RosalieTCeltics
bobheckler
dboss
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NIK STAUSKAS added Empty NIK STAUSKAS added

Post by dboss Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:26 am

By now you probably heard that he has been added to the team.  Details are not year available but I read that he has a 2 year deal.

Brad has gone out and added a few guys to complete his roster but I think this signing is meaningful.  He's a 6' 6" guard/wing player that reminds me of Duncan Robinson.  He has been around for a while (337 NBA games) and was recently playing in the G-league.  I guess what caught Brad's eye was the 100 points or so that he put up in  2 games.

He shot 46.6% from deep .

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

NIK STAUSKAS added Empty Re: NIK STAUSKAS added

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:24 am

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2022/03/nik-stauskas-signing-two-year-deal-with-celtics-to-fill-final-roster-spot.html

Nik Stauskas signing two-year deal with Celtics to fill final roster spot

Updated: Mar. 03, 2022, 10:33 p.m. | Published: Mar. 03, 2022, 10:33 p.m.

By Brian Robb | brobb@masslive.com

The Boston Celtics are signing Nik Stauskas to a two-year deal, a league source confirmed to MassLive.com. Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com was first to report the signing.

The 28-year-old shooting guard played two games for the Miami Heat earlier this year while on a 10-day contract, averaging 5.5 points and 1.5 rebounds in those contests. He has spent the majority of his year however in the G-League where he’s most recently put up big numbers for Grand Rapids scoring a combined 100 points over his last two games.

The signing fills the final open roster spot at the moment for Boston’s roster after the team opened a number of slots at the trade deadline. The team also has a pair of wings on 10-day deals in Kelan Martin and Malik Fitts that are set to expire later this week.

Stauskas should provide Boston with additional shooting depth in the backcourt for a team that has limited reliable 3-point shooting options off the bench. He’s a 35.4 percent career shooter from 3-point range over 337 career games.

Bob
MY NOTE: Stauskas was added after March 1st so he's not eligible for the post-season, I believe. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays very little these last weeks of the season. Not only does he not know Ime's playbook but, if I'm right about his ineligibility for the playoffs, there's no incentive to ramp him up quickly this year.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:20 am

so why go out and sign him now????? confusing to me. A couple of injuries and we are going to be looking down that bench, who is next in line???
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:06 pm

He is 28 years old and a career 35% three point shooter? Granted 35% is probably better than everyone but Grant and Pritchard this season, but don’t see the attraction, guess it is just for depth.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:52 pm

bobheckler wrote:https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2022/03/nik-stauskas-signing-two-year-deal-with-celtics-to-fill-final-roster-spot.html

Nik Stauskas signing two-year deal with Celtics to fill final roster spot

Updated: Mar. 03, 2022, 10:33 p.m. | Published: Mar. 03, 2022, 10:33 p.m.

The Boston Celtics are signing Nik Stauskas to a two-year deal, a league source confirmed to MassLive.com. Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com was first to report the signing.

The 28-year-old shooting guard played two games for the Miami Heat earlier this year while on a 10-day contract, averaging 5.5 points and 1.5 rebounds in those contests. He has spent the majority of his year however in the G-League where he’s most recently put up big numbers for Grand Rapids scoring a combined 100 points over his last two games.

The signing fills the final open roster spot at the moment for Boston’s roster after the team opened a number of slots at the trade deadline. The team also has a pair of wings on 10-day deals in Kelan Martin and Malik Fitts that are set to expire later this week.

Stauskas should provide Boston with additional shooting depth in the backcourt for a team that has limited reliable 3-point shooting options off the bench. He’s a 35.4 percent career shooter from 3-point range over 337 career games.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Stauskas was added after March 1st so he's not eligible for the post-season, I believe.  I wouldn't be surprised if he plays very little these last weeks of the season.  Not only does he not know Ime's playbook but, if I'm right about his ineligibility for the playoffs, there's no incentive to ramp him up quickly this year.

I think he is eligible.  See article below:  and here is the link

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2022/03/examining-celtics-free-agent-buyout-possibilities-ahead-of-playoff-eligibility-deadline.html
The Boston Celtics still have one open roster remaining and could have as many as three later this week once their current 10-day deals with forward Malik Fitts and Kelan Martin expire. Those potential open slots make the team a theoretical player in the NBA midseason buyout market with March 1st looming as a key deadline for playoff teams around the league when it comes to available players.

In order for a player to retain postseason eligibility for a new NBA team, said player must be waived before midnight on March 2nd. The Celtics or any other playoff team can signed waived players after that date still but they no longer would be available to suit up for the postseason if they are still on a team as of March 2nd. Any player who is waived or is already a free agent by the end of the day on March 1st can sign with any team up until the final day of there regular season (April 10th and still become playoff eligible.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:55 pm

Nik I believe would be classified as a Free Agent and should be able to play.

Otherwise, it would make very little sense for Brad to sign him.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:23 pm

dboss wrote:By now you probably heard that he has been added to the team.  Details are not year available but I read that he has a 2 year deal.

