jeb
beat
gyso
babyskyhook
cowens/oldschool
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Whats wrong with the Heat? Empty Whats wrong with the Heat?

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:07 am

Its really unfolding fast,I don't want to hear about injuries,we have em,every team does at some level.The coach is in over his head,everyones standing around watching Lebron......gotta go Natalie Portman just came on Letterman.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Whats wrong with the Heat? Empty Re: Whats wrong with the Heat?

Post by babyskyhook Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:52 am

I love the fact that they are now 8-6, and at this time last year they were 9-5. Razz

Oh wait, I just got a text from Chimpy Hollinger: he says all they have to do is win their next 40 games and they'll be right back on the '96 Bulls pace.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:35 am

It isn't all that surprising, many on this board figured it out before the season began.

The Mi am I 3 fit together like a glove!! Yeah, a glove with three thumbs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:58 am

I watched the last quarter of the Heat-Pacers last eve.

Heat were down 9 with 8 to go. And the boy coach took out LBJ. You could see that Bron did not want to come out and had that dumb ass look and arms outstretched wit palms up looking at the coach like he's nuts. (geesh he says he plays too much one game and then bitches about it another.) He only was out for a couple minutes.....enough time for Wade to miss more shots. 3-4 straight possessions the heat took treys with few if any rebounders yet the Pacers couldn't score either and the lead remained 12. James made a trey and the Heat announcer said they still ahd time.........time enough to let Indy bury 2 wide open 3's themselves to push the lead to 15. Game set match. Loved hearing the crowd boo (what was left of um)

The kid coach will be gone soon. They have signed Dampier I guess but the wheels are comming of the oxen cart. Wonder what is going thur Wade's head right now? We know nothing goes thru Bron's.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:05 pm

gyso wrote:It isn't all that surprising, many on this board figured it out before the season began.

The Mi am I 3 fit together like a glove!! Yeah, a glove with three thumbs!!

yeah agree with everything you said,but I didn't think they would be this bad,game after game same weaknesses keep on showing up,they need Silas and Bosh is softer than Sidney Wicks,thats who he is,they way,way overpaid for him.....I said a year ago I wouldn't trade Perk for him straight up.They need just a point guard,an average one would be a start.Do they lead league in getting outscored in paint?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:08 pm

Boys it is a long ass season and I wouldnt throw dirt on their graves yet.

But it DOES look like James and Bosh are more interested in good times than good coaching.

For it to work down there SOMEBODY will have to sacrifice a little and right now nobody is willing. I think most of us saw that right off the bat. Only one ball and one hoop on O.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:09 pm

beat wrote:I watched the last quarter of the Heat-Pacers last eve.

Heat were down 9 with 8 to go. And the boy coach took out LBJ. You could see that Bron did not want to come out and had that dumb ass look and arms outstretched wit palms up looking at the coach like he's nuts. (geesh he says he plays too much one game and then bitches about it another.) He only was out for a couple minutes.....enough time for Wade to miss more shots. 3-4 straight possessions the heat took treys with few if any rebounders yet the Pacers couldn't score either and the lead remained 12. James made a trey and the Heat announcer said they still ahd time.........time enough to let Indy bury 2 wide open 3's themselves to push the lead to 15. Game set match. Loved hearing the crowd boo (what was left of um)

The kid coach will be gone soon. They have signed Dampier I guess but the wheels are comming of the oxen cart. Wonder what is going thur Wade's head right now? We know nothing goes thru Bron's.

beat

right your turn,my turn,your turn,everybody else stand around.....pack the paint,let them live and die with the perimeter shot.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:45 pm

Unfortunately, we have been spoiled as Celtic fans on what it takes to win a championship. Our success rate once we get to the Finals is truly remarkable, 17 out of 21 or something close to that. The Lakers to the same degree have shown what it takes to win championships, year in and year out, decade over decade.

