It’s Good to Know That Someone Has a Mission And Wants to Contribute. Its another thing when a feeling exists That You Can Only offer your Performance- The Jaylen Brown Situation…

5 posters

Go down

It’s Good to Know That Someone Has a Mission And Wants to Contribute. Its another thing when a feeling exists That You Can Only offer your Performance- The Jaylen Brown Situation… Empty It’s Good to Know That Someone Has a Mission And Wants to Contribute. Its another thing when a feeling exists That You Can Only offer your Performance- The Jaylen Brown Situation…

Post by Ktron Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:18 pm

I’m one of the 98% of sports and news talk listeners that never call into the show. Thats not an exaggeration, very few do and it’s usually the same ones over and over. Anyway….

After hearing what Justin Termine on NBA radio said yesterday about Jaylen Brown, that changes today. Today I am calling in.
Why?

Here’s what I heard from Termine yesterday:

“Brown needs to get a life. If Brown is this angry he needs to find another line of work. For God Sakes Jaylen, smile once in awhile. The guy never smiles (insert dog whistle here)

“You’re grumpy and want to get paid, I get it but your attitude stinks.” (I’m paraphrasing some of this. I cant remember every word but the gist of it is here)

“You’re selfish and need to get a life outside of basketball. Be thankful where you are for God sake”. He kept going with the diatribe while his co-host, Former NBA player Eddie Johnson tried to set him straight but couldn’t get a word in edgewise. The show was about to end at this point.
Termine says
“We don’t have enough time to hear what you have to say. We’ll pick it up tomorrow. Jaylen Brown..what a jerk”

Enough. Here I come. If I have to stay on hold for hours I don’t care, I’m getting on.

Here’s a guy who either knows nothing about Jaylen Brown other what he’s seen- Playing basketball on the court and once in a Blue Moon Jaylen addressing the public and the media.

I find this surprising because Justine Termine is probably one of the most prepared and well read hosts I’ve heard on radio.
So he’s either playing the game of fake controversy or he really doesn’t know Brown at all.

Either way, the former is worse and the ladder is almost as worse.
So TOday, for the first time evah, I’m dialing up.
Show starts at 3pm EST NBA Radio Channel 86. Wish me luck.

Here’s another but totally different take on the Brown situation as well as Jayson Tatum and the Celtics.

Last edited by Ktron on Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ktron

Back to top Go down

It’s Good to Know That Someone Has a Mission And Wants to Contribute. Its another thing when a feeling exists That You Can Only offer your Performance- The Jaylen Brown Situation… Empty Re: It’s Good to Know That Someone Has a Mission And Wants to Contribute. Its another thing when a feeling exists That You Can Only offer your Performance- The Jaylen Brown Situation…

Post by dboss Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:45 pm

ktron

Justin Termine is a moron.  I sure hope he is not one of the voters for the all NBA teams.

Last edited by dboss on Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

It’s Good to Know That Someone Has a Mission And Wants to Contribute. Its another thing when a feeling exists That You Can Only offer your Performance- The Jaylen Brown Situation… Empty Re: It’s Good to Know That Someone Has a Mission And Wants to Contribute. Its another thing when a feeling exists That You Can Only offer your Performance- The Jaylen Brown Situation…

Post by dboss Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:50 pm

Confirmed..Yes he gets to vote for the All NBA teams.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:16 pm

I would want no one else in the octagon with this guy but you, Ktron!  Let him have it!!  Please record it somehow or give us a link so for those of us that are technologically challenged can hear it!  

db

Last edited by dbrown4 on Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:35 pm

dboss wrote:ktron

Justin Termine is a moron.  I sure hope he is not one of the voters for the all NBA teams.

He does vote but as you can see from the silly video what he’s all about.

He really doesn't have to resort to this because he does prepare and for someone who's never played, he knows the game very well.
I’m believe he says things like yesterday to get people riled up and draw attention to himself.

