+5
Sam
tjmakz
sinus007
beat
dbrown4
9 posters

Go down

Well, I guess it's official now, so we don't even have to play this season Empty Well, I guess it's official now, so we don't even have to play this season

Post by dbrown4 Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:17 pm

I saw this and had to laugh. Enjoy. Underdogs again. Not surprising. I think it's been stated before about the relevance of one's opinion to a certain body part.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5654644

dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Well, I guess it's official now, so we don't even have to play this season Empty Re: Well, I guess it's official now, so we don't even have to play this season

Post by beat Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:33 pm

DB

Then with 30 teams and those percents.....

If my math is correct then 19 GM's picked LA, 10 picked Miami.......and 1 picked the C's.............thanks Danny!!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Well, I guess it's official now, so we don't even have to play this season Empty Re: Well, I guess it's official now, so we don't even have to play this season

Post by sinus007 Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi,
Sorry, Beat, your math is off: there were only 28 GMs. Which means DA is 12% more of a GM than others (I, too, assumed it was DA; on the other hand it could be Riley Laughing )
What an idiotic way to present a survey.
I wonder who specifically picked what team?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:08 pm

More like 18,9 and 1 since 2 GM's sat this survey out. Of course, we're assuming all 28 GM's answered both questions. They don't necessarily say that the way it is worded.

Sorry, it's the Math Major coming out in me again!

I'd have to agree with you, though, that the one lone vote for Boston was Danny!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:10 pm

sinus
Guess I needed to read the first line a tad better.........

Wouldn't surprise me if DA was one of the 2 that didn't respond and told the Entirely Poor Sports Network to east $%^ and die!

Way back in HS our local paper used to pick the all north HS basketball team and canvased all the local teams their paper covered maybe 30-35 schools. Each coach was asked to nominate a player or 2 from their own team for consideration.

We had 2 very good players and neither made the 15 man first team nor the second team nor honorable mention!!

Found out later our coach told them basically to get lost!!
Perhaps DA will let the team do his talking for .......... on the court.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:14 pm

http://hoopshype.com/general_manager.htm

Here is a list of the GM's I think it's current?

Bet Bird sat this survey out too!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi,
Here's from nba.com: General managers were not permitted to vote for their own team or personnel.
Now I'm wondering who's the lone star? Larry?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:07 pm

To clarify one point, ESPN did not conduct the survey, NBA.com did. I e-mailed Henry Abbott from ESPN who wrote the story to see if he would tell me who the 2 GM's were that did not respond. Suprisingly, Henry responded right away and told me that NBA.com conducted the survey and they did not tell him who the 2 GM's were that didn't respond. Henry only compiled the data into a story.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:28 pm

I love predictive basketball surveys in exactly the same way I love most basketball stats. i just love the sound of sucking.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:27 pm

Lakers has the biggest chance for sure, they are pretty much a sure shot for finals which puts them in pretty much a 50/50 by default.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:46 pm

Just means we got em right where we want em. My only surprise is that they dont favor the Heat...I figured LaLa would fall off thr face of the earth now that there is something shinier. Well it all goes in the revenge stack. Cant wait to get at them all.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:40 pm

Hey jeb,

Writers will always have a NY/LA bias as most journalists (other than beat reporters) are based in one or the other.

Was nice to see Wade start his first practice with a hamstring pull. Perhaps the Hoop Gods will shine on us yet !

Jerry
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerry Tarkanian Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:43 pm

And, by the way, jeb, a pleasure for this codger to have the opportunity to annoy you once again !

Tark
Jerry Tarkanian
Jerry Tarkanian

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:22 pm

the pleasure is mine sir
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:47 pm

Tark, it's great to see you on the board again. I hope you're feeling great and doing well in Florida.

This feels a little like spring training, with everyone gradually coming back to the fold as preseason starts.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:22 am

jeb65 wrote:

Just means we got em right where we want em. My only surprise is that they dont favor the Heat...I figured LaLa would fall off thr face of the earth now that there is something shinier. Well it all goes in the revenge stack. Cant wait to get at them all.

You're thinking media my friend, almost all of whom, are, of course, chasing the new shiny thing. Which is just fine with the lakers. They are definitely feeling disrespected, just like the Cs, which is great. The two best teams in the league with a chip on their shoulder towards the 3 Mi-egos.

I love it.

As for the survey, it was GMs, so I'm not surprised they picked the Lakers, but I am surprised by the numbers. Also surprised that the Heat got that many votes and the Cs only got one. Most everyone in LA with a brain (including me) thinks the Cs will come out of the East if they are healthy.

I would have thought the Cs numbers and Heat's numbers would have been reversed in this survey- that would have made sense to me. So I'm surprised at this. But then again, I'm surprised that Rod Thorn, Billy King and Chris Wallace have jobs, so maybe this is no surprise after all.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:23 am

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
Here's from nba.com: General managers were not permitted to vote for their own team or personnel.
Now I'm wondering who's the lone star? Larry?

AK

Could have been Mitch. He doesn't seem enamored of the Heat.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down