Brad has gone out and added a few guys to complete his roster but I think this signing is meaningful.  He's a 6' 6" guard/wing player that reminds me of Duncan Robinson.  He has been around for a while (337 NBA games) and was recently playing in the G-league.  I guess what caught Brad's eye was the 100 points or so that he put up in  2 games.

We better hope so. I’m not as impressed as you are Dboss. This guy was a high draft pick that hasn’t amounted to much. He’s played for 6 teams in a little over 7 yrs. We are the 7th. He shooting 46.6 in the G League where Defense doesn't happen.
From what I understand, It was Nik or Tyreke Evans and Brad went with Nik!? This better work and as I said we better hope so.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:42 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:By now you probably heard that he has been added to the team.  Details are not year available but I read that he has a 2 year deal.

We better hope so. I’m not as impressed as you are Dboss. This guy was a high draft pick that hasn’t amounted to much. He’s played for 6 teams in a little over 7 yrs. We are the 7th. He shooting 46.6 in the G League where Defense doesn't happen.
From what I understand, It was Nik or Tyreke Evans and Brad went with Nik!? This better work and as I said we better hope so.
Ktron

I want to see what type of $$$ we are talking about.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:50 pm

Ktron

Also he is a career 35% shooter from deep in 337 NBA games.  My guess is that his defense may not be great.

Anyways, it really doesn't matter what we think.  Brad has signed him.  I want to see how he does.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:15 pm

dboss wrote:Ktron

Also he is a career 35% shooter from deep in 337 NBA games.  My guess is that his defense may not be great.

Anyways, it really doesn't matter what we think.  Brad has signed him.  I want to see how he does.

Dboss,
337 NBA games with 7 NBA teams. I guess those other 6 NBA teams hated shooters too. Either that or Nik just has a Nak of wearing out his welcome. I’d been more interested in seeing how Tyreke Evans would have done.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:16 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:

Ktron

I want to see what type of $$$ we are talking about.
You mean how much he’s paying the Celtics?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:55 pm

Gary Washburn @GwashburnGlobe
about 34 minutes ago
#Celtics officially sign Nik Stauskas. He will wear No. 13 for Boston

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:29 pm

Ktron wrote:

Dboss,
337 NBA games with 7 NBA teams. I guess those other 6 NBA teams hated shooters too. Either that or Nik just has a Nak of wearing out his welcome.  I’d been more interested in seeing how Tyreke Evans would have done.  
When was the last time Evans suited up for anyone?

Give him another hit and he'll be just fine.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:48 am

Extra body, fills out the bench, has some experience, easy contract to lose.
Not anything significant but a good signing for practice, emergencies and garbage minutes.
In a league that’s practically filling the end of the bench with guys that belong on NY and SF playgrounds, this is smart.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:01 am

RE: T. Evans

Ownership has consistently shown zero tolerance for bad behavior. Evans was banned for testing positive for one of the "abuse" drugs (i.e., not marijuana), probably cocaine.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:39 pm

I read somewhere he is eligible for the playoffs because he was not a team prior to March 1st (or 2nd??). Would seem a bit odd to sign him now if he weren't eligible. He's one of those guys that can get hot and help you win a game.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:30 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:I read somewhere he is eligible for the playoffs because he was not a team prior to March 1st (or 2nd??). Would seem a bit odd to sign him now if he weren't eligible. He's one of those guys that can get hot and help you win a game.
Celtics offense is perfect for a reliable shooter

There are not a ton of options out there and we have yo be mindful of staying below the tax this year.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:03 pm

atcross wrote:RE: T. Evans

Ownership has consistently shown zero tolerance for bad behavior. Evans was banned for testing positive for one of the "abuse" drugs (i.e., not marijuana), probably cocaine.  
Kind of unfair to attack an abuser without knowing what he abused. I’d like to know how much alcohol is consumed by NBA players. Probably lots. Just because its legal doesn't make it good/right.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:07 pm

dboss wrote:
Shamrock1000 wrote:I read somewhere he is eligible for the playoffs because he was not a team prior to March 1st (or 2nd??). Would seem a bit odd to sign him now if he weren't eligible. He's one of those guys that can get hot and help you win a game.
Celtics offense is perfect for a reliable shooter

There are not a ton of options out there and we have yo be mindful of staying below the tax this year.

WE do or THEY do? There were some options but our Celtics took a pass. Still not a reason to sign a trailblazing also ran that has a jersey for damn near a forth of all the teams in the NBA. I hope he lights it up and proves me wrong. I doubt it.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:11 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:

Dboss,
337 NBA games with 7 NBA teams. I guess those other 6 NBA teams hated shooters too. Either that or Nik just has a Nak of wearing out his welcome.  I’d been more interested in seeing how Tyreke Evans would have done.  