I don't care for those kind of radio and tv personalities. If you’re very good at what you do you don't have to carry on like this.
Its fake. Listeners can sense when you don't believe what you're saying but unfortunately Sports Listeners don't care. The ones that do, don't listen.

I think his Brown take is mostly fake but he put it out there and someone(s) are probably going to believe it so i’m responding.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:37 pm

dbrown4 wrote:I would want on one else in the octagon with this guy but you, Ktron!  Let him have it!!  Please record it somehow or give us a link so for those of us that are technologically challenged can hear it!  

db

I will if they let me on. Producers screen and they can decide if you get through. I’m not gonna lie but I should.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:31 pm

Welp…… I never got on.

Had a nice talk with producer though but he couldn’t put me through until they went to the topic and you guessed it…they never addressed it. At least not while I was listening or on hold.  So I didn’t get to speak my piece about our Superstar but I will.

One other thing:
I mentioned earlier that the same folks call these programs and while I was holding this Warrior fan named Langston got through.
I go to the gym and swim 4 times a week at 5:00 CST. (Didn’t go today b/cuz I had an agenda) -)
I swear this dude is on every day on my way to the pool.
Producer came back to me while Langston was on and we talked for a few more minutes. I asked him, “what is with this Langston Dude? He calls everyday around the same time. He’s not sitting on hold waiting very long is he”?
The Producer said “No, Langston is one of the show’s plants. Its pre arranged.
They have him and a few other designated callers so thatnthey can go back and forth and create controversy.” Termine calls him a moron, Langston comes back at him and this goes on for 5-10 minutes at times.

Producer suspected and asked if I’d done radio and I told him yes and he said, “Then you should know”. I told him, I know it goes on, but never at any station I worked at.
I finished by suggesting he, the Producer tell the hosts that if they insist on carrying on everyday like this, at least rotate and alternate the times so that it’s not so obvious.
He told “Naw, I want to keep my job, the Program Director is the one charged with that and he doesn't bother to but you're right. Its very predictable”

Final note: Unlike Terrestrial radio, Siruis XM doesn't have to worry about ratings and advertising. They get their money from the folks like me who subscribe.

Says a lot about why their content is what it is…

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:42 am

Didn't listen to the podcast, don't plan to.  I have enough negativity flowing through me today as a result of last night's embarrassment to the Beal-and-Kuzma-less Wizards.

Having said that, if Ktron's quotes of Termine (I don't listen to radio, ESPECIALLY not talk show radio, and don't own a TV so I have no idea wtf he is), then he's an idiot.  Yet another reinforcing brick in the wall between me and talk show radio, and for that I am grateful to him.  

"You're selfish and should get a life"?  Really?  So, when he speaks out on non-basketball social issues that's not being community-oriented and "getting a life"?  Maybe just not the life he thinks Jaylen should have, huh?  Or is it not the community that Termine cares about?

Smile?  Does Brogdon smile on the court?  I don't believe I've ever seen that; not in Milwaukee nor in Indiana and almost certainly not in Boston.  Does the former NBA Rookie of the Year and usual starter who is now a 6th Man, and has a real good shot at being NBA 6th Man, have a bad attitude too?  Is Malcolm Brogdon, who is considered one of the most well-spoken, evenly-balanced and world-traveled NBA player, also an "angry black man" (dog whistle blown)?

Jaylen Brown is grateful for where he is.  That's why he's trying to give back.  He's standing up for what he considers to be injustices.  He's opening juice stores in Boston and creating jobs.  

I just googled him.  He's from Middletown, CT and went to Emerson in Boston, which is one of the top schools for broadcasting and communication in the country.  That makes him eloquent, perhaps even persuasive, almost certainly mellifluous.  Doesn't say a damn thing about his intelligence, there are other schools that lay down the mile markers for that.  When I lived in Boston I had a friend (actually a friend of my roommate's from High School) who went to Emerson.  GREAT radio voice, you could listen to him speak all day just as long as you didn't try to follow what he was saying.  A complete fool.  I couldn't listen to him more than a handful of seconds without getting a headache and wandering off to find something, anything, else to do besides listening to him.  Maybe Justin Termine is his professional alias and I just don't know it's him?

