Cetls vs Warriors - Championship Round - Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts

4 posters

Go down

Cetls vs Warriors - Championship Round - Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Cetls vs Warriors - Championship Round - Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by dboss Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:49 pm

The Celtics have not lost 2 games in a row during these playoffs.

We hope that trend continues for tonight's game 3 edition with GSW.

Everyone of us knows what they need to do to win this game. The Celtics and especially coach Udoka were pissed after losing game 2. Fans were like "here we go again"

A couple of observations

Grant Williams minutes are down significantly. He really does not look like he is playable in this series. It really looks like he is too slow against GS.

Theis is not getting a lot of run which is a continuation from previous series.

Derrick White has been the most consistent guy on our team over the past 4-5 games.

Ime may have to play Nesmith at least from a defensive standpoint if one of the J's gets in foul trouble.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Cetls vs Warriors - Championship Round - Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: Cetls vs Warriors - Championship Round - Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by worcester Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:56 pm

OMG - Nesmith? He may wilt like a flower in the Mojave under Finals lights. He couldn't handle regular season pressure. I wish him well and hope he regains his college shooting form, but Nesmith in the NBA Finals? I hope not.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Cetls vs Warriors - Championship Round - Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts Empty Re: Cetls vs Warriors - Championship Round - Game 3 - Pregame Thoughts

Post by hawksnestbeach Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:44 pm

dboss, I think you’re right that Nesmith may be needed, not a comforting thought. So much rides on Robert Williams’ legs, pretty much the story of the year. When he’s healthy the C’s are the best team in the NBA. When he’s hobbling he’s a liability and the C’s are iffy. Marcus is playing hurt, too, and Curry knows it. Al? Is there another game left in the wayback machine?
Tatum will be doubled and whoever’s open must shoot in rhythm. DW’s (to me) amazing improvement helps. Hope Al has an on-night.
If Nesmith were put on Curry with the idea of harassing the sht out of him (like Pippen on Mark Jackson eons ago) I think that strategy would pay off. Nesmith is in spurts a gifted defender and wouldn’t have to score much to stay in the game. When Curry is subpar, GS is beatable.
Tatum shouldn’t bring the ball up often, I’d play Theis over GW. The Js need their A game. I call this game a Moses Brown moment. Hopefully he won’t be needed and I will happily eat crow! Go Celtics!

hawksnestbeach

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:54 pm

Nesmith is most likely a break glass in case of fire, emergency player of last resort.

If he does get in without it first being a blowout in either direction... Bourbon, Scotch, or Beer?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:25 pm

Nesmith cannot hit the broad side of a barn but he is not a bad defender and he rebounds well.

We all understand his limitations. We need to also understand that our lack of wing depth may be an issue as this series goes on.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down