wideclyde
NYCelt
bobheckler
cowens/oldschool
8 posters

Go down

Jaylen Brown Empty Jaylen Brown

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:36 pm

I never realized what a terrible initiator Jaylen is. Been so painful watching him operate the last few games without Tatum, despite the win today, he was terrible. There’s obviously things he can do very well, but just like it was obvious Avery Bradley could not play point, it’s obvious to my eye test Jaylen is not a point forward….

There were so many times without even ball pressure he would throw the ball away into traffic. How many times has he gotten stripped dribbling into traffic? I would simplify the offense, let Jaylen be some version of Bernard King, get him the ball down low more, he’s never going to be a James Harden type initiator.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Jaylen Brown Empty Re: Jaylen Brown

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:12 am

I am in no way saying we have to trade Jaylen, soon Tatum will be back and that will make Jaylen’s deficiencies not so glaring and open up the floor for him more. In other words, he will be much more effective, as our Robin who can sometimes outplay Batman. Jaylen is still a 2 way force and legit young all star, and somehow we just became the first EC team to beat the Suns this year. We can beat a Milwaukee and Phoenix, we should have beaten Golden State, and we can still get a lot more production from the youngins and better chemistry going forward. I guess we can play with anybody….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:34 am

Compelling performance by JB tonight, saw the best and worst of him in the same game. He played with ferocity, attacking and carrying the shorthanded team, showing the talent and attributes that are as good as any wing in the game. Then there was this puzzling turnover display going on as he was the leading culprit on the team turning it over uncontrollably keeping an inferior team constantly in the game. Despite it all, Jaylen willed the team to victory with 21 points in the 4th, driving thru the whole team on a few occasions and the amount of energy he had to exert was what separates the Kobe’s from the Jason Richardson’s. Great super human effort, glad he will have 2 days off after tonight, someone buy that kid a beer or a super protein shake lol. Can’t wait to see Tatum get back soon and let’s get these 2 stars rolling!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:09 pm

Chris Grenham @chrisgrenham
about 3 hours ago
Looks like Jaylen Brown gave a TEDx talk in Boston yesterday to discuss The Bridge Program and education innovation. pic.twitter.com/k2g7QEy5zL

Jaylen Brown FNVOF83VgAAV38Q?format=jpg

Jaylen Brown FNVOF83UcAUAQlH?format=jpg

Bob
MY NOTE:  If you don't like everything about Jaylen Brown you are spending WAY too much time looking for something to complain about.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:27 pm

Multi-dimensional guy.

You could say he's not wasting his platform from basketball on basketball.

This is the kind of player you want young fans to pay attention to, for many reasons.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:55 pm

NYCelt wrote:Multi-dimensional guy.

You could say he's not wasting his platform from basketball on basketball.

This is the kind of player you want young fans to pay attention to, for many reasons.

+1

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:12 pm

If anyone wants to say that Jaylen Brown is not the absolute best player in the league or even not the best player on his own team, I guess that I cannot disagree.

However, he is certainly not the worst player on the Cs or in the NBA either.

BUT, from his very first year in Boston, he has been an excellent player who always hustles while continuing to improve as a player to the point that the many people who want to nit-pik his career as a player can search for little things (like his social concerns) to tear him down.

For me, he may be the most interesting young man that has worn a Celtics uniform in a long time and perhaps ever in that he seems to have a genuine interest in other human beings, represents the team in the many communities that he embraces and is a shining example of what so many other young athletes could be.

I hope that he remains a Celtic for the life of his NBA career and a Celtic legend forever. Lastly, unless traded away or he is dealt a serious injury his #7 will be on the banner where the other Cs great men/players are remembered with their numbers retired.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:30 pm

wideclyde wrote:If anyone wants to say that Jaylen Brown is not the absolute best player in the league or even not the best player on his own team, I guess that I cannot disagree.

However, he is certainly not the worst player on the Cs or in the NBA either.

BUT, from his very first year in Boston, he has been an excellent player who always hustles while continuing to improve as a player to the point that the many people who want to nit-pik his career as a player can search for little things (like his social concerns) to tear him down.

For me, he may be the most interesting young man that has worn a Celtics uniform in a long time and perhaps ever in that he seems to have a genuine interest in other human beings, represents the team in the many communities that he embraces and is a shining example of what so many other young athletes could be.

I hope that he remains a Celtic for the life of his NBA career and a Celtic legend forever. Lastly, unless traded away or he is dealt a serious injury his #7 will be on the banner where the other Cs great men/players are remembered with their numbers retired.

Nice post. I also hope to see him play for the Celtics for his entire career. Too often the really good players come with baggage. Not this young man, he seems to have his head on straight.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:49 am

I marvel at the way he carries himself, game in and game out. There is no air of arrogance about him, just a fine young man who cares about the world and wants to improve it. He truly wants to see his teammates improve, loves seeing Tatum excel, and has found a great middle ground for he and Marcus to play together and accept each other's faults. I compare him to Russell only because he tries to make everyone around him better. We are fortunate in Boston, we have had some truly great players but better than that, terrific men. I love this kid for who he is, not what he does on the basketball court but what he is striving to accomplish in the world
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:06 pm

In February he averaged 4.5 assists and had 5 assists on Sunday.  When you see guys like him and Jayson working to improve aspects of their games that needed improvement, you cannot help but be appreciative.

I was happy to see both of them sitting together in the post game interview and it sent a clear message. Those guys want to do well and both guys support each other. they want to be in Boston together. The 'they cannot play together crowd' was just plan wrong. There is a big stability factor when you have drafted and developed your players. Home grown talent at this level is pretty special in today's NBA where teams tie their fortunes to someone else's misfortunes.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:03 pm

There is one this I am really waiting for.   Jaylen has been injured, come back, had good games, but I feel there is a lot more coming from him.  When that happens, watch out NBA. This team has found it’s identity and the sky may be the limit.  I am not ready to say we are championship bound, but this team is a threat to any team out there. We could be the spoilers this year, wouldn’t that be fun????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:58 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I marvel at the way he carries himself, game in and game out.  There is no air of arrogance about him, just a fine young man who cares about the world and wants to improve it.  He truly wants to see his teammates improve, loves seeing Tatum excel, and has found a great middle ground for he and Marcus to play together and accept each other's faults.  I compare him to Russell only because he tries to make everyone around him better. We are fortunate in Boston, we have had some truly great players but better than that, terrific men.  I love this kid for who he is, not what he does on the basketball court but what he is striving to accomplish in the world
     +1
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down