+5
Ktronic1
gyso
KyleCleric
worcester
NYCelt
9 posters

Go down

Jalen Rose: Kyrie isn't rooting for Boston  Empty Jalen Rose: Kyrie isn't rooting for Boston

Post by NYCelt Tue May 22, 2018 4:07 pm

Saw this one, and thought it was interesting if only because it seemed like such a stretch. I like most of what Jalen Rose has to say, or at least I find I can normally respect his opinion. This one seems like a bit of a stretch. I'll even go as far as to say Kyrie has always seemed self-absorbed to me. But this one would be a real ego gone Godzilla number. Submitted purely for amusement purposes and the 'come on, really?' effect it had on me. Even these days, I still get surprised by what shows up in print.

Jalen Rose: Kyrie isn't rooting for Boston

Nick Schwartz, USA TODAY SportsPublished 3:14 p.m. ET May 22, 2018

Prior to Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals on Monday, ESPN NBA analyst Jalen Rose delivered the eyebrow-raising take that Kyrie Irving might not be rooting for his Celtics team to win a title this season without him. Rose explained his position Tuesday, and argued that Kyrie won't have the same power as a leader of the team if the Celtics were to win a championship this year.

"This is a human instinct. When I'm not a part of this program, I don't want the ratings to be 10 times better than when I'm on it…. Does Kyrie want to stick it to his former team? He already did. He asked out of town, they traded him for a box of rocks. He won that."

According to Rose, the dynamic inside the Celtics huddle would change drastically if the current squad earns a ring while Irving is watching from the crowd.

"You can't now return to the Boston Celtics, if you're Kyrie, and be that high-usage player that scored 25+ points, that has five assists, and every time there's an out-of-bounds play or a big shot they draw up the play for you. Here's why - the other 14 guys are going to look at the coach and be like 'hey, what about me?' I'm Rozier, I'm Tatum, I'm Brown, I'm Horford. I earned the equity last year when he wasn't out here.'"

The Celtics, of course, will have to undergo some sort of on-court transformation next year anyway to integrate Gordon Hayward, who was expected to be a first- or second-option on any given night.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2018/05/22/jalen-rose-says-kyrie-irving-might-not-be-rooting-for-the-celtics-to-win-a-title/111166764/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomnba-topstories?src=rss
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Jalen Rose: Kyrie isn't rooting for Boston  Empty Re: Jalen Rose: Kyrie isn't rooting for Boston

Post by worcester Tue May 22, 2018 4:29 pm

Stupid comment. I've watched Kyre on the bench throughout these playoffs, and he has been super excited whenever good things happen for the Celtics. Jalen, go back to Michigan for a psychology degree before you start spewing psychobabble without a license.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Jalen Rose: Kyrie isn't rooting for Boston  Empty Re: Jalen Rose: Kyrie isn't rooting for Boston

Post by KyleCleric Tue May 22, 2018 5:06 pm

Nonsense

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue May 22, 2018 9:13 pm

I can never return to the NBA Champions Boston Celtics because blah, blah, blah . . .

Said no one ever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Tue May 22, 2018 9:36 pm

NYCelt wrote:Saw this one, and thought it was interesting if only because it seemed like such a stretch. I like most of what Jalen Rose has to say, or at least I find I can normally respect his opinion. This one seems like a bit of a stretch. I'll even go as far as to say Kyrie has always seemed self-absorbed to me. But this one would be a real ego gone Godzilla number. Submitted purely for amusement purposes and the 'come on, really?' effect it had on me. Even these days, I still get surprised by what shows up in print.

Jalen Rose: Kyrie isn't rooting for Boston

Nick Schwartz, USA TODAY SportsPublished 3:14 p.m. ET May 22, 2018

Prior to Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals on Monday, ESPN NBA analyst Jalen Rose delivered the eyebrow-raising take that Kyrie Irving might not be rooting for his Celtics team to win a title this season without him. Rose explained his position Tuesday, and argued that Kyrie won't have the same power as a leader of the team if the Celtics were to win a championship this year.

"This is a human instinct. When I'm not a part of this program, I don't want the ratings to be 10 times better than when I'm on it…. Does Kyrie want to stick it to his former team? He already did. He asked out of town, they traded him for a box of rocks. He won that."

