We Need One More Deal

+2
Ktron
dboss
6 posters

Go down

We Need One More Deal Empty We Need One More Deal

Post by dboss Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:54 pm

At some point before the trade deadline, Boston needs to make a move to add a QUALITY  power forward that is starter level and/or can be a solid backup.

Hernangomez did not play a minute in the 2OT Knicks game so why the hell is he on the team?  You would have to surmise that he is a contract that will be traded but at $6.175 million this year what value does he have.  I do not know what you can get for that.  

I think he will be traded for maybe a 2nd rounder and that would open up a roster spot.  That open roster spot could potentially be filled by using the $17 million TPE from the EF deal.  What quality PF is out there that may be available?  

Is ownership ready to go above the ankle into  luxury tax haven?

Any thoughts on this?

Last edited by dboss on Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

We Need One More Deal Empty Re: We Need One More Deal

Post by dboss Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:02 pm

I also realize that there are slim pickings out there.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:17 pm

I forgot Gomez was on the team already. What’s that all about. No Kantor either.
I think we’ll start to get a better Idea in the next 30 or so days when teams start looking at making moves. We’ll find out what’s out there thats expendable and that hopefully can make an impact for us.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:49 pm

Ktron wrote:I forgot Gomez was on the team already. What’s that all about. No Kantor either.
I think we’ll start to get a better Idea in the next 30 or so days when teams start looking at making moves. We’ll find out what’s out there thats expendable and that hopefully can make an impact for us.

Ktron

I was surprised that neither Hernangomez nor Kanter played mainly because Al was not available so we were down to one center plus Grant.

However, Ime wanted to play small ball. Does that sound familiar? Does that sound like what Brad would've done? I think the answer is yes.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:47 pm

dboss wrote:I also realize that there are slim pickings out there.

Dboss - any interest in Marvin Bagley? I don't know much about him except that it looks like he might be available via trade. It's worrisome that a crappy team like the Kings are not interested in developing him, but at a glance, his stats aren't terrible (both traditional and advanced). No way I'd give up a core player, but maybe a prospect and a pick??? All that being said, I gave never seen him play and don't know Jack about him.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:23 pm

Bruno didn't play either. That speaks volumes. Everybody on the court was exhausted.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:42 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:

Dboss - any interest in Marvin Bagley? I don't know much about him except that it looks like he might be available via trade. It's worrisome that a crappy team like the Kings are not interested in developing him, but at a glance, his stats aren't terrible (both traditional and advanced). No way I'd give up a core player, but maybe a prospect and a pick??? All that being said, I gave never seen him play and don't know Jack about him.

Rock

Absolutely. A change of venue may be just what that kid needs. I have enough confidence in our coaching staff and key leaders on this team that could help him become a quality big PF/C

He was the 2nd pick in the 2018 draft and has been limited due to injuries. I do not see them giving him up for a day old bag of donuts.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:50 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:Bruno didn't play either. That speaks volumes. Everybody on the court was exhausted.

Bruno has attributes to play strong post defense, I would have given him at least 10 minutes on Randle, don’t want to see RWill do too many 44 minute games for his own protection.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:53 pm

dboss wrote:
Shamrock1000 wrote:

Rock

Absolutely.  A change of venue may be just what that kid needs.  I have enough confidence in our coaching staff and key leaders on this team that could help him become a quality big  PF/C

He was the 2nd pick in  the 2018 draft and has been limited due to injuries.  I do not see them giving him up for a day old bag of donuts.

+1

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:37 pm

If the team defense remains nonchalant they may need at least one trade. The problem that has made the Celtics a .500 team is a lack of commitment on the defensive end. I noticed a play in the Houston game were Schroder and Richardson played some aggressive defense and it really stood out in contrast to what the team usually does (specifically the returning veterans). That play really crystallized for me exactly what is out of sorts and it’s a very big deal.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:35 pm

What was the reason Boston decided to add a second year to Josh Richarson's contract?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:37 pm

Here are the open TPE's.  These are very valuable and should provide us with the ability to address a roster enhancement (s)

Trade Exception $370,564
($370,564) Jeff Teague trade with ORL 02/11/2022

Trade Exception $6,879,100
($5,096,479) Kemba Walker trade with OKC 05/17/2022

Trade Exception $500,000
($500,000) Moses Brown trade with DAL 06/27/2022

Trade Exception $9,720,900
($9,720,900) Tristan Thompson trade with SAC 07/07/2022

Trade Exception $17,142,857
($17,142,857) Evan Fournier trade with NYK 08/17/2022
dboss
dboss