Tatum's, Bird's 60 Point Games. McHale's 56

5 posters

Go down

Tatum's, Bird's 60 Point Games.  McHale's 56 Empty Tatum's, Bird's 60 Point Games. McHale's 56

Post by birnam Sat May 01, 2021 7:37 am

worcester wrote:Nope. Larry scored only 60 against the Pistons. Jayson is tied with Larry for the Celtics record!

Wor -- Larry's 60 point game came against the Hawks ('Nique, Doc, etc) in 1985, in a game played in New Orleans.  Approximately 10 days earlier, McHale had set a franchise record with 56 against the Pistons in The Gahden.  Larry told him that he should have gone for 60, and would regret it.  I have both of those games on tape if anyone is interested.

birnam

Back to top Go down

Tatum's, Bird's 60 Point Games.  McHale's 56 Empty Re: Tatum's, Bird's 60 Point Games. McHale's 56

Post by worcester Sat May 01, 2021 9:02 am

I feel Piston by the website which misinformed me Detroit is where Larry scored 60. Yes, vs. the Hawks is when he scored those 60.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Tatum's, Bird's 60 Point Games.  McHale's 56 Empty Re: Tatum's, Bird's 60 Point Games. McHale's 56

Post by birnam Sat May 01, 2021 9:25 am

worcester wrote:I feel Piston by the website which misinformed me Detroit is where Larry scored 60. Yes, vs. the Hawks is when he scored those 60.

An honest mistake, Wor. It is the Spurs who should feel Piston (good one!!) by Tatum's outburst!!

birnam

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun May 02, 2021 10:20 am

birnam wrote:
worcester wrote:I feel Piston by the website which misinformed me Detroit is where Larry scored 60. Yes, vs. the Hawks is when he scored those 60.

An honest mistake, Wor.  It is the Spurs who should feel Piston (good one!!) by Tatum's outburst!!

Birnam,

How are you doing? Nice to see you posting again.

And, Worcester, how could you not remember it was against the Hawks? The best part of that whole game was watching the Atlanta bench fall all over each other in disbelief, and the Hawks unis are nothing like the Pissed-Ons.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun May 02, 2021 10:42 am

Remember? Bob, who are you? Have we met?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 02, 2021 11:09 am

bobheckler wrote:
birnam wrote:

An honest mistake, Wor.  It is the Spurs who should feel Piston (good one!!) by Tatum's outburst!!

Birnam,

How are you doing?  Nice to see you posting again.

And, Worcester, how could you not remember it was against the Hawks?  The best part of that whole game was watching the Atlanta bench fall all over each other in disbelief, and the Hawks unis are nothing like the Pissed-Ons.

Bob

That game was not in Atlanta

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by birnam Sun May 02, 2021 11:34 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:

School -- That's right.  As mentioned in the original post it was in New Orleans

Last edited by birnam on Sun May 02, 2021 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

birnam

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun May 02, 2021 11:36 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
birnam wrote:

Birnam,

How are you doing?  Nice to see you posting again.

And, Worcester, how could you not remember it was against the Hawks?  The best part of that whole game was watching the Atlanta bench fall all over each other in disbelief, and the Hawks unis are nothing like the Pissed-Ons.

Bob

Cow,

Correct.  It was played in New Orleans, for some weird reason.  Doesn't mean they wore a different team's unis...

Saw an interview on the Dan Patrick show with Doc, who played in that game.  He said 3 players on the Hawks bench were fined $3K by Mike Fratello for celebrating Bird's performance.  He said the next day film session was 20 minutes of Fratello rewinding the tape and showing the celebration, because he just couldn't let go of the idea that his players were cheering the other team's player.

Here's the video. It's only 2 minutes long, but it's really good. As you can see the Hawks were in their red uniforms with the diagonal stripe. Detroit's is blue with no stripe.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun May 02, 2021 3:36 pm

That is the one thing that Bird will have over Tatum forever!!!!! He is no where near the trash talker that Bird was, and Bird loved rubbing it in. Look what he said to McHale after he scored the 56? He told him he should have gone for more because he (bird) was going to break that record.

Forever one of the greatest trash talkers of all time
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun May 02, 2021 4:03 pm

ONE THING I LOVE ABOUT JAYSON ABOVE ALL ELSE IS HOW HE HAD HIS SON DEUCE THERE AND HOW MUCH EFFORT HE PUTS INTO BEING A FATHER AND A GREAT ROLE MODEL.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun May 02, 2021 4:12 pm

The one thing about Tatum is that he has his priorities in place, that kid is #1 in his life, along with his Mom
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down