Just a Snapshot - Jayson and Jaylen December Numbers Through 5 games

4 posters

Go down

Just a Snapshot  -  Jayson and Jaylen December Numbers Through 5 games Empty Just a Snapshot - Jayson and Jaylen December Numbers Through 5 games

Post by dboss Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:00 pm

A quick snapshot through 5 December games where Boston is 3-2 reveals that Jaylen Brown has been our best player by far.

It is very easy to lose sight of things when Jayson Tatum's name comes up every single day as it relates to the MVP race. JB becomes somewhat of an afterthought.

In December JB is almost averaging 30 PPG.

He is averaging 29.8 PPG while shooting 52.2% from the field and 37.2% from deep.  His improved FT shooting continues.  In December, he has made 87.1% of his free throw attempts.  He is also averaging 9.6 rebounds and 4.2 assist.  His turnover are only 1.6 per game.

His scoring in those 5 games 31, 25, 22, 34 and 37.   He dropped 37 against the Heat and 31 last night vs GS.  

Jayson Tatum is not off to a good start in December.

He has averaged only 23.4PPG.  Why?  He is shooting only 40.6% from the field, 32.5% from deep and 73.3% from the line.  He is still rebounding at a high level (9.4 per game) but his assists are poor at 2.2 per game and he is also turning the ball over 4.6 per game.

His 5 game scoring numbers are 18, 25, 31, 29 and 14.

You will note that in our two signature losses to the Warriors and Heat he scored 18 and 14 points respectively.

This is a small sample size.  In this 5 game stretch which includes 4 out of 5 games on the road, Jaylen Brown has displayed a superior level on mental toughness.  Our MVP candidate has not.

I expect Jayson to get back to playing high quality basketball once he gets his head straightened out.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Just a Snapshot  -  Jayson and Jaylen December Numbers Through 5 games Empty Re: Just a Snapshot - Jayson and Jaylen December Numbers Through 5 games

Post by dbrown4 Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:45 am

+1, dboss. I pointed out in the GSW post game thread the fact that if JT doesn't get himself figured out in ALL games and figured out soon, the Finals will be a repeat but with us being swept. Steve Kerr showed with no mercy he has Boston's number and has us figured out. And evidently it doesn't take much. At least for now. And maybe even by the playoffs someone besides GS will have figured us out. That team is coming up Christmas Day. And they may stand in our way of making it back to the Finals at all. Not too good!! CJ's not just going to catapult us into the Finals and hang Banner 18. Lots of work, prayer and late nights will be on his agenda for the for foreseeable future.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Just a Snapshot  -  Jayson and Jaylen December Numbers Through 5 games Empty Re: Just a Snapshot - Jayson and Jaylen December Numbers Through 5 games

Post by dboss Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:39 am

Db

JT will be just fine. He is having another career year as is JB.

Again this is just a 5 game snapshot. Even great players will lay a few eggs along the way.

Look for JT to show out tonight against the Clippers.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:36 pm

Just finished watching some of the Shaq documentary on HBO. Its very good and I highly recommend it.
One thing that I never thought about:

Shaq didn't win a ring until his 9th season.

A few more while I’m at it :

Kobe his 5th

Lebron his 10th

Jordan his 8th

The J’s are in a good place. (Just don’t choke}

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:06 pm

ktron

I guess fans forget how long and hard it is to win even a title.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:21 pm

I don’t forget how hard it is to win a title. So I want us to maximize any opportunity we have, because it is so hard to get so close year after year. The team may be relatively young, but as we know there are no guarantees for the following year; nobody owes you anything in life, so we have to take advantage of our position now.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:51 pm

dboss wrote:ktron

I guess fans forget how long and hard it is to win even a title.

Paul Pierce 11 years

Kevin Garnett 14 years

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down