Is there some luck involved? Yes to some degree but these two franchises flat out know what it takes to get there and then win it all. It's smart, unrelentless dedication and hard work. It's playing BallsTTWall defense like we did last night against ATL for 48 MINUTES!! It's having a Ray Allen who shows up 3 hours before EVERY game and shoots and shoots and shoots. It's turning on a Shaq who hasn't contributed or played this well in years. It's bringing over from NYK a player nobody wanted and then have him realize that when Rondo went down, it was his time to step it up. The Celtics and Lakers breed winners.

The only person in Miami that can save this bs is the one who created it. And even then Pat may be too washed up and not want to deal with it. He shouldn't have to. I'm sure ESPN will start reporting about "team meetings" and "closed door sessions" and "shouting matches" etc. in the next few weeks. They can't lose. Advertising dollars are pouring in. Why? Well they started out with the premise they could ride this gravy train team all the way to the Finals. Great idea. Whether that works or not, they are discovering (not really, they knew this all along) the public loves a great train wreck even more! You know what, God Bless ESPN, they are just trying to make a buck in this ridiculous economy. More power to them.

Pat's real close to cleaning house down there, real close. What will this look like? Stripping everyone of their titles. Telling LeBron "you haven't done #%^&*%^ for 7 years. Open tryouts, everyone is on equal footing. Maybe Spoelstra gets the axe. I don't think right now Pat will swing that one but he'll let him know he's got to step it up too or he will. You won't see LeBron or DWade on TV ads anymore. Pat will essentially say cut the crap and the entourage or I'll invalidate your contract. He's got to go 1980's on their ass. If you want to win a championship here, this is how it's going to be done. Horrendously difficult practices and fine tuning to follow.

Just a bunch of spoiled brats down there, thinking winning a title in one year or 6 years for that matter with one big fell swoop will do it. The Celtics pulled '08 off only because of their history of championships and the past knowledge from their braintrusts of what it takes. Miami only has one fading memory of it. Pat's the only one that can save it down there. And here he comes.

And you know what? I can't get enough of it. Miami'll be 8-8 by this weekend. Some more real teams to face over Thanksgiving. It only gets better for the Celtics. Thank God the Celtics know what they are doing. Just try and fix the crap about losing to teams you shouldn't and I'll be fine.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Pat will essentially say cut the crap and the entourage or I'll invalidate your contract. He's got to go 1980's on their ass. If you want to win a championship here, this is how it's going to be done. Horrendously difficult practices and fine tuning to follow.

perfect pal...pitch perfect. Alas it will never happen because the poor little flowers will shatter like movie glass if put under pressure or called out. I remember a book called the sword of shannarra about a sword that when held revealed the pure truth about the holder. The bad guys had a real bad time with it. They coveted it but pretty much melted when they got it. That book comes to mind right here.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:31 pm

Hi,
It may sound like a crazy idea, but the only way for Miami to become a contender is to trade Lebron for a couple of blue-collar type players. OTOH, who'd want that cancer.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:50 pm

Sinus

I had to google OTOH

yep now i understand but i'll let others google if they need to do so.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:39 pm

jeb wrote:Pat will essentially say cut the crap and the entourage or I'll invalidate your contract.
Actually, I doubt that. From what I remember of the summer negotiating tour, Chicago said no to allowing LeBron to have his entourage on the plane, in the locker room, or wherever else he wanted them, and that essentially dropped them from the list of contenders to sign him. On the other hand, Riley said "sure, you can have them" in order to get LeBron. LeBron's friends' existence is dependent on him getting them special privileges and access, and they will fight tooth and nail to keep it. LeBron is apparently cloistered with these people and thereby overly influenced by them. Trying to go back on allowing special privileges to LeBron and his friends would be life-altering to them and a total snub to LeBron, who seems to view this as validation that he's more than a mere player.

