Go down

NIK STAUSKAS added - Page 2 Empty Re: NIK STAUSKAS added

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:05 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:Ktron

Also he is a career 35% shooter from deep in 337 NBA games.  My guess is that his defense may not be great.

Anyways, it really doesn't matter what we think.  Brad has signed him.  I want to see how he does.

Dboss,
337 NBA games with 7 NBA teams. I guess those other 6 NBA teams hated shooters too. Either that or Nik just has a Nak of wearing out his welcome.  I’d been more interested in seeing how Tyreke Evans would have done.  
When was the last time Evans suited up for anyone?

Give him another hit and he'll be just fine.

Funny not funny. If Evans has a disease “another hit” ain’t cute and no, he wouldn't be fine but still would outplay ya boy. I don’t care who he last suited up with. He is still a better player than Quick “the human exit ramp” Nik.
Ktron

First off, I am not declaring that Nik is the answer to our shooting depth issues.  So maybe you are being too sensitive.

Notwithstanding that a substance abuser has a lifelong challenge, your boy Evans has not played in the NBA for around 3 years.  Yet you have the temerity to declare that he is better than Brad's signee, not mine.

The Celtics are not worse off by signing Nik instead of Evans.  I doubt teams are lining up and thinking, wow we finally got Evans.

+1

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:26 pm

Some preliminary numbers on the 2 year deal that he signed with the Celtics

$423,536 is guaranteed.  His average salary will be $1,018,159 per year.  His money this season will be prorated  (around $12,416 per game)  Overall, a low risk acquisition.  He is eligible to be traded in June, 2022.

Ime is a fairly conservative coach so I do not think we will see much of Stauskas, Martin, Fitts, Hauser or our 2-way guys.

We will need to have some blowout level games going into the 4th QTR to see any of those guys get minutes.

I do think that Ime will need to find one reliable shooter among the group.  Nesmith will likely get minutes because at the very least he can play defense and he is a pretty intense rebounder.  If he can somehow make open catch and shoot 3's, our rotation will go 5 deep off the bench as needed.  That is more then enough to win a championship but those guys will need to play well to make that happen.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:32 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:

Also he is a career 35% shooter from deep in 337 NBA games.  My guess is that his defense may not be great.

Anyways, it really doesn't matter what we think.  Brad has signed him.  I want to see how he does.

Dboss,
337 NBA games with 7 NBA teams. I guess those other 6 NBA teams hated shooters too. Either that or Nik just has a Nak of wearing out his welcome.  I’d been more interested in seeing how Tyreke Evans would have done.  

Funny not funny. If Evans has a disease “another hit” ain’t cute and no, he wouldn't be fine but still would outplay ya boy. I don’t care who he last suited up with. He is still a better player than Quick “the human exit ramp” Nik.
Ktron

First off, I am not declaring that Nik is the answer to our shooting depth issues.  So maybe you are being too sensitive.

Notwithstanding that a substance abuser has a lifelong challenge, your boy Evans has not played in the NBA for around 3 years.  Yet you have the temerity to declare that he is better than Brad's signee, not mine.

The Celtics are not worse off by signing Nik instead of Evans.  I doubt teams are lining up and thinking, wow we finally got Evans.

Dboss, YOU are the one that first brought his shooting percentages so how am I being sensitive?
Yes also brought up twice that Evans hasn’t played in 3 yrs. I’m willing to bet that you haven’t seen much of Nik in the past 3 yrs either. My point is and always has been that Tyreke is a better player than Nik. You’re a numbers guy so go look it up.
At this point they may both stink up the arena but Tyreke has had a better career statistically than Nik and my eyes have dictated that Tyrese has always been the better player. Teams may not be lining up for Evans and the substance abuse may have a lot to do with it. I do know for a fact that several teams have picked up Nik and dumped him rather quickly.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:03 am

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:

Dboss,

Ktron

Dboss, YOU are the one that first brought his shooting percentages so how am I being sensitive?
Yes also brought up twice that Evans hasn’t played in 3 yrs. I’m willing to bet that you haven’t seen much of Nik in the past 3 yrs either. My point is and always has been that Tyreke is a better player than Nik. You’re a numbers guy so go look it up.
At this point they may both stink up the arena but Tyreke has had a better career statistically than Nik and my eyes have dictated that Tyrese has always been the better player. Teams may not be lining up for Evans and the substance abuse may have a lot to do with it. I do know for a fact that several teams have picked up Nik and dumped him rather quickly.

ktron yes, I did bring up his shooting percentages, his recent scoring outburst in the G-League and his NBA experience in shooting.  I think that is the reason why Brad signed him and that is why I mentioned it.  

You are the one that lobbied for Tyreke Evans.  It really is a very weak argument to talk about Evans career numbers being better BECAUSE he has not played in 3 freakin years.  So there, I just mentioned that for the third time.  

Evans' drug abuse issue is very unfortunate for him.  I do believe it will give teams pause in adding him to their roster.  

Adding a player this late in the season is problematic on most every level.    There is not enough time to integrate any player into the rotation while getting them up to speed on our offensive and defensive schemes.  There is no ideal add on.  If the owners were not so inclined to stay below the tax line, Brad probably could have used one of his TPE's during the trading window and added another quality rotation guy.  Basically there were slim pickings.

Brad did what he thought was best for the team.  He added a guy that can make an NBA 3 pointer.  I am really not concerned about how many teams he has been on.  All I know is that he has played in 337 NBA games and has a career 3 point shooting percentage of 35.4% on 3.3 attempts.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:48 pm

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content