Sources - Boston Celtics president Danny Ainge to step down, Brad Stevens moving to front office play

+14
worcester
Vankisa
sinus007
BingBang!
atcross
Shamrock1000
dbrown4
Ktron
bobheckler
dboss
NYCelt
RosalieTCeltics
birnam
18 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Sources - Boston Celtics president Danny Ainge to step down, Brad Stevens moving to front office play - Page 5 Empty Re: Sources - Boston Celtics president Danny Ainge to step down, Brad Stevens moving to front office play

Post by dboss Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:03 pm

atcross wrote:
dboss wrote:
atcross wrote:
dboss wrote:I think the Celtics need to go completely outside of their organization and find a coach. That coach should have NBA head coaching experience already.  A former NBA player would in my way of thinking be another option although he would need to surround himself with an experienced and diverse coaching staff.

The players on this team do not need to be made to feel comfortable.  They are well paid employees and have an obligation to do their jobs and do them well.  And if their play is outside the lines they need a coach who is fair but also tough enough to set them on track.

If Boston looks to fill their coaching vacancy with one of the current assistants, it will complete the circle that is already looking like a good ole boy transition.

The number of times I've seen managers who have been promoted bring in someone with a totally different style to replace them: 0

The number of times I've seen successful managers who ignore their workers' feelings, saying those workers get paid to do their jobs: 0  
Ok so you counted them up.  How many times was it?

You cannot interpret what I said by making up stuff.  Who said anything about ignoring workers' feelings.

Yes, in 47 years of business consulting it was zero on both accounts. But if I misinterpreted "The players on this team do not need to be made to feel comfortable.  They are well paid employees and have an obligation to do their jobs and do them well." please clarify. In those 47 years I've observed a few managers who thought that their people didn't need to feel comfortable at work. If they didn't like it they could lump it. And many did. Usually the best, who were valued elsewhere. Basketball players can eventually do the same. None of our young players have asked to be traded...yet. You don't need to coddle. But if you show no concern for their comfort they will either under perform or leave. But perhaps you could rephrase and I would better understand your meaning.  

Atcross

Here is my logic

"The players on this team do not need to be made to feel comfortable."

This is directly related to them being comfortable with the quality of their play.  They did not play the right way.  They were comfortable in not moving the ball.  They were comfortable in not putting forth real effort on defense.  They stopped really hearing what Brad was telling them.  A new voice will be good for the team.  Expectations and accountability has been missing.  The next coach needs to bring a new perspective to the table.  If the new coach comes from within then not much has really changed. I also said

"And if their play is outside the lines they need a coach who is fair but also tough enough to set them on track."

A fair coach is not going to ignore the workers' feelings I am not advocating for a Captain Ahab.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Sources - Boston Celtics president Danny Ainge to step down, Brad Stevens moving to front office play - Page 5 Empty Re: Sources - Boston Celtics president Danny Ainge to step down, Brad Stevens moving to front office play

Post by worcester Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:48 pm

V - right on target as well. Excellent analysis.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:12 pm

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:36 pm

Numbers = Mike Zarren
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:46 pm

According to Woj, Danny has been talking about retiring for months, and that Brad was ready to "move on from coaching". So the timing worked.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:55 pm

dboss wrote:
atcross wrote:
dboss wrote:I think the Celtics need to go completely outside of their organization and find a coach. That coach should have NBA head coaching experience already.  A former NBA player would in my way of thinking be another option although he would need to surround himself with an experienced and diverse coaching staff.

The players on this team do not need to be made to feel comfortable.  They are well paid employees and have an obligation to do their jobs and do them well.  And if their play is outside the lines they need a coach who is fair but also tough enough to set them on track.

If Boston looks to fill their coaching vacancy with one of the current assistants, it will complete the circle that is already looking like a good ole boy transition.

The number of times I've seen managers who have been promoted bring in someone with a totally different style to replace them: 0

The number of times I've seen successful managers who ignore their workers' feelings, saying those workers get paid to do their jobs: 0  
Ok so you counted them up.  How many times was it?

You cannot interpret what I said by making up stuff.  Who said anything about ignoring workers' feelings.

I didn’t hear you say that either dboss.
I agree that they have to go outside. Anyone on this current staff is Brad 2.0 and sends the wrong message, to everyone.
It would be a mistake however if they don’t include Brown and Tatum when they’re talking next head coach. Just their thoughts and input. That’s important.
Finally, this coach has to be a coach thats African American for so many reasons. I won’t go into here unless someone else on this board wants to continue the discussion.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:01 pm

gyso wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:My friend, how are you???  Tired of the rhetoric yet????

Hi Rosalie, I'm doing fine, thanks.

LOL.  It seems like many have already thrown in the towel on next season.  They seem to be gathering up busses.  To throw our new coach and GM under.  It seems to be their favorite sport.  LOL.

To them I say . . .

Whatever!!!

Where have you been reading that? Talk about divisiveness. Hmm Whatever….

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:14 pm

Ktron

As you know change is a difficult reality for some people to embrace.  

When I moved to Atlanta in August of 1986 the Celtics had just won their 16th title. I was 35 years old.  The Celtics were winners in 16 of those 35 years. 36 years later the Celtics have won a single title.  There have been more changes than I can remember but throughout the good times and the bad I have remained a Celtics fan.  

My only current regret is that I have no good reason to do another interview with Danny Ainge.  I wish him good health and continued prosperity.  I am thrilled that Brad has left the bench and I wish him the best in his new role.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:37 pm

dboss wrote:Ktron

When I moved to Atlanta in August of 1986 the Celtics had just won their 16th title. I was 35 years old.  The Celtics were winners in 16 of those 35 years. 36 years later the Celtics have won a single title.  There have been more changes than I can remember but throughout the good times and the bad I have remained a Celtics fan.  

My only current regret is that I have no good reason to do another interview with Danny Ainge.  I wish him good health and continued prosperity.  I am thrilled that Brad has left the bench and I wish him the best in his new role.
Dboss, Huey P once said “Everything is always in a constant state of transformation” But here, it seems like the dialectical law is negation of negation. You are so right, some people don’t understand and/or embrace change.
You might want to think about doing an interview with Brad once he gets settled in to his new ‘promotion’. If you can pull that off AND make it compelling, drinks are on me!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:52 am

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:Ktron

Dboss, Huey P once said “Everything is always in a constant state of transformation” But here, it seems like the dialectical law is negation of negation. You are so right, some people don’t understand and/or embrace change.
You might want to think about doing an interview with Brad once he gets settled in to his new ‘promotion’. If you can pull that off AND make it compelling, drinks are on me!

dboss,

I think you should do the Brad interview, especially if you can make it as entertaining as the Danny interviews. Then, take Ktron up on the beverages. Who doesn't like a free drink?

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5