wideclyde
worcester
kdp59
jrleftfoot
8 posters

Go down

Enes Kanter Empty Enes Kanter

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:40 pm

Where was he in the second half.?Reggie Miller and his sidekick kept talking about how small the Celtics were, how they were being out rebounded and killed in the paint , but they never said a word about his abscence.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Enes Kanter Empty Re: Enes Kanter

Post by kdp59 Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:45 am

Brad likes 6-6 big men

it confuses the other team, you know.

they keep wondering why we allow them to out rebound and dunk over us time after time.

we just can't understand Brads' genius here.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:48 pm

kdp59 wrote:Brad likes 6-6 big men

it confuses the other team, you know.

they keep wondering why we allow them to out rebound and dunk over us time after time.

we just can't understand Brads' genius here.
                                                 LOL
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:15 pm

Why risk losing an important game by putting in Enes when you have proven rebounding and offensive skills in Grant Williams or Semi Ojelye, automatic double doubles if thee ever were two?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:58 pm

Coaches do not shine every single night just as players have poor games at times.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:51 pm

This was Pete Carroll throwing the ball at the goal line bad. I thought for sure Kanter must have been hurt.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:16 am

Brad should try a physical line up sometime

Kantor Theis Tatum Brown Kemba/Smart

Could we go big sometime...???

Kantor RWill Tatum Brown Kemba/Smart

Also I don’t just want to go big, I’d like to see more of Tremont Waters, the Pest

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:26 am

wideclyde wrote:Coaches do not shine every single night just as players have poor games at times.

Agreed after the 5 minute mark 94-92, maybe it was 84-82, can’t remember, but whatever Brad did and kept doing did not work, he sure couldn’t figure it out on the fly, they bullyballed us, we were too small even without Embid, GH couldn’t handle Simmons, bad match up, Jaylen had no fire, Theis tried, but couldn’t help enough to cover for everybody defensively. Only guy playing good defense was Tatum, and Sixers also worked the ball on offense to get and attack Kemba in mismatches. Brad sure didn’t have all his bases covered.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:44 am

Theis is like certain very good athletic linebackers, you run away from them, they can chase the ball and get to you, you run right at them, you can move them and gain yardage, Kantor you can’t run at....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:33 am

jrleftfoot wrote:Where was he in the second half.?Reggie Miller and his sidekick kept talking about how small the Celtics were, how they were being out rebounded and killed in the paint , but they never said a word about his abscence.

I thought it was because when he came in in the second half he quickly got burned trying to defend the pick and roll and gave up three easy mid range jumpers all for baskets. Can’t blame Brad for not playing him much though not necessarily something the announcers would pick up on, nor would Brad postgame specifically mention Kanter by name.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:22 pm

Sometimes I over-think things.  I overreact.

Bill Russell said it is all about buckets.

In the end you have to make buckets.  Our wings are struggling to make buckets.  That is why we lost.

I expect the offensive slump to end as abruptly as it began.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:30 pm

bobc33 wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:Where was he in the second half.?Reggie Miller and his sidekick kept talking about how small the Celtics were, how they were being out rebounded and killed in the paint , but they never said a word about his abscence.

I thought it was because when he came in in the second half he quickly got burned trying to defend the pick and roll and gave up three easy mid range jumpers all for baskets.  Can’t blame Brad for not playing him much though not necessarily something the announcers would pick up on, nor would Brad postgame specifically mention Kanter by name.

And there folks, is the explanation.

Think of it like Black Friday. Revolving doors are often given a break if too many people are getting through.

The game was lost because we were out rebounded and lost the battle for points in the paint again. Although Kanter can help on the boards, he's no Robert Williams defensively. Speaking of R Williams...
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:37 pm

Kanter gave up three easy pnr baskets? I could have sworn there were 4 other guys out there. He was plus 11 while on the floor and they lost by 11. I'm no mathematician , but I think that means they were minus 22 without him. Maybe Stevens should have realized that they weren't getting any rebounds, thus permitting the Sixers to run the Celtics off the court. I guess that doesn't fit several common wisdom narratives.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down