tjmakz
dboss
bobheckler
15 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

NBA Trade Rumors 2021 Empty NBA Trade Rumors 2021

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:52 pm

A little early but with this abbreviated season the deadline will be upon us before we know it.

The NBA Trade Deadline is March 25th. That's only 8 weeks away from today. I suspect that GMs will be making trades sooner rather than later precisely because of the short season. The shorter season let's you get a feel where you're going to end up sooner and, if you want to upgrade your roster with a trade, getting your new players in the fold sooner will make sense since you won't have as many regular season games to integrate them before the playoffs.

Rumors can go here, so we can kick them around. What interest we might have in the players dangled, what effect these trades would have on those teams and the leagues if they go through, etc. Actual consummated trades (or reported by Woj or Shams Charania, which are as good as consummated) can get their own threads or we can create a thread for those. This one is just for rumors, speculations.

Feel free to offer some of your own. After all, that's how rumors start...

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA Trade Rumors 2021 Empty Re: NBA Trade Rumors 2021

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:56 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pels-reportedly-shopping-eric-bledsoe-032011497.html

Pels reportedly shopping Eric Bledsoe – potential Celtics TPE target?

Justin Quinn
Wed, January 27, 2021, 7:20 PM

NBA Trade Rumors 2021 E56a5839277803b742ce5f756ddb7654

It isn’t just guards Lonzo Ball and JJ Redick that the New Orleans Pelicans are reportedly taking trade calls on — and according to ESPN senior writer Brian Windhorst, the franchise is making calls of their own to try and move a third player from their backcourt.

That player would be veteran guard Eric Bledsoe, who Windhorst says the Pels are actively shopping. “Eric Bledsoe has also been involved in trade talks, and in a lot of cases it’s the Pelicans making the calls. There’s interest there to move out some of the veteran guards to make room for Nickeil Alexander-Walker and Kira Lewis,” related the ESPN analyst.

Rachel Nichols
@Rachel__Nichols
The Pelicans aren't just taking trade calls, they're making them, @WindhorstESPN tells us - with JJ Redick and Lonzo Ball on the "available" list.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1354600580182896642

The New Orleans guard is earning $16.8 million this season and putting up 12.8 points, 3.6 rebounds and as many assists per game while shooting 40.6% from 3 while offering solid defense on the other side of the ball.

Bledsoe could be an excellent candidate for the team to use part of the $28.5 million traded player exception generated if the Pels are after picks and young talent — yet another option for Boston to keep an eye on as the Mar. 25 trade deadline draws near.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:15 pm

Kings Shopping Nemanja Bjelica

David Zalubowski/Associated Press

Last season, Nemanja Bjelica finished third on the Sacramento Kings in total minutes played. This year, he has slipped out of head coach Luke Walton's rotation.

What gives?

"The Kings reduced Bjelica's role as part of general manager Monte McNair's plan to rebuild around De'Aaron Fox," Jason Anderson of the Sacramento Bee reported. "... The Kings explored trades for Bjelica around the time of the November draft and will likely continue to do so as they begin to rebuild over the next two to four years."

This sounds...incredibly sensible, which isn't exactly how this franchise has previously been described. But if the small sample of McNair's tenure can be trusted, Sacramento has traded its old attempts at instant acceleration for slow, steady and sustainable growth.

Bjelica is a 32-year-old on the final season of his contract. He doesn't fit this new vision for roster construction. He's especially easy to sit when doing so frees up more minutes for Marvin Bagley III, 2018's No. 2 pick who continues to battle inconsistency but also tantalizes with high-level flashes.

Bjelica's loss of utility in Sacramento should not at all reflect his trade market. There, win-now shoppers will see him as a skilled combo big who can goose the offense as a spacer (career 39.0 percent from distance) and ball-mover (2.8 assists against 1.4 turnovers per game last season).

When one sends a long-term asset in the Kings' direction, Bjelica's departure should be a win for both teams and another for him.

Verdict: Buy Bjelica rocking new threads before the trade deadline.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:16 pm

Teams Targeting P.J. Tucker

As much as the Association is a copycat league, there are different ways to contend for the crown.

Almost all of them would be easier with P.J. Tucker around.

