -l,l - we pick up a win here
Memphis - w,w
Spurs -  l,l - we pick up a win here
GSW - l,w - we pick up a win here
Lakers - l,w
Clips - l,l
Kings - w,w

2019-20 record against the West - 21-9

Versus East - 36-16
I just upped my prediction from 56 to 57 wins...

Doubters, step aside.
Overall record - 57-26

Last edited by worcester on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:38 pm

worcester wrote:This edition of the Celts will be a better team than last year's.
Here are last year's stats and where will will improve:
OKC -w,w
Utah - l,l
Minny -w,w
N.O. - w,w
Memphis - w,w
Lakers - l,w
Clips - l,l
Kings - w,w

Versus East - 36-16

Doubters, step aside.
Overall record - 57-26
+1, good work worse

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:13 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
worcester wrote:This edition of the Celts will be a better team than last year's.
Here are last year's stats and where will will improve:
OKC -w,w
Utah - l,l
Minny -w,w
N.O. - w,w
Memphis - w,w
Lakers - l,w
Clips - l,l
Kings - w,w

Versus East - 36-16

Doubters, step aside.
Overall record - 57-26
+1, good work worse
                                                                                           nice job, amigo. it's 57-25, though bounce
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:20 pm

Last years team had a lot of internal conflicts, this years team will learn from that and play together, some new key pieces and an improving core, we will be fine, we have so many options in the backcourt and wing. Definitely the most talented team in the East at those positions and no flathead....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:04 pm

Jrleftfoot, one of my roommates in college was Jim Steinman, whose new Broadway play, Bat out of Hell, was just featured in a New York Times review. Freshman year he flunked both Calculus alnd Physics. The freshman dean, Dean Reed, called Jim into his office and said, "Steinman, how can you possibly explain these grades, a 32 in Calculus and a 17 in Physics?"

Jim's reponse, now legendary was, "I was always better in math than I was in science."

Regarding the 57-26 record I posited for an 82 game season, my only defense is, "I was always better at prophecy than I was at math.".
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:13 pm

Lol@worcester 😂
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:19 pm

I have to see that play. Big  Meatloaf fan here

Last edited by jrleftfoot on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:43 pm

Jim had one of the worst GPA's in college and still became our class's first multi-millionaire. Ellen Foley did a great job singing on the album, but then Jim dissed her by sending out another gal to sing on tour.

I once asked Jim what the "that" was when he wrote, "I'd do anything for love but I won't do that."

He told me to listen to the song more closely.
The "that" was to marry you and live you forever.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:46 pm

worcester wrote:Jim had one of the worst GPA's in college and still became our class's first multi-millionaire.  Ellen Foley did a great job singing on the album, but then Jim dissed her by sending out another gal to sing on tour.

I once asked Jim what the "that" was when he wrote, "I'd do anything for love but I won't do that."

He told me to listen to the song more closely.
The "that" was to marry you and live you forever.
+1
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:49 pm

.correction: "...love you forever..."
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down