Celts @ Warriors - Championship Round, Game 1 - Pregame Thoughts

+3
dbrown4
willjr
dboss
7 posters

Go down

Celts @ Warriors - Championship Round, Game 1 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Celts @ Warriors - Championship Round, Game 1 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by dboss Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:17 pm

Here are a few thoughts on Game 1 tonight.

Boston was 2nd in the playoffs in how often they used a switch everything defense.  It has proved to be a great way to defend teams because it forces them into 1 on 1 (ISO basketball)

Sometimes we have seen the Celtics bigs drop back instead of going up to defend the ball handler when the opponent sets a screen up top and our defender is a step behind. The opponent can attack us when we drop but not necessarily get all the way to the rim.  But we have seen floaters and pull up jumpers in or around the paint area and kick outs if we try to drop too far back.

When both Al and Rob are in the game it allows us to be more aggressive on defense. Al can play up top a bit more while Rob can protect the rim and also closout on shooters

The Celtics will need to run their guys off the line and just let our bigs defend in the paint.

Heard some very interesting things about GSW offense.  They are # 1 in assist percentage, fewest dribbles and have the quickest time in not holding the ball.  They move the rock.

All season, coach Ime has been trying to get our guys to play with pace.  GSW are the ultimate pace team on offense.  We have seen what our team looks like when the ball is popping and we also have seen our penchant to pound the ball  and take ISO shots.

I am going with Boston to win this series mainly because our defense is elite but we have not been consistent on offense since the Nets series.  GSW have a whole lot guys that can flat out shoot.  I hope our offense steps up a notch or 2.  Our switch everything defense can slow them down by taking away things that they like to do.

Last edited by dboss on Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celts @ Warriors - Championship Round, Game 1 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: Celts @ Warriors - Championship Round, Game 1 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by dboss Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:58 pm

Matchups - Jayson on Klay and Jaylen on Wiggins.  Smart on Curry, Horford on Green and Rob on Loon.

Key matchup of this series - D White checking Poole.  Secondary key matchup will be Grant banging with the always physical Green.

The more I look at what we have the more I like our chances.

As much as I have respect for the warriors I'm saying right now with no hesitation, no ambiguity that the Celtics are going to win the championship.

Last edited by dboss on Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celts @ Warriors - Championship Round, Game 1 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: Celts @ Warriors - Championship Round, Game 1 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by willjr Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:02 pm

Good article on the five-thirty eight site.
https://apple.news/A1iWuHUq1Q3mCJjojoT5UeA
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:54 pm

All great points, dboss.  Agreed on the final outcome of the series.  It will be up to Ime at times to rein us back in and be quick(er) with the timeout.  Our team is not quite Phil-like to let us run amok too long at this stage.  

As for G1, I'm sticking with my 'it ain't broke so don't fix it' philosophy.  Celtics come up short tonight but win G2 heading back to Beantown.  As always, I hope I am wrong and we win both and really send Stevie Whiny Baby into a tailspin!!  I'll take that outcome every day of the week and twice on Sunday!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:23 pm

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:30 pm

dbrown4 wrote:All great points, dboss.  Agreed on the final outcome of the series.  It will be up to Ime at times to rein us back in and be quick(er) with the timeout.  Our team is not quite Phil-like to let us run amok too long at this stage.  

As for G1, I'm sticking with my 'it ain't broke so don't fix it' philosophy.  Celtics come up short tonight but win G2 heading back to Beantown.  As always, I hope I am wrong and we win both and really send Stevie Whiny Baby into a tailspin!!  I'll take that outcome every day of the week and twice on Sunday!!

db

Db we win tonight.  

Rob and Marcus are playing.  We destroy GSW hype, 9 straight home wins so it is time to change that.  Why wait..'Do It Fluid'

Ktron who made that one?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:33 pm

dboss wrote:
dbrown4 wrote:All great points, dboss.  Agreed on the final outcome of the series.  It will be up to Ime at times to rein us back in and be quick(er) with the timeout.  Our team is not quite Phil-like to let us run amok too long at this stage.  

db

Db we win tonight.  

Rob and Marcus are playing.  We destroy GSW hype, 9 straight home wins so it is time to change that.  Why wait..'Do It Fluid'

Ktron who made that one?

I bet they were “Walking in rhythm” at the time.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:40 pm

It will be interesting to see how Boston deploys its switch everything defense in front of the run everywhere GS offense. The bigs may get run ragged.

Clearly, the Celts will be selective and physical.

For me, it is not that much about the defense but also offense. Can we overpower the Dubs defense? That is what I am going to be curious about. We may just play with a different winning formula against this team.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:47 pm

willjr wrote:
dboss wrote:

db

Db we win tonight.  

Ktron who made that one?

I bet they were “Walking in rhythm” at the time.

There you go...Swish!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:20 pm

dboss wrote:

db

Db we win tonight.  

Ktron who made that one?

Donald Byrd & The Blackbyrds

This will be our official team song for 2022 after we wipe out the Dubs!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:02 pm

dboss wrote:Matchups - Jayson on Klay and Jaylen on Wiggins.  Smart on Curry, Horford on Green and Rob on Loon.

Key matchup of this series - D White checking Poole.  Secondary key matchup will be Grant banging with the always physical Green.

The more I look at what we have the more I like our chances.

As much as I have respect for the warriors I'm saying right now with no hesitation, no ambiguity that the Celtics are going to win the championship.

+1

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:04 pm

Let’s punch them in the face first!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down