He's on a short list of the league's toughest players. It's why he's able to serve spot duty as a 6'5", super-small-ball center. In case his willingness to lock horns with opposing 7-footers hadn't given this away already, he's about as versatile as it gets on the defensive end. On offense, he's a low-maintenance spot-up sniper who's splashed 36.2 percent of his career long-range looks.

He'd be an easy player to acclimate to any win-now situation, and the impact of his arrival could be immense for clubs in dire need of more defense and spacing.

Trade shoppers seem to agree.

"Numerous teams" are hot on Tucker's trails, per The Ringer's Kevin O'Connor, who reported the Houston Rockets want three second-rounders in return.

All this feels logical.

It's hard (see: impossible) to compile a list of clubs that couldn't stand to improve their defense, outside shooting or, in most cases, both. Tucker can scratch both itches for whichever team pays the premium to get him out of Space City, and the Rockets should want to get a trade done since he's a 35-year-old free-agent-to-be as they stare down the barrel of a post-James Harden rebuild.

Verdict: Buy. Tucker can upgrade virtually any contender, and the Rockets should be ready and willing to relocate him.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:35 pm

I would have to say no Bledsoe and Lonzo Ball, PJ Tucker and Bjelica.

We could really use a long athletic defensive minded 4 to backup JT and maybe play some 5 for us.  

Yesterday's game resembled a yard sale.  Come look see.  

The only reason why we even discuss the big TPE is because Danny Ainge blew an opportunity to trade GH to Indiana.  

Behind the scenes I really think Danny would like to move Kemba Walker.  

Okay here is a trade rumor I have created.

Boston Celtics trade Kemba Walker to the Orlando Magic for Aminu and Aaron Gordon.  The Celtics may include a conditional first round pick or a second rounder.  With this trade the Celtics new starting lineup includes Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Aaron Gordon and surprise starter Peyton Pritchard.  Marcus Smart moves to the 6th man roll and anchors the rotation.  Robert Williams is promoted to the starting unit and Daniel Theis comes off the bench to provide backup minutes at both PF and center.  Recently acquired Tristian Thompson becomes the primary backup at center.  In a seperate deal the Celtics trade Romeo Langford and Carsen Edwards for JJ Reddick.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:11 pm

dboss wrote:I would have to say no Bledsoe and Lonzo Ball, PJ Tucker and Bjelica.

We could really use a long athletic defensive minded 4 to backup JT and maybe play some 5 for us.  

Yesterday's game resembled a yard sale.  Come look see.  

The only reason why we even discuss the big TPE is because Danny Ainge blew an opportunity to trade GH to Indiana.  

Behind the scenes I really think Danny would like to move Kemba Walker.  

Okay here is a trade rumor I have created.

Boston Celtics trade Kemba Walker to the Orlando Magic for Aminu and Aaron Gordon.  The Celtics may include a conditional first round pick or a second rounder.  With this trade the Celtics new starting lineup includes Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Aaron Gordon and surprise starter Peyton Pritchard.  Marcus Smart moves to the 6th man roll and anchors the rotation.  Robert Williams is promoted to the starting unit and Daniel Theis comes off the bench to provide backup minutes at both PF and center.  Recently acquired Tristian Thompson becomes the primary backup at center.  In a seperate deal the Celtics trade Romeo Langford and Carsen Edwards for JJ Reddick.

With Fultz (injured) and Cole Anthony locked in for a number of years at PG, I do not think Orlando would have any interest in another PG (Kemba).
Orlando could use a long term replacement for Fournier at SG or another SF.
Even though Gordon's game has plateaued, he is still a solid player who can play the 3, 4 or small ball 5.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:57 pm

TJ, the Magic clearly need a starting quality PG right now. Fultz was really starting to play well but now he is out with the ACL which leaves them with a rookie in Cole Anthony and who else?

Anyways this is my rumor.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:15 pm

dboss wrote:TJ,  the Magic clearly need a starting quality PG right now.  Fultz was really starting to play well but now he is out with the ACL which leaves them with a rookie in Cole Anthony and who else?

