bobc33
cowens/oldschool
dboss
jrleftfoot
kdp59
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Love on the trading block and   MSM   says Ainge should be interested  Empty Love on the trading block and MSM says Ainge should be interested

Post by kdp59 Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:52 pm

not my idea, so don't shoot the messenger.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rumors-cavaliers-willing-trade-013709885.html

https://hoopshype.com/2019/12/07/kevin-love-trade-celtics-nets-suns-jazz/

I don't want him myself and can't really see why Ainge would see him as an upgrade.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Love on the trading block and   MSM   says Ainge should be interested  Empty Re: Love on the trading block and MSM says Ainge should be interested

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:17 pm

I'm with KD. Love is no better defensively than Kanter
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Love on the trading block and   MSM   says Ainge should be interested  Empty Re: Love on the trading block and MSM says Ainge should be interested

Post by dboss Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:43 pm

Trade rumors about Ainge wanting Kevin Love is like a reoccurring rash.  You go to the Dr's office, get the prescription for the ointment but that damn rash keeps coming back.

The price to make a deal would be GH.

Despite the resent setback GH is everything we hoped for.  There simply is no deal.  Why would we want a slow undersized non defensive big with a long history of games missed due to injury.

Crazy season has already started. The Cavs screwed up by resigning Love to a big contract after trading Kyrie and losing James and now they want to dump his contract before he checks out with another injury.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:45 pm

They will probably buy him out, these owners have too much play money, and happily take the loss once they find out no one will trade any value for such diminished returns.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:43 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:They will probably buy him out, these owners have too much play money, and happily take the loss once they find out no one will trade any value for such diminished returns.

How do buyouts work? Could he sign with us for the vet minimum if bought out?

I think Danny is persistent when he thinks about certain players in Green. I believe he is still hoping Robert Swift returns to the NBA so he can finally sign him!

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:16 am

If bought out, Cs should be interested. Otherwise the cost wouldn’t be worth it

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:46 am

Love after a buyout for thr vet minimum would be a worthy repacement for Gwill.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:15 am

no way they buy him out, Love has something like THREE more years on his deal.

I think Portland makes a LOT of sense for a Love deal myself.

a deal like

Love and Sexton

for McCollum and Zach Collins makes some sense for both teams.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:14 am

kd - Love's ridiculously expensive salary for me means I would only take him if Cleveland did something ridiculous like buy him out. Portland does make sense. Good luck going home Kevin.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:38 am

Love will not be waived or bought out.
That makes absolutely no sense.
He just started his new 4 year $120m contract.
He’s also playing well. He’s averaging 16.1 ppg and 10.5 rpg.
I’m sure Cleveland would love to move him for younger and cheaper assets.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:44 am

worcester wrote:kd - Love's ridiculously expensive salary for me means I would only take him if Cleveland did something ridiculous like buy him out. Portland does make sense. Good luck going home Kevin.

I agree, but I don't think Love is ready to play for minimum and I do think some team may take on his deal. I just hope Ainge has left his Love love in the past.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:55 am

When a player has a buy out, what % of the cash does he get up front? Love is due $60M for two years after this. Would he take $50M upfront, in his pocket, and then resign with a winner for $3M a year for two years so he could have a shot at another ring? I have no idea how buyouts go. I like Kevin's game but not his fragility, and I don't want to mess with the Celt's long term development nor chemistry. Anyways, I just can't see Danny trading anyone valuable and taking on a huge salary to bring us some more Love. Which means he might do it.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:07 pm

worcester wrote:When a player has a buy out, what % of the cash does he get up front? Love is due $60M for two years after this. Would he take $50M upfront, in his pocket, and then resign with a winner for $3M a year for two years so he could have a shot at another ring? I have no idea how buyouts go. I like Kevin's game but not his fragility, and I don't want to mess with the Celt's long term development nor chemistry. Anyways, I just can't see Danny trading anyone valuable and taking on a huge salary to bring us some more Love. Which means he might do it.

