What's In Your Closet

4 posters

Go down

What's In Your Closet Empty What's In Your Closet

Post by dboss Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:33 pm

I want to share a story with you.

One of my closest friends from Boston worked at WRKO when they did the Celtics broadcasts.  He knew Johnny Most and Glenn Ordway quite well.  

Johnny Most was the GOAT broadcaster of all time.  His infamous "Havlicek Stole The Ball" in 1965 is a thing that folklore is made of.

Johnny Most used to produce recordings where he would plug in the name of someone and put them into stealing the ball.  My friend has 4 brothers so Johnny did an album with them as the Celtics using their first names.  I heard the recording.  My friend who moved down here in 1987 has played it for me.  It is on a gold album.

My friend call me the yesterday.  He told me he found a gift that he put in his closet here in GA back in 1987.  He never opened the gift prior.  It was the 1985 Celtics Trivia Game.  Johnny Most and Glenn Ordway gave it to him as a goodbye present.

What's in your closet?  Maybe an old photo or two or perhaps a book or a letter from a friend or love one.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

What's In Your Closet Empty Re: What's In Your Closet

Post by kdp59 Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:00 pm

What's In Your Closet Skelet11
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:02 pm

touché my brother!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:11 pm

A one year collection of every letter my then boyfriend, now husband, sent me from Viet Nam. My kids will have a ball one day if I do not get rid of them before I leave this earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:54 pm

I'm restricting my answer to Celtics gear. Flat- brimmed leprechaun cap, Pierce jersey, Jayson Tatum long sleeved tshirt
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:45 pm

I must have ten playoff tee shirts from days gone by. A Larry Bird game jersey, a John Havlicek game jersey, about six different Celtic sweatshirts. Getting crowded in there. A Celtics jacket, and even a tee from the 1980's. We never got tshirts in the 1960's, we got crazy stuff. I have a presigned basketball from the 1968 season, and a basketball signed by all the players from 1986 championship team. It goes on and on
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down