Orlando has two point guards who are 8 and 10 years younger than Kemba.
Orlando is still in building mode and nowhere near a top team in the East.
I can’t see them at all being interested in a soon to be 31 year old PG with knee trouble.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:32 am

dboss wrote:TJ,  the Magic clearly need a starting quality PG right now.  Fultz was really starting to play well but now he is out with the ACL which leaves them with a rookie in Cole Anthony and who else?

in another thread I talked about possible TPE additions, I brought up T. Ross from Orlando.

so how about two deals

Ross for part of  the TPE -allows the Celtics to stay under the tax line and gets us a vet scorer off the bench, Orlando dumps some of their current to future years salary (Ross has two more years after this one)

Teague for a a future not likely to be conveyed second round pick- Orlando could use a vet  point guard to share minutes with Anthony. Teague doesn't cost much and is an expiring salary.

of course this only could happen IF Orlando is in sell mode now and looking to get out of future salary.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:10 am

kdp59 wrote:

in another thread I talked about possible TPE additions, I brought up T. Ross from Orlando.

so how about two deals

Ross for part of  the TPE -allows the Celtics to stay under the tax line and gets us a vet scorer off the bench, Orlando dumps some of their current to future years salary (Ross has two more years after this one)

Teague for a a future not likely to be conveyed second round pick- Orlando could use a vet  point guard to share minutes with Anthony. Teague doesn't cost much and is an expiring salary.

of course this only could happen IF Orlando is in sell mode now and looking to get out of future salary.

I don't see any reason for Orlando to give up Ross for nothing.
They aren't going to be a free agent destination in the next couple of years.
They need young assets, not cap space.
It's kind of like the Knicks the last two years.
The Knicks have had tens of millions of cap space over the last two years and have not been able to sign any top players.
The Knicks still have $17m in cap space this far into the season.
I think Ross could be acquired but it will cost a 1st round pick.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:31 am

Let it ride with 3Smith and PP when he comes back to provide additional 3 point shooting, that what we drafted them for....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:11 pm

It's a flip* made up rumor. Who wants to argue about an admittedly made up rumor????
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:22 pm

tjmakz wrote:
kdp59 wrote:

so how about two deals

I don't see any reason for Orlando to give up Ross for nothing.
They aren't going to be a free agent destination in the next couple of years.
They need young assets, not cap space.
It's kind of like the Knicks the last two years.
The Knicks have had tens of millions of cap space over the last two years and have not been able to sign any top players.
The Knicks still have $17m in cap space this far into the season.
I think Ross could be acquired but it will cost a 1st round pick.

easy fix then

Ross into the tPE

Celtics first next season and Teague for Orlando's unprotected second round pick next year.

right now Orlando would pick somewhere like 10th and then 40th

Celtics would pick at 21st and around 51st

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:48 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nba.nbcsports.com/2021/01/31/report-76ers-nets-celtics-are-focus-for-pelicans-in-j-j-redick-trade/amp/

Report: 76ers, Nets, Celtics are focus for Pelicans in J.J. Redick trade

Kurt Helin
7 hours ago

When news came out that the Pelicans are exploring trade offers for a couple of role players, a lot of the focus was on Lonzo Ball and where he might land.

However, contenders around the league focused more on sharpshooting veteran J.J. Redick. With a tight race and little separating the top teams in the East, it’s no surprise that Philadelphia, Boston, and Brooklyn would have interest, and it sounds like that is where Redick wants to go, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic.

…the New Orleans Pelicans have focused on the Philadelphia 76ers, Brooklyn Nets and Boston Celtics as potential trade destinations for JJ Redick, sources tell The Athletic’s Shams Charania.

Redick, whose family resides in Brooklyn, is believed to have a strong preference to return to the northeast area. No deal is imminent yet, sources said.

I am not going to pretend to know Charania’s sources (he’s a fantastic and well-connected reporter), but this has the feel of Redick’s camp trying to put a little public pressure on the franchises he wants to play for more than an actual hot trade rumor from those teams.

Redick, 36, has struggled to start this season, scoring just 7.9 points per game and shooting a career-low 29.8% from three. However, other teams believe that is more situation than it is about age, that on the right team he would thrive as he did with the Clippers and Sixers. Teams believe Redick can fill an important role on a contender as a sharpshooter off the bench.