NBA contracts are almost all guaranteed money. so why take less?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:18 pm

For the chance to play on a championship team. The question remains, when a player is bought out, does he get all his contracted money or a %?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:03 pm

worcester wrote:For the chance to play on a championship team. The question remains, when a player is bought out, does he get all his  contracted money or a %?

Buyouts are a negotiation between player and the team.
Dwight agreed to give up $2.8m from Memphis. He recovered $2.6m in signing with the Lakers.

Love has 3 years and almost $90m left AFTER this season.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:05 pm

tj, Then Love's contract is REALLY tough for a team to swallow. Three years at $30M per. Wow.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:42 pm

worcester,

From math and finance alone, you have to discount back to the present day a stream of future income payments (Love's current contract).  

FV=PV(1+r)^n

Since there is more on the right hand side of the equation, and (1+r)>1, PV <FV, where FV=Future Value, PV=Present Value, r=interest rate and n=number of compounding periods.

Obviously owners of the contract would prefer a buyout (if against their backs against the wall) as they are out considerably less than the total contract value.  Also, as we would be on the other side of this, we want to buy low(er) as well.  So both sides initially drive down the price out of the gate. Then the math takes over.

So to answer that part of your question, it would be less than 100% determined by the interest rate and number of compounding terms (in years/months, days, etc)

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:48 pm

Danny, Please NO to Love. One issue last year was PT, and the Celtics are doing so much better on that front this year. Love would clog up the rotation. Hayward showed enough this fall to make us count the days until he returns. Keep RW on the court, learning through his mistakes, encourage Kanter to play D, and Poirier may be a good gap filler when needed. With the high-flying Js and a humble but effective Kemba, I can see why the odds of the Celtics winning it all are starting to drop. Hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:53 am

hawksnestbeach wrote:Danny, Please NO to Love. One issue last year was PT, and the Celtics are doing so much better on that front this year. Love would clog up the rotation. Hayward showed enough this fall to make us count the days until he returns. Keep RW on the court, learning through his mistakes, encourage Kanter to play D, and Poirier may be a good gap filler when needed. With the high-flying Js and a humble but effective Kemba, I can see why the odds of the Celtics winning it all are starting to drop. Hawk

brining Love in would likely cost Hayward (to match Salarys). so really there would be no issues with minutes, in fact would could argue that Love over hayward actually balances the roster better.

that said...I AM NOT SAYING AINGE SHOULD TRADE FOR LOVE!!!!!!!!

just to be clear.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:29 pm

Love for sale or trade. Interesting headline.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:51 pm

dbrown4 wrote:worcester,

From math and finance alone, you have to discount back to the present day a stream of future income payments (Love's current contract).  

FV=PV(1+r)^n

Since there is more on the right hand side of the equation, and (1+r)>1, PV <FV, where FV=Future Value, PV=Present Value, r=interest rate and n=number of compounding periods.

Obviously owners of the contract would prefer a buyout (if against their backs against the wall) as they are out considerably less than the total contract value.  Also, as we would be on the other side of this, we want to buy low(er) as well.  So both sides initially drive down the price out of the gate.  Then the math takes over.  

So to answer that part of your question, it would be less than 100% determined by the interest rate and number of compounding terms (in years/months, days, etc)

db

Making me reach for the HP12C.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:16 pm

No love for Love. Hard Pass.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:48 pm

I do like Love. A lot. But not on this Celtic team. I wish him well somewhere out West.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:55 pm

NYCelt wrote:
dbrown4 wrote:worcester,

FV=PV(1+r)^n

Obviously owners of the contract would prefer a buyout (if against their backs against the wall) as they are out considerably less than the total contract value.  Also, as we would be on the other side of this, we want to buy low(er) as well.  So both sides initially drive down the price out of the gate.  Then the math takes over.  

db

Making me reach for the HP12C.
. Ha, I have one deep in the closet I think. It was quite the calculator though!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:57 pm

I’m hearing Tristan Thompson may be bought out, would he make more sense than Love?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next