According to Rose, the dynamic inside the Celtics huddle would change drastically if the current squad earns a ring while Irving is watching from the crowd.

"You can't now return to the Boston Celtics, if you're Kyrie, and be that high-usage player that scored 25+ points, that has five assists, and every time there's an out-of-bounds play or a big shot they draw up the play for you. Here's why - the other 14 guys are going to look at the coach and be like 'hey, what about me?' I'm Rozier, I'm Tatum, I'm Brown, I'm Horford. I earned the equity last year when he wasn't out here.'"

The Celtics, of course, will have to undergo some sort of on-court transformation next year anyway to integrate Gordon Hayward, who was expected to be a first- or second-option on any given night.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2018/05/22/jalen-rose-says-kyrie-irving-might-not-be-rooting-for-the-celtics-to-win-a-title/111166764/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomnba-topstories?src=rss
I think jalen is a pretty smart guy but every now and then he starts smelling himself and says something ridiculous like this. He, in so many words is telling everyone what kind of team player he is and his thought process. Doesn’t want the show he’s on to get great ratings when he’s not on.
As a fellow broadcaster, I’d say he still needs a lot of work.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue May 22, 2018 11:23 pm

Ktronic,

What kind of broadcast work do you do?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue May 22, 2018 11:28 pm

What utter bullshit!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed May 23, 2018 8:36 am

NYCelt wrote:Ktronic,

I Produce syndicated morning show and host a weekend oldie show
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed May 23, 2018 10:41 am

Ktronic1 wrote:

Sounds interesting. Is the morning show a news program, or some other type?

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed May 23, 2018 11:40 am

Wonder what would have happened if he said that on the pregame show with Pierce sitting there???? Sometimes Rose is so full of himself that he gets impossible to listen to. Billups is much more intelligent, I realize this was on a morning show so he didn't have anyone there to rebutt his statement

To suggest this is really an insult. I do not think for one minute that this is what Kyrie is thinking. I just had a conversation yesterday about trading Kyrie to Minnesota. With all the offensive gaps we have gone through that have buried us at times, why in the world would anyone not be rooting for him to return to the lineup.

These are the kind of statements that take on a life of themself and really find people believing it Rose should learn to temper his statements and not go for the grand slam
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed May 23, 2018 12:54 pm

Rose understands that outlandish statements garner attention, and that is what he is after, not truth. Wonder where he got that idea.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed May 23, 2018 2:32 pm

NYCelt wrote:
Ktronic1 wrote:

Sounds interesting. Is the morning show a news program, or some other type?

music intensive sprinkled throughout with talk on current events, sports etc. Their co-hosts are 2 comedians and I’m producing those nuts. It’s been fun.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed May 23, 2018 2:42 pm

gyso wrote:I can never return to the NBA Champions Boston Celtics because blah, blah, blah . . .

Said no one ever.

"because I want more money" - James Posey
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed May 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Matty wrote:
gyso wrote:I can never return to the NBA Champions Boston Celtics because blah, blah, blah . . .

Said no one ever.

"because I want more money" - James Posey

Do you suppose he regrets leaving and going to a crappy team?

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed May 23, 2018 7:27 pm

An absured notion by Rose.

It was a character assassination and painted Kyrie in a self-centered portrait that is 100% opposite of what it is to be a Celtic.  It was shameful and another indication that Jalen  Rose wants to create controversial narratives.  

This is the same idiot that suggested that Boston trade Kyrie for Leonard.

Over a period of time I have grown to dislike his perspectives.  Rose is stinking up the place.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed May 23, 2018 7:29 pm

This is a question that may be asked of Marcus Smart. It has been reported that he will go for the money, and I can't blame the kid growing up the way he did. Now with his Mom so sick, his heart may say one thing but his wallet will say another. These are the problems with drafting and building up a young team. They leave for greener pastures, and later on regret it.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed May 23, 2018 7:34 pm

Seems it is something that is running rampant through the US today, if you know what I mean. Lies are becoming a regular everyday acceptance.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Sat May 26, 2018 4:48 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Seems it is something that is running rampant through the US today, if you know what I mean.  Lies are becoming a regular everyday acceptance.
And that’s no lie!!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down