Making a trade work for any of those teams is more tricky. Redick is making $13 million this season and in the final year of this contract.

Boston could put together a trade based around Tristan Thompson, although it’s hard to imagine why New Orleans — which already plays Steven Adams big minutes — would want to add Thompson. Boston also could absorb Redick into part of the Gordon Hayward trade exception and just send back draft picks.

Philadelphia could do a package of role players with Mike Scott as the big part of the salary in that trade, if the Sixers had young players and picks that would interest New Orleans.

Brooklyn, which threw most of its tradable players and picks into the mix for James Harden, would have to structure a trade around Spencer Dinwiddie, who is out for the season and has a $12 million player option for next season (meaning he could just walk as a free agent this August). The Pelicans would want back-channel assurances from Dinwiddie before even considering this.

Ultimately, New Orleans will trade Redick to the team that makes the best offer, it is just trying to help Redick get where he wants to go.

It’s not impossible a trade is made in the next 48 hours because any player traded before the Feb. 2 deadline can be combined with other players in a trade at the March deadline. On Feb. 6, players signed this summer become eligible to be traded.

Redick will get traded before the deadline. Where and when are still very much up in the air.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:56 pm

So the we may hear sooner than later if the Celtics make a move. Is Feb 2 the date they can sign someone. The rumors are really out there about Reddick, Boston, Philly and Nets all vying for him. Come on Danny give us somebody on that bench please.

The other day the rumor was that Eric Bledsoe was being offered. Please God,not him, not here
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:20 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:So the we may hear sooner than later if the Celtics make a move. Is Feb 2 the date they can sign someone. The rumors are really out there about Reddick, Boston, Philly and Nets all vying for him.  Come on Danny give us somebody on that bench please.  

The other day the rumor was that Eric Bledsoe was being offered. Please God,not him, not here

I read somewhere (maybe here) that the Feb date is when a player can be traded and still be moved again by the march trade deadline. IF that's correct, there is no other reason to rush a move.

frankly Redick looks done so far this year, not sure he's worth bringing in.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:57 am

I was wondering if this would be the only time they would be able to trade Teague for anything. Reddick is 36 years old, he is really not the guy at this time I would say would be the answer to our problems. As many have said before, I do not know why he does not make a call to IT and bring him in. He knows the offense already, would not take much to get him up to date. It would be worth a shot.

There is something going on here that we are not privy to. IT has even talked to Ainge himself trying to come back. For some reason Ainge is very very leary of this move. Why? There are no fans in the building, who would be yelling his name constantly, making Kemba look over his shoulder. I don't know, but there seems to be some reason why he will not bite
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:15 am

kdp59 wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:So the we may hear sooner than later if the Celtics make a move. Is Feb 2 the date they can sign someone. The rumors are really out there about Reddick, Boston, Philly and Nets all vying for him.  Come on Danny give us somebody on that bench please.  

I read somewhere (maybe here) that the Feb date is when a player can be traded and still be moved again by the march trade deadline. IF that's correct, there is no other reason to rush a move.

frankly Redick looks done so far this year, not sure he's worth bringing in.

kdp,

True this.  So, the reason to make a move by tomorrow COB is if you are bringing in someone you are planning to flip before the March 25th deadline OR if Team 1 is doing a multi-player trade with Team 2 and one of those players is a filler that Danny wants and the receiving team is looking to cut or trade ASAP.  Then Danny might swoop in and grab that player now, a player he wants and is becoming available now as part of that Team1/Team2 trade.  

Danny knows what every GM is thinking.  It's what makes him and Zarren so good.  They know what pieces they covet, what value those GMs place on that player, what/who they are willing to give up on their team for that player.   We've all seen Danny get players and then move them again for the player he really wants.  

Unlike other GMs you cannot assume all moves mean the same thing with Danny.  Remember that scene from the movie "Silverado" where Kevin Kline is reunited with his horse, which is nuzzling him?  The sheriff asks if that's his horse and Kline replies "can't you tell this horse loves me?" and the sheriff answered "I had a girl do that to me once, didn't make her my wife".  That's Danny and trade bait.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:22 pm

bobheckler wrote: Remember that scene from the movie "Silverado" where Kevin Kline is reunited with his horse, which is nuzzling him?  The sheriff asks if that's his horse and Kline replies "can't you tell this horse loves me?" and the sheriff answered "I had a girl do that to me once, didn't make her my wife".  That's Danny and trade bait.

