Smart and Rob Williams expected to play against Crooklyn

4 posters

Go down

Smart and Rob Williams expected to play against Crooklyn Empty Smart and Rob Williams expected to play against Crooklyn

Post by dboss Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:55 pm

Good news.  Robert Williams has a great sense of humor.

https://www.celticsblog.com/2022/2/23/22947635/ime-udoka-marcus-smart-robert-williams-boston-celtics-brooklyn-nets-kelan-martin-malik-fitts
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Smart and Rob Williams expected to play against Crooklyn Empty Re: Smart and Rob Williams expected to play against Crooklyn

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:01 pm

Jay King @ByJayKing
about 1 hour ago
Grant Williams had a bag of ice on his face after practice. Robert Williams said he tried to dunk on Aaron Nesmith. “And Aaron was not going for it.”
MY NOTE: I do believe Ime appreciated the fight in Aaron.

Jared Weiss
Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
about 1 hour ago
Rob Williams on what has triggered the team's recent defensive dominance: "it's been us realizing great defense keys great offense."
MY NOTE: Music to Ime's ears, and mine.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Smart and Rob Williams expected to play against Crooklyn Empty Re: Smart and Rob Williams expected to play against Crooklyn

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:35 pm

words of a genius coach from way back when.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:25 am

Things are looking up.  Thanks to the loss the DET just before the break, losing tonight is not an option.  It needs to be ala recent 76ers game.  Pretty much an exact duplicate.  BKN can be given no air space.  None.  Our defense needs to be stifling.  BKN must be made acutely aware that all they did was make a change and that change was going to make them worse.  And since BS has been eating ding-dongs for the last 6 months, he ain't even going to be there.  That shows you the level of commitment right out of the gate.  Durant out as well.  Harden needs to be smothered and flat out exhausted from having to play defense.  You just don't make a trade and everything turns around all the sudden.  

Plus a rout will shut up all the now resuscitated media idiots that think BKN will even get out of the first round, if they make the playoffs at all.  

This is another statement game.  It needs to be brutal and over in the first 5 minutes.  The media eye was starting to shine on us, then the talking heads went back to their crack habit and began fantasizing about want could be with the 76ers and BKN with the recent trades before the All Star break.  Neither will be present in the conference finals.  

Amen.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:26 pm

The Nets will be without, KI, Simmons, KD, Joe Harris and newly added Dragic.

We on the other hand go into the game healthy.

I hope that we get up big so that our rotation guys that do not play a lot will get a chance to break a sweat.

DB, I do not think this is a signature game for us. Maybe for them but for us this is a road game that we are supposed to win.

Other games of interest that will impact the standings include Cleveland at Detroit and Atlanta at Chicago.

Darius Garland (back) and Caris LeVert (foot) The Pistons will have all of their main guys available.  Cleveland is in 4th place so I am going with the Pistons.

Atlanta will be without John Collins and Chicago will be without Lonzo Ball.  This will be a real tough lift for the Haws.  Chicago blew them out twice this year by near identical scores (131-117 and 130-118)  No one on either team will ever be accused of playing defense.  Chicago probably makes it 3 in a row as the Hawks never addressed their off season needs to add defense to their back court.  Oh well.  The Bulls will come down off their high horse but not tonight.  They are a poor defensive team as well.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:42 pm

That's what we're counting on. Other things equal, the team with better defense wins every time. But what I'd really like to see is Harden at some point so exhausted from being harassed on defense and subsequently being behind by 41, preferably by about the 2nd quarter, that he says eff it, walks off the court in the middle of play to the locker room and leaves the building.

Yeah, that'll work. It may not be a signature win, but it needs to be a win nonetheless. I know one thing with 100% certainty. You can't move up the standings if you're losing.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:47 pm

dbrown4 wrote:That's what we're counting on.  Other things equal, the team with better defense wins every time.  But what I'd really like to see is Harden at some point so exhausted from being harassed on defense and subsequently being behind by 41, preferably by about the 2nd quarter, that he says eff it, walks off the court in the middle of play to the locker room and leaves the building.

Yeah, that'll work.  It may not be a signature win, but it needs to be a win nonetheless.  I know one thing with 100% certainty.  You can't move up the standings if you're losing.      

db

The Celtics will beat the Nets tonight. I think we can cover the spread as long as our rotation guys do not melt down in the 4th QTR.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:06 pm

Thanks, dboss, for the prediction.  And graciously not pointing out the idiot in the room!  I can't seem to get used to Harden playing for Philly yet!!

Still, whatever team Harden shows up on, they're going down and out.  

db

P.S. I think we are pretty safe. Line shows BOS (-9). That's a route in NBA world. But don't count your chickens! I'm sure our guys will all be glad to be back on the floor and want to push the pedal to the metal on D. The great thing about suffocating D is it create very easy O!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down