Footage of an NBA War Criminal. Next stop-Pelican Bay!

+8
dbrown4
cowens/oldschool
jrleftfoot
BingBang!
worcester
bobc33
Matty
Ktron
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Footage of an NBA War Criminal. Next stop-Pelican Bay! Empty Footage of an NBA War Criminal. Next stop-Pelican Bay!

Post by Ktron Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:44 pm

https://amp-includes.tmz.com/videos/2022-10-06-100622-draymond-green-1496125-925/

THIS IS A CRIME!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Footage of an NBA War Criminal. Next stop-Pelican Bay! Empty Re: Footage of an NBA War Criminal. Next stop-Pelican Bay!

Post by Matty Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:37 pm

Ktron wrote:https://amp-includes.tmz.com/videos/2022-10-06-100622-draymond-green-1496125-925/

THIS IS A CRIME!

I find it odd that one fella can use some "crude language" with a member of the opposite sex and despite that offensive/ unwanted use of words the same fella could find himself consensualy committing hanky-panky with same opposite sex member and seems to lose his job over it all. (in my book once you agree to hanky- panky, any prvious greivences are off the books, put behind ya)

Ive been around situations where hanky panky was about to be committed, and where its been suggested... crude language is quite often involved. cheers

But another fella busts another dood upside his head.. and still is employed?? scratch
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Footage of an NBA War Criminal. Next stop-Pelican Bay! Empty Re: Footage of an NBA War Criminal. Next stop-Pelican Bay!

Post by bobc33 Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:43 pm

I imagine two players beefing to the edge of blows, and once in a great while actual punches thrown, happens but we usually don’t see it or even hear of it.

This was quite the sucker punch though. Should be interesting to see what punishment Draymond receives, if any.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:34 pm

Maybe a Pay per View can be arranged for a 10 round boxing match between Draymond and Bobby Portis?

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:49 pm

Bobc33...excellent idea.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:13 pm

bobc33 wrote:Maybe a Pay per View can be arranged for a 10 round boxing match between Draymond and Bobby Portis?  

I’ll settle for a 10 round stare down.  Portis would punish that disgusting War Criminal!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:53 pm

vs Will Smith? The rules would be to somehow get the opponent to trust you so you could then sucker punch him.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:37 pm

Kermit Wasington and Rudy T come to mind
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:58 pm

Matty wrote:
Ktron wrote:https://amp-includes.tmz.com/videos/2022-10-06-100622-draymond-green-1496125-925/

THIS IS A CRIME!

I find it odd that one fella can use some "crude language" with a member of the opposite sex and despite that offensive/ unwanted use of words the same fella could find himself consensualy committing hanky-panky with same opposite sex member and seems to lose his job over it all.  (in my book once you agree to hanky- panky, any prvious greivences are  off the books, put behind ya)

Ive been around situations where hanky panky was about to be committed, and where its been suggested...  crude language is quite often involved.  cheers

But another fella busts another dood upside his head.. and still is employed??   scratch

Great point, was thinking the same thing myself, obviously you hit someone that hard on the street or in the supermarket you’d be thrown in jail. Draymond has money, a regular Joe could sue him for millions

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:01 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:Kermit Wasington and Rudy T  come to mind

Thank God no one was running into the force/fist. No question if Draymond didn’t catch him, dude was going down, how does a veteran do that to a teammate…???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:08 pm

On second and third look Green did catch him and he still went down….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:44 pm

A tale of two cities:
Boston - coach has consensual affair and gets suspended for a year.
SF: player non-consensually commits act of violence and gets to take a few days off to give his team "space."

Message from the NBA? Make war, not love?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by BingBang! Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:27 pm

Well they are called the Warriors.
BingBang!
BingBang!

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:55 pm

Bada bing bang!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:11 pm

Green could’ve killed Jordan with that one punch. That animal can apologize from now on. If he's not severely punished for this the wrong message is being sent.
What if Jordan had hit his head after going down (or before) and ended up in a coma or worse-dead?
The Warriors if not the league should send this criminal a message he’ll never forget.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:27 pm

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/draymond-green-jordan-poole-punch-draws-candid-damian-lillard-take.

Like the rest of the NBA world, Portland Trail Blazers star Damian Lillard has been watching the Warriors’ entire Draymond Green-Jordan Poole situation unfold from afar.L

And on Saturday, Lillard publicly weighed in on the altercation for the first time while speaking to reporters at practice.

“It’s unfortunate,” Lillard said (h/t Sean Highkin). “When you spend as much time with your teammates as we do, you want it to be positive and you want it to be respectful. But I’d be lying if I said there hasn’t been a lot of heated moments that I’ve seen in my career.

“I’m sure it happens in every locker room. You never wish to see that. I think what happens behind closed doors should stay that way … So I thought the fact that video came out is wrong.”

Green punched Poole during Golden State’s Wednesday practice; by Friday morning, video of the incident was published by TMZ Sports and a firestorm of hot takes followed as basketball fans, players and pundits alike watched the shocking footage.

But while Green has been widely admonished for his actions, Lillard’s take provided somewhat of a different perspective on the punch.

On the altercation itself, as wrong as it was, I think if you’re a boxing fan, in boxing, they say you’ve got to protect yourself at all times,” Lillard said. “I think Draymond, who I know pretty well, probably walked away from that situation saying, ‘I probably shouldn’t have done that to my teammate.’ And Jordan Poole’s probably walking away thinking, ‘When I push somebody, I should know that something may come back.’

“That’s it. It’s an unfortunate situation.”

