+5
Shamrock1000
kdp59
RosalieTCeltics
dbrown4
dboss
9 posters

Go down

Report: Serge Ibaka in walking boot, status for Game 6 unknown Empty Report: Serge Ibaka in walking boot, status for Game 6 unknown

Post by dboss Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:21 pm

https://www.raptorshq.com/2020/9/8/21427391/nba-playoffs-2020-injury-report-toronto-raptors-serge-ibaka-ankle-game-6-status-unknown

My Note:
I say screw that.  Don't let them play the victim card.  They are ready to be crushed and booted out of the bubble
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Report: Serge Ibaka in walking boot, status for Game 6 unknown Empty Re: Report: Serge Ibaka in walking boot, status for Game 6 unknown

Post by dbrown4 Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:28 pm

It worked for MIL!! N-Squared will try ANYTHING!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Report: Serge Ibaka in walking boot, status for Game 6 unknown Empty Re: Report: Serge Ibaka in walking boot, status for Game 6 unknown

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:52 pm

My opinion is........bull.....he will play I have no doubt. Look at the drama surrounding Lowry for the first game, he has shown no sign of a sprained ankle since then.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:17 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:My opinion is........bull.....he will play I have no doubt.  Look at the drama surrounding Lowry for the first game, he has shown no sign of a sprained ankle since then.

There you go. Not easy to hoodwink a Celtics fan.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:24 pm

Yep. He'll be there. All hands on deck in an elimination game.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:46 pm

but what about Lowry's balls?

I mean it looked me like he needed to have a ballectomy the other night...well at least until the refs said "play on" then he was just fine.

seriously though, I am prepared that Toronto will get ALL THE CALLS next game, Nurse and Lowry have been wining so much that the refs will be afraid their heads will explode if they call it square.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:53 pm

Is Ibaka a free agent after this season?

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:46 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:Is Ibaka a free agent after this season?

shamrock,

He is. He will be 31 years old and he is making $23.2M this year.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:05 pm

bobheckler wrote:

shamrock,

He is.  He will be 31 years old and he is making $23.2M this year.

bob

Always liked his game, and he seems like he would be a solid veteran presence. I bet Boston fans would love him. He could be an effective center for a Brad Stevens team. However, even though he is 31, his last couple of seasons have been some of his best statistically - he will get another big contract somewhere. I guess there is no way we could sign him unless Gordon opts out, and even then...

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:20 pm

bobheckler wrote:

shamrock,

bob

I though he becomes a FA in 2021, after the next season.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:27 pm

dboss wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

shamrock,

bob

I though he becomes a FA in 2021, after the next season.

Dboss,

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/toronto-raptors/serge-ibaka-6313/

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:28 pm

My mistake as I was thinking about Giannis.
Sleep

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:51 pm

Of course he's going to play.

Looks like a bit of mental gamesmanship to me. Let him have at it. Far from the first to do it.

Hey, even Paul Pierce took a wheelchair to work once.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:44 pm

I've wanted Danny to get Serge for years. Maybe this coming year.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:51 am

worcester wrote:I've wanted Danny to get Serge for years. Maybe this coming year.

I thought he might be a good addition in the past, but now only for MLE or less for me. I don't think he's as good as he was a couple years ago myself.

but as a replacement for Kanter (at the same money) SURE THING!!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:19 am

kdp59 wrote:
worcester wrote:I've wanted Danny to get Serge for years. Maybe this coming year.

I thought he might be a good addition in the past, but now only for MLE or less for me. I don't think he's as good as he was a couple years ago myself.

but as a replacement for Kanter (at the same money) SURE THING!!

That is what I would have thought as well, but check out his stats - his last two seasons have been two of his statistically better seasons. If we could get him for the MLE, that would be an absolute steal.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:24 am

This looks to be an old dodge type 'star is injured and may not play deal' to me. It can be quite an effective ploy if the opponents even fall for it for a couple of minutes.

My high school coach once pulled that on the best team in our league. He kept our tailback out for the first 2 plays after telling the local paper that the kid would be out for the next game.

The opponents must have bought the deal as they were just not ready for our TB to gain nearly 200 yards in what turned out to be a far easier win for us than it ever should have been.

The Cs better fully plan on Ibaka getting up off the Raptors bench and playing as well as he usually does somewhere in the middle of the first quarter in game 6.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:42 am

wideclyde wrote:This looks to be an old dodge type 'star is injured and may not play deal' to me.  It can be quite an effective ploy if the opponents even fall for it for a couple of minutes.

My high school coach once pulled that on the best team in our league.  He kept our tailback out for the first 2 plays after telling the local paper that the kid would be out for the next game.

The opponents must have bought the deal as they were just not ready for our TB to gain nearly 200 yards in what turned out to be a far easier win for us than it ever should have been.

The Cs better fully plan on Ibaka getting up off the Raptors bench and playing as well as he usually does somewhere in the middle of the first quarter in game 6.

Clyde,

That's a classic. We pulled a similar one, but sent our best back in wearing a different number. I remember passing an end on the way back to the huddle a couple plays in and he's going 'hey, wait a minute, who's 31?'

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down