Rumor: Enes Kanter Seeking To Be Traded

5 posters

Go down

Rumor:  Enes Kanter Seeking To Be Traded Empty Rumor: Enes Kanter Seeking To Be Traded

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:15 am

http://www.celticsblog.com/2015/2/12/8025003/nba-trade-rumor-enes-kanter-seeking-to-be-traded

Rumor: Enes Kanter seeking to be traded
By Jeff Clark  @celticsblog on Feb 12, 2015, 7:41a 97

Rumor:  Enes Kanter Seeking To Be Traded Usa-today-8348394.0
Russ Isabella-USA TODAY Sports
Big man seeking team that really appreciates him.

When a talented center makes noise about being traded, my ears automatically go up.  Nothing here connects him to the Celtics but it is at least worth monitoring.

Utah Jazz: Frustrated Enes Kanter said he hopes to be traded before deadline | The Salt Lake Tribune

Frustrated by his role during his three-plus years in Utah, center Enes Kanter told The Salt Lake Tribune he hopes to be traded before this year's deadline. Kanter expressed his frustration after Wednesday's 87-82 loss to the Mavericks, a game in which Kanter left with an eye injury and did not play in the fourth quarter despite his claim that he was healthy enough to play.

Kanter will be a restricted free agent this summer after he and the Jazz failed to reach a deal to extend him before the season. That could make it difficult to move him should the Jazz opt to go that route. A team interested in Kanter would have to give up assets while simultaneously assuming the risk and uncertainty involving the big man's future salary.

Kanter is a solid offensive player putting up productive stats (13.8 pts, 7.8 rbs., 17.5 PER), but you have to wonder why he's finding himself pushed out of the rotation.  I would imagine that it has something to do with his lack of defensive progress and the emergence of the "Steifel Tower" Rudy Gobert.  The Jazz also have Derrick Favors and Trevor Booker taking time in the big man rotation.

Would he be a fit in Boston (where we have a similar crowded frontcourt)?  I don't think he plays enough defense to solve our "rim protector" needs but Danny Ainge did talk about being "opportunistic" and might make a bid on Kanter (who might be had cheaply if the Jazz are looking to get something for him before either overpaying or losing him for nothing this offseason).

Just something to keep an eye on.

bob
MY NOTE:  Not a strong defensive player and rim protector?  No thanks.  If we want an offense-oriented center we already have Tyler Sullynyk.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Rumor:  Enes Kanter Seeking To Be Traded Empty Re: Rumor: Enes Kanter Seeking To Be Traded

Post by Sam Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:55 am

Pass.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Rumor:  Enes Kanter Seeking To Be Traded Empty Re: Rumor: Enes Kanter Seeking To Be Traded

Post by kdp59 Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:45 am

that Tyler Sullynyk is one hellofa player!

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:29 pm

Rudy Gobert put on a dominant show in the Sophmore vs International game....thanks Danny for passing up on a legit rim protector, when we've been begging for one for 4 years now.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:57 am

come on.....Gobert was considered a LATE first rounder or early second round pick...NOT a mid first rounder on draft day.

and after whiffing BALDY on Melo the fab, there was no way Ainge was going to REACH for another big man with questionable NBA ability.

The fact that Gobert is playing good defense now, doesn't change where the consensus about him was on draft day.

I mean if you going to complain, why not about passing on DeAndre Jordan?

after all he IS the best Defensive player In the NBA right now.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:23 am

kdp59 wrote:come on.....Gobert was considered a LATE first rounder or early second round pick...NOT a mid first rounder on draft day.

and after whiffing BALDY on Melo the fab, there was no way Ainge was going to REACH for another big man with questionable NBA ability.

The fact that Gobert is playing good defense now, doesn't change where the consensus about him was on draft  day.

Kdp,

If one is going to complain about passing on Jorden the fans of every team that had a first round pick should be complaining too since EVERY ONE OF THEM passed on him too.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:52 am

kdp59 wrote:come on.....Gobert was considered a LATE first rounder or early second round pick...NOT a mid first rounder on draft day.

The fact that Gobert is playing good defense now, doesn't change where the consensus about him was on draft  day.

a good/great GM should not have to rely on projections, this kid is the reason they are getting rid of Kantor....he was right there, are you in denial that he couldn't help us or that KO was the better pick?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:11 pm

Danny is not a great GM, McHale giftwrapping KG was the only great move he ever did, okay Ray Allen and Rondo were great moves too, he really whiffed getting rid of Perk and passing on Jordan and Gobert. Gobert was right there for the taking at a position of need. I don't blame him for Melo, at the time many/I thought he was legit, but he got gun shy at the worst moment!!! If a hot girl breaks up with you, you gonna pass up on the next one? Gobert has freaky length and hes got toughness, with what we already have on the perimeter he woulda made our defense and made Sully a perennial all star. We would have been a match up nightmare for opposing teams like the Grizzlies. With those 2 at the 4-5, Sully and Gobert, and with all these picks we have going forward we woulda had a young DYNASTY in the making!!!! do I make myself clear?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:20 pm

Thanks Danny, Gobert is gonna lead the league in blocked shots and he will be a top 5 rebounder as soon as he gets the minutes, you passed on a player tailor made for this team....that coulda been the next Bill Russell!!!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:22 pm

Think we gave up a lot for that GIFT

it was far from free as a gift implies

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:26 pm

beat come on we got a team that should have won multiple titles.

I'd say we made out pretty good with what we gave up.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down