Bob

Great perspective for Celtic fans to remember on rumored player moves and personal relationships!

Got to pass that one along to my son.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:20 pm

I do not see us making a trade for a center but getting a shooter would be nice. I would not mind JJ Redick. He has struggled shooting the deep ball but he is a shooter and I think he could help us this year. He is on an expiring contract. I figure that AN and RL are not ready to do much for us this year on offense so adding a veteran shooter works.

We could add him for the remainder of the year and stay under the Tax apron. I think a second round pick or maybe a player would work. Maybe Tremont Waters or Carsen Edwards.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:49 pm

Get P.J. Tucker’s ass in here.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:52 pm

bobheckler wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pels-reportedly-shopping-eric-bledsoe-032011497.html

Pels reportedly shopping Eric Bledsoe – potential Celtics TPE target?

Justin Quinn
Wed, January 27, 2021, 7:20 PM

NBA Trade Rumors 2021 E56a5839277803b742ce5f756ddb7654

It isn’t just guards Lonzo Ball and JJ Redick that the New Orleans Pelicans are reportedly taking trade calls on — and according to ESPN senior writer Brian Windhorst, the franchise is making calls of their own to try and move a third player from their backcourt.

That player would be veteran guard Eric Bledsoe, who Windhorst says the Pels are actively shopping. “Eric Bledsoe has also been involved in trade talks, and in a lot of cases it’s the Pelicans making the calls. There’s interest there to move out some of the veteran guards to make room for Nickeil Alexander-Walker and Kira Lewis,” related the ESPN analyst.

Rachel Nichols
@Rachel__Nichols
The Pelicans aren't just taking trade calls, they're making them, @WindhorstESPN tells us - with JJ Redick and Lonzo Ball on the "available" list.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1354600580182896642

The New Orleans guard is earning $16.8 million this season and putting up 12.8 points, 3.6 rebounds and as many assists per game while shooting 40.6% from 3 while offering solid defense on the other side of the ball.

Bledsoe could be an excellent candidate for the team to use part of the $28.5 million traded player exception generated if the Pels are after picks and young talent — yet another option for Boston to keep an eye on as the Mar. 25 trade deadline draws near.

Bob

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:53 pm

bobheckler wrote:A little early but with this abbreviated season the deadline will be upon us before we know it.

The NBA Trade Deadline is March 25th.  That's only 8 weeks away from today.  I suspect that GMs will be making trades sooner rather than later precisely because of the short season.  The shorter season let's you get a feel where you're going to end up sooner and, if you want to upgrade your roster with a trade, getting your new players in the fold sooner will make sense since you won't have as many regular season games to integrate them before the playoffs.

Rumors can go here, so we can kick them around.  What interest we might have in the players dangled, what effect these trades would have on those teams and the leagues if they go through, etc.  Actual consummated trades (or reported by Woj or Shams Charania, which are as good as consummated) can get their own threads or we can create a thread for those.  This one is just for rumors, speculations.  

Feel free to offer some of your own.  After all, that's how rumors start...

Bob

Bledsoe? No? God no! H-E double hockey sticks no!!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:58 pm

I would also like a starting level center or a good backup wing that can shoot. P.J. Tucker would be nice addition for example.

But as I have posted in other threads I firmly believe, based on the evidence I have seen so far, that Danny Ainge will NOT do a move at all. Not because he is not able, but because he is not willing Smile.

Maybe he will surprise me and move Kemba Shocked , but I doubt it.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:53 pm

Vankisa wrote:I would also like a starting level center or a good backup wing that can shoot. P.J. Tucker would be nice addition for example.

But as I have posted in other threads I firmly believe, based on the evidence I have seen so far, that Danny Ainge will NOT do a move at all. Not because he is not able, but because he is not willing Smile.

Maybe he will surprise me and move Kemba Shocked , but I doubt it.
And unfortunately, you may be right. He might not do shizik!!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next