The Oakland native was teammates with Green last summer as they headlined Team USA’s Tokyo Olympics roster. They went on to win a gold medal together -- just one of Lillard’s many accomplishments across his 10-year career.

It’s safe to say the six-time NBA All-Star has seen his fair share of dust-ups on the practice court, and he believes Green’s actions weren’t entirely unexpected.

“I think it’s become a thing in the NBA where it’s like, ‘Ain’t nobody gonna do nothing,’ ” Lillard said. “Everybody’s always quick to say that. So then when somebody does something, it’s the end of the world. Like I said, it’s unfortunate. But if two grown men are having words, and one pushes the other, you’ve got to assume that something might happen. That’s just how I saw it.”

RELATED: 'Winners win': Draymond believes punch won't affect Dubs' goal
Green is taking some time away from the Warriors following the incident, and told reporters on Saturday that he’ll repair his relationship with Poole on the young guard’s terms.

Whether or not Poole sees the situation similarly to Lillard, however, remains to be seen.

I thought Damian was smarter than this. His concern is-
1- Its unfortunate that the video was leaked. Typical
2- Its Jordans fault. He should have protected himself. Ok. Lets blame the victim. His response is a classic spousal abuse type blah.  How ignorant can one be?
Sure there are fights in practice but this incident should not be treated as a “oh well this happens on every team”  Its criminal assault plain and simple. Green needs to be arrested and charged. He won’t be. Just time off to “figure things out”. What a farce.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:58 pm

Ktron,
Yes it was a case of criminal battery.
Yes Dame is way off base trivialzing this.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:25 am

Wasn't the Celtics situation all handled internally? The League didn't really have any say in the proceedings, correct?

I think we ad nauseumed this topic with our deal but it all has to do with how that organization handles it and has it covered in their HR procedures. The League can offer advise on how it will a certain situation like this will affect the League as viewed by the public. But beyond that, this is a franchise decision. And, given what's at stake for GSW to repeat, Green will be back with little or no consequences. Fine maybe, but that's it. No missed regular season time.

If you think Ron Artest, the League had to get involved as fans were in the mix, game was on TV, etc. Didn't Ron's suspension come down from the League and not the team?

Does anyone have any incite(s) as to where the line is drawn before the League gets involved with the franchise in the proceedings? Just curious. Thank you in advance.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:51 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Wasn't the Celtics situation all handled internally?  The League didn't really have any say in the proceedings, correct?  

I think we ad nauseumed this topic with our deal but it all has to do with how that organization handles it and has it covered in their HR procedures.  The League can offer advise on how it will a certain situation like this will affect the League as viewed by the public.  But beyond that, this is a franchise decision.  And, given what's at stake for GSW to repeat, Green will be back with little or no consequences.  Fine maybe, but that's it.  No missed regular season time.    

If you think Ron Artest, the League had to get involved as fans were in the mix, game was on TV, etc.  Didn't Ron's suspension come down from the League and not the team?  

Does anyone have any incite(s) as to where the line is drawn before the League gets involved with the franchise in the proceedings?  Just curious.  Thank you in advance.    

db  
                                                                                                                      not sure, but I think league gets involved if it is in a game and practice skirmishes are a team matter. That's a distinction that would, I think, make sense, given that games are transmitted to the public through media that the league authorizes.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:59 pm

GSW need to do the right thing.

That to me means a suspension and a stiff fine, a requirement to attend anger management classes until further notice, a reading of the riot act to him and his agent.

Contrition and apologetic comments be damned! Green is
out-of-control.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:14 pm

Ron Artest was twice bumped into by his teammate who he twice warned "to get the f off me." The big palooka came at Artest a third time, and it was then that Artest broke his jaw. For that Artest was given an 8 game suspension and a fine. What Green did is far worse than what Artest did. No comparison.

I heard Green's public apology to his team, Poole, and Poole's family. My gal heard it too. We both agreedthere was no true sense of repentance, compassion or sincerity. Just perfunctory cya words.

If GSW management does not severely sanction Draymon I will lose all respect for the org as will Poole. I doubt Jordan will forgive Draymon or GSW if that happens.

The NBA is not the old NHL. Draymon should be convicted of criminal charges.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:21 pm

the real crime is the silly ass excuse Kerr made for not suspending Green. This is bs, this guy is a big bully and for some reason they are afraid of putting him in his place. Shame on Golden State, chumps not champs in my opinion
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:09 pm

I have always held Kerr in high esteem but this non move and his BS with Smart last year has made me come to really lose respect for him.
He complains about gun violence as he should but he lets his pet War Criminal run amuck, hurting and assaulting others. Frigging hypocrite

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:31 pm

I do not know if this is true but incidents like the one involving Green and Poole may be more common in the NBA than we known.

The punch was captured on video and without the video our take on the situation may be altered.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:39 pm

dboss wrote:I do not know if this is true but incidents like the one involving Green and Poole may be more common in the NBA than we known.

The punch was captured on video and without the video our take on the situation may be altered.

Ive heard that spill too, but insiders who i believe to be credible say that its not so. There is talking smack, pushing, shoving and there have been fights for sure but this with Green and Poole was not a fight. Or should I say with Green it was not.
They didn’t square off and go at it. Green committed assault and battery. A crime thats gone unpunished.
Also, as far as video goes, I’m sure there’s cameras in all the facilities. This one got leaked. Thats a good thing.
Of course without the video our take would be altered or we would not know at all but there was video that got out. The video allowed us to bear witness to a crime on the court. Hoo ray for the video!
It’s annoying to hear so many focus on the video and who leaked it. Its irrelevant. No one is upset with video. Its whats on the video thats appalling.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next