gyso
RosalieTCeltics
worcester
cowens/oldschool
9 posters

Go down

GWill is coming on Empty GWill is coming on

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:21 am

His game is growing and growing, is finding his niche as an offensive rebounder, can score inside in a variety of ways, spin moves, post ups, can drive. Blocked a Trae Young 3 point attempt, blocked an inside post attempt by Mo Bamba, sets great screens, clinched a game with a head fake and drive/finish into the teeth of the defense. Obviously our unique 3 wing line up is working, I like GWill coming in as Tatum’s first replacement. Oh almost forgot, ripped ball away ala Marcus Smart on a drive attempt by Aaron Gordon. He is coming on like gangbusters at the perfect time of the season, getting his game ready for the playoffs. What a great find by Danny!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

GWill is coming on Empty Re: GWill is coming on

Post by worcester Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:25 am

And I almost let him go in early November!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:40 am

The wonderful thing about him is that he is so damn smart. Have you listened to him in interviews? He is very personable, answers questions without a minute to think, he has basketball smarts that come along in very few players this young. I think his upside is so good, and will only get better. He is a keeper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:22 am

I hope that it finally clicks with Robert Williams. Then we can have the Williams Brothers playing for us for the next decade!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:46 am

gyso wrote:I hope that it finally clicks with Robert Williams.  Then we can have the Williams Brothers playing for us for the next decade!

+1

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:00 am

I was thinking the best potential from this past draft was going to end up being Waters. G Williams is making a strong case that he's going to be the bright spot. We need bigs that can defend and grab a board. G Williams is looking like he could be a plus right there. No trade or FA needed until the off-season if so.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:18 am

Long term Langford may be the prize, but no doubt GWill has been the biggest plus.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:33 am

worcester wrote:Long term Langford may be the prize, but no doubt GWill has been the biggest plus.

I'm also hoping this is true. Two players taken deep in the same draft becoming rotational players on a contending team? Sweet.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:07 pm

Grant is the most reliable of the group of rookies on this team (Grant, Carsen, Romeo, Javonte, Vincent, Tacko and Tremont)

His net rating at both ends have been great and now we are starting to see an increase in his production.  

Romeo is the next guy that has the skills to take the next step.  He will make his bones on defense and as his offensive skills catch up with his defensive skills he may be elevated to a primary rotation role on this team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:32 pm

We have played 50 games.  If we just arbitrarily look at the last 10 games (1/18 - 2/5):

Approximately 16:45 mpg

54 points, 5.4/game, 11.6/36mpg
22-39 fgs, 56.4%
7-15 3pt fgs, 46.7%
41 rebounds, 15 offensive.  4.1rebs/game, 8.8rebs/36mpg.  
12 assists, 1.2/game.  9 turnovers, .9/game.  1.33 ast/TO.  
10 blocks, 1.0/game.

His +/- (not a stat I particularly like, but for those of you who do) over this 10 game stretch has been a +2.3 average.

These are not bad numbers for a rookie just figuring it all out, and he really come on strong this week.  These stats back up what our eyeballs are telling us, he's doing MUCH better, but even then these stats are not conveying the impact of his play.  He has gotten some BIG, timely offensive rebounds.  He has played some very good defense against an assortment of players.  I have been particularly impressed with his perimeter defense against guards.  The game is moving to the perimeter and, therefore, being an effective perimeter defender is a prerequisite.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:43 pm

True dat, stat.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:07 pm

Looks like he may get a chance to start with Jaylen and Hayward out tonight. Also, will ATL have their new pieces available tonight? Just curious. That always seems to mess up Brad's game plan. Doesn't seem to bother Vegas with BOS -9.5.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:15 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Looks like he may get a chance to start with Jaylen and Hayward out tonight.  Also, will ATL have their new pieces available tonight?  Just curious.  That always seems to mess up Brad's game plan.  Doesn't seem to bother Vegas with BOS -9.5.  

db

dbrown,

Go to the Game On! thread, find the link to the injury report and click on it. They are going to be missing a bunch of guys, at least that is what I read in a couple other places. Some are injury related, some may be new guys, etc. Atlanta had a pretty long list there before the trade deadline.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:33 pm

Thanks, gyso. Very helpful!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:28 pm

Danny did a fine job with the draft last year plus picking up Tacko Fall and Javonte Green. That is six young players who may eventually make the NBA and some could become solid rotational players.

What can be done with the probable 3 first rounds picks in the next draft. Not a bad problem to have but we don’t need 3 more young players.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:48 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Thanks, gyso.  Very helpful!

db

You are welcome.  

I look at the injury list whenever I make the Game On! thread.  With the letter A coming before B, I get to see Atlanta's because it is at the top.  It has been quite long, as of late.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down