And what of Pat Riley? Admitting he made a mistake by giving LeBron's entourage the run of the place is the first step down the road of admitting that assembling this threesome was flawed and a mistake. Things will have to be very bad for a much longer period for Riley to begin thinking his grand plan was a mistake.

Spoelstra is a much easier scapegoat.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:43 pm

beat wrote:Sinus

I had to google OTOH

beat

beat,

On the other hand, you might save us alot of time and tell us what google said!!

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:44 pm

outside

I was quoting dbrown and just liked the letter high fastball 80's ness of his language.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:57 pm

gyso wrote:
beat wrote:Sinus

I had to google OTOH

beat

beat,

On the other hand, you might save us alot of time and tell us what google said!!

Razz

GYSO

I looked at that and just could not make any sense of it. NOTHING worked till I googled it. DUH I hope I was not alone in the room! If so it would not be the first time.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:04 pm

Jeb,

Sorry, I missed that connection. Not the first time.

Regards,
Captain Clueless
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:07 pm

hell outside i should have used quotation marks...half the time my head glows in the dark...dont sweat it.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Whatever gets decided on, all the coachspeak and "different timetable" discussions are coming to an end. Pat's not going to let this go on for much longer. If they dip below .500 after this weekend, head for the bunker. They're pretty much guaranteed 8-8 after ORL and DAL take them out to the woodshed.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:54 pm

dbrown,

On Celtics Now (CSNNE) tonight, the actual time of Spoelstra's firing was discussed. A poll, as it were. The host, Michael Holley said he would get fired on or just before Christmas. He said, "Pat Riley is a little cold blooded".

Ian Thomsen (I think that is his name) said that Spoelstra would last through the year.

Cedric Maxwell said January 15, since "that's the day you get your checks".

Heat having issues:

http://www.csnne.com/pages/v3_video?PID=ruAlroGb8piYUIyEhirKQXEUix4KxQyu

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:45 am

Lebron messed up,he should have went to Da Bulls.Just saw them tonite vs LA,great game alot of good exciting runs by both teams.Derick Rose can dominate other points better than Wade can on 2's,plus hes younger,better scoring and finishing ability than Parker or Chris Paul,once his midrange shot gets better he'll be practically unstoppable,no point finishes at the rim better.When/if Boozer can come back healthy,look out,very dangerous team.You know what I think of Noah,hes everything Bosh is not.Lebron with Rose,a true gifted point and Mr Dirtywork,Noah would have complemented Lebron so much better.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by carpecarpium1 Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:57 am

I also thought the Bulls had the best complementary talent for Lebron. But I guess Lebron didn't want to compete with Jordan's legacy.

carpecarpium1

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:06 am

I think the problem Lebron had in Cleveland is the same problem he's having in Miami and would be the same problem he would have in Chicago. As the old saying goes "no matter where you go, there you are". The problem is Lebron.

He's an "on the ball" player. When was the last time you saw him do something (anything!) on offense without the ball, ala Ray Allen? He has to have the ball in his hands for him to be comfortable. In Miami, where their backcourt is mediocre, you can have a "point forward", but in Chicago, with Rose? Now that's a clear conflict.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:11 am

Good point, Bob. I'm betting it will take him 7 years to figure that out or for Eric or Pat to point that out and fix it. But, hey, Tiger re-invented his swing. Hadn't won much since the wheels came off, but he did change his swing.

You just can't sweep 7 years, actually 11 if you include high school, of me-ball under the rug in one season, much less the next 7. Good luck with that one.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:26 am

One thing I keep thinkin fellas is that the damn Cavs were pretty damn good. Beyond that the seemed to care about each other.

So doode left that for this trip down circus freak avenue.

It's really hard to figure. I wonder how that Heat team would be doin if they just signed Bosh?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:54 am

Jeb, I hate to keep being the residnet cynic but I'm just looking forward to the a$$ whipping at the hands of ORL tonight. I looking forward to the new L & D .500 Index to replace the Heat Index on ESPN.com.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next