Funny not funny. If Evans has a disease “another hit” ain’t cute and no, he wouldn't be fine but still would outplay ya boy. I don’t care who he last suited up with. He is still a better player than Quick “the human exit ramp” Nik.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:40 pm

Ktron wrote:
atcross wrote:RE: T. Evans

Kind of unfair to attack an abuser without knowing what he abused. I’d like to know how much alcohol is consumed by NBA players. Probably lots. Just because its legal doesn't make it good/right.
Who's attacking him? I just noted the fact. He was banned for two years for violating the league "drugs of abuse" rule. I didn't ban him. The NBA did. "Drugs of abuse" are opioids, meth, cocaine, heroin, etc. Marijuana has a different penalty. I don't know of any penalty for alcohol abuse but show up drunk for practice or a game and you'd probably find out. Since the two most popular recreational drugs would be marijuana and cocaine, I speculated the drug was cocaine. In some minds that would be giving him the benefit of the doubt, since the other drugs are viewed even more harshly. You can speculate one of the others if you like. But I didn't ban him or make any comment attacking him. As I think Robin Williams once said, cocaine use is just a sign you're making too much money. As for ownership, I believe they have consistently shown to be very strict about player's who have broken laws or league rules. Personally I think all drug use should be decriminalized and treated as a medical issue. The league should focus on performance enhancing drugs if it wants to. Yes, alcohol abuse is bad. But I'm not the NBA. They make their rules.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:49 pm

Sir, no disrespect but I am also a certified addiction counselor and have been since 1995.
Your comment that you speculated it probably was cocaine and then follow that up with you may be giving him the benefit of the doubt and that some drugs are viewed even more harshly is part of the problem. Addiction is addiction. One cant equate one being more harmful than the other because certain drugs effect different people in different ways.
Also, addiction is a disease. Just like cancer and other diseases. Conflating bad behavior with addiction is just wrong.
Ive been witness to countless  “good” people and upstanding citizens addicted to drugs and or alcohol. They weren’t bad people and neither was their behavior.
Also, Robin Williams is/was a comedian. He was not a Dr. nor was he a licensed counselor.  He was also an addict that got paid to tell jokes. There’s a difference. Even if he wasn’t get paid and was still considered an addict, if he wanted to joke about his own addiction then thats on him. He nor does anyone else have the right to joke about another’s addiction.
No, you didn't ban him and no you don't make the rules. Thats not my issue. You cant say Its bad behavior and come back and say that you believe it should be decriminalized. Obviously they’re both not one in the same. That comment is conflicting and misguided. IMOP.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:56 pm

Ktron wrote:Sir, no disrespect but I am also a certified addiction counselor and have been since 1995.
Your comment that you speculated it probably was cocaine and then follow that up with you may be giving him the benefit of the doubt and that some drugs are viewed even more harshly is part of the problem. Addiction is addiction. One cant equate one being more harmful than the other because certain drugs effect different people in different ways.
Also, addiction is a disease. Just like cancer and other diseases. Conflating bad behavior with addiction is just wrong.
Ive been witness to countless  “good” people and upstanding citizens addicted to drugs and or alcohol. They weren’t bad people and neither was their behavior.
Also, Robin Williams is/was a comedian. He was not a Dr. nor was he a licensed counselor.  He was also an addict that got paid to tell jokes. There’s a difference. Even if he wasn’t get paid and was still considered an addict, if he wanted to joke about his own addiction then thats on him. He nor does anyone else have the right to joke about another’s addiction.
No, you didn't ban him and no you don't make the rules. Thats not my issue. You cant say Its bad behavior and come back and say that you believe it should be decriminalized. Obviously they’re both not one in the same. That comment is conflicting and misguided. IMOP.
Where in any of my comments did I mention addiction? And why are you speculating that there is an addiction involved here? I know of plenty of people who used cocaine and some of those other drugs and they were not addicted. For all either of us know the guy went to one party and made a mistake. Why do you assume he's addicted? Seems to me you're the one that is speculating at Evans' expense. The bad behavior I refer to would in the eyes of the owners, not mine. His bad behavior IN THE OWNERS' EYES was in breaking NBA rules. For that he needed his head examined because that no doubt cost him a lot of money. I really don't care. You are reading things into this I never said. I was merely observing a possible reason THE OWNERS might not want him. Period.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:31 pm

His bad behavior IN THE OWNERS' EYES was in breaking NBA rules. For that he needed his head examined because that no doubt cost him a lot of money. Dude, thats what addicts do! Its not bad behavior its addictive behavior. I brought up addiction because in his case thats exactly what it is. You might want to check the background. Its there.
I’m going to stop here because you make a statement then say you didn't say it, the owners did. Lets end this, i’m done discussing an issue that you obviously know very little about. Enjoy the balance of your day.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:44 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:

Dboss,

Funny not funny. If Evans has a disease “another hit” ain’t cute and no, he wouldn't be fine but still would outplay ya boy. I don’t care who he last suited up with. He is still a better player than Quick “the human exit ramp” Nik.
Ktron

First off, I am not declaring that Nik is the answer to our shooting depth issues.  So maybe you are being too sensitive.

Notwithstanding that a substance abuser has a lifelong challenge, your boy Evans has not played in the NBA for around 3 years.  Yet you have the temerity to declare that he is better than Brad's signee, not mine.

The Celtics are not worse off by signing Nik instead of Evans.  I doubt teams are lining up and thinking, wow we finally got Evans.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next