Celts vs Warriors - Championship Round - Game 6 - Pregame Thoughts

+2
bobheckler
dboss
6 posters

Go down

Celts vs Warriors - Championship Round - Game 6 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Celts vs Warriors - Championship Round - Game 6 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by dboss Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:27 am

Well here we are again standing on the precipice in an absolute must win game.

No need to beat the dead horse again. It's dead to me.

Just go out there and compete the way that you know that you can.

“Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” (quote from Ms Rudolph)
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celts vs Warriors - Championship Round - Game 6 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: Celts vs Warriors - Championship Round - Game 6 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:32 am

Gary Washburn @GwashburnGlobe
about 2 hours ago
Officials for tonight's Game 6 are: Zach Zarba David Guthrie John Goble Alternate: Courtney Kirkland

Bob
MY NOTE: So, contrary to rumors, alleged "series extender" Scott Foster will not be reffing tonight.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celts vs Warriors - Championship Round - Game 6 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: Celts vs Warriors - Championship Round - Game 6 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by dboss Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:40 am

Celts need to play ball and adjust to how the game is being called.  Way too much focus on the refs
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:19 pm

Keys to the game (6th verse, same as the first).

1. Take care of the ball - minimize turnovers.

One of the factors resulting in Tatum's "bad passes" happens when he sets up near the sidelines.  It forces him to make long passes across the court, which are easy pickings.  Look for him to set up more in the middle of the court, with the resulting pass being much shorter.

The hope is that the offense would be initiated by one of our guards (Smart or White), but I imagine there is little hope of that happening the majority of the time.

2. Hit them fritos.

Every point counts.  

That's all folks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:21 pm

dboss wrote:Well here we are again standing on the precipice in an absolute must win game.

No need to beat the dead horse again.  It's dead to me.

Just go out there and compete the way that you know that you can.

“Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.”  (quote from Ms Rudolph)

Last edited by Ktron on Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:25 pm

That's about it. Nothing to add. It's Showtime!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by hawksnestbeach Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:52 pm

One game at a time two more times. It’s possible to beat GS twice; the C’s have already done it. With a bench so thin, we need more of Nesmith and Theis, and more minutes from RW unless he is doing permanent damage to himself. Smart looked good as a PG until he was hurt against Milwaukee. He came back into the game, hit a 3, but has been forcing passes ever since. Often he winds up before passing, telegraphing what’s coming.
White has been better than advertised, but Wiggins, a #1 pick, is superior. I think Nesmith could stay with Wiggins part of the game.
The offense works best when Tatum does not bring up the ball. The GS defense is set up to contain Tatum. When he’s the PG, that just makes it easier to double him and contain the rest.
If Brown hits his first few shots, we’re golden. If not, we’ll be talking what ifs and potential trades tomorrow.
Is Al 26 or 40? Younger, angrier version, tonight, please.
Because I’m an optimist and think this team can do it, I’ll get my what ifs out of the way now. What if we’d kept Moses Brown, Richardson, Schroeder and Langford and passed on White, Theis and the glee club at the end of the bench?
IMO, there’d already be another banner hoisted.
That said, I agree with Gyso. It has been a great ride, and winning it all is still within reach.
Go Celtics! hawk

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:05 pm

The Glee Club at the end of the bench. Perfect. Laughing

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:53 pm

Do not look to see change in our rotations however a few more minutes to spell the Jays is likely based on Ime's comments about fatigue.

This series would be over if not for all the turnovers.

Just give us a clean game.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down