Now you know why I don't listen to talk radio, not sports and certainly not politics.  Now you know why I'm listening to music most of the time when I'm watching a Celtic game and not listening to Scal. I miss Mike Gorman but the juice I get from listening to him isn't worth the squeeze of having to listen to Scal too. I just needed someone to recount what one of those maroons said and I'm all hot-and-bothered, and it's only 6:25am and I'm only one sip into my tea here in rainy California.  Maybe I'll go see John Wick kill a ton of people today.  It'll calm me down.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:42 pm

bobheckler wrote:Didn't listen to the podcast, don't plan to.  I have enough negativity flowing through me today as a result of last night's embarrassment to the Beal-and-Kuzma-less Wizards.

Having said that, if Ktron's quotes of Termine (I don't listen to radio, ESPECIALLY not talk show radio, and don't own a TV so I have no idea wtf he is), then he's an idiot.  Yet another reinforcing brick in the wall between me and talk show radio, and for that I am grateful to him.  

"You're selfish and should get a life"?  Really?  So, when he speaks out on non-basketball social issues that's not being community-oriented and "getting a life"?  Maybe just not the life he thinks Jaylen should have, huh?  Or is it not the community that Termine cares about?

Smile?  Does Brogdon smile on the court?  I don't believe I've ever seen that; not in Milwaukee nor in Indiana and almost certainly not in Boston.  Does the former NBA Rookie of the Year and usual starter who is now a 6th Man, and has a real good shot at being NBA 6th Man, have a bad attitude too?  Is Malcolm Brogdon, who is considered one of the most well-spoken, evenly-balanced and world-traveled NBA player, also an "angry black man" (dog whistle blown)?

Jaylen Brown is grateful for where he is.  That's why he's trying to give back.  He's standing up for what he considers to be injustices.  He's opening juice stores in Boston and creating jobs.  

I just googled him.  He's from Middletown, CT and went to Emerson in Boston, which is one of the top schools for broadcasting and communication in the country.  That makes him eloquent, perhaps even persuasive, almost certainly mellifluous.  Doesn't say a damn thing about his intelligence, there are other schools that lay down the mile markers for that.  When I lived in Boston I had a friend (actually a friend of my roommate's from High School) who went to Emerson.  GREAT radio voice, you could listen to him speak all day just as long as you didn't try to follow what he was saying.  A complete fool.  I couldn't listen to him more than a handful of seconds without getting a headache and wandering off to find something, anything, else to do besides listening to him.  Maybe Justin Termine is his professional alias and I just don't know it's him?

Now you know why I don't listen to talk radio, not sports and certainly not politics.  Now you know why I'm listening to music most of the time when I'm watching a Celtic game and not listening to Scal.  I miss Mike Gorman but the juice I get from listening to him isn't worth the squeeze of having to listen to Scal too.  I just needed someone to recount what one of those maroons said and I'm all hot-and-bothered, and it's only 6:25am and I'm only one sip into my tea here in rainy California.  Maybe I'll go see John Wick kill a ton of people today.  It'll calm me down.

Bob

Bob, I feel ya. You couldn’t be more spot on!

I too needed calming down after I heard Termine’s runoff the other day.

I have listened to that and other shows off and on for a number of years. I used to listen a lot more back in the Dan Patrick ESPN days and even further back when I was still in Boston listening to Eddie Andelman and Jimmy Myers. Three of the best to ever crack a mic. Back then it was a lot different. It was a fun listen with humor, debates, stats and facts.

Termine is from the Boston area and claims the Celtics as his team but at least 75% of his Radio presentation is Schtick and taking extreme positions just to get a reaction in my opinion is hacky and contemptuous of the listeners.

I know how good Termine can be but it did tick me off. Eventually I settled down knowing that he’s trying to get a reaction on twitter and all of his other platforms.
Knowing that still ticks me off because it’s cheap character assassination to get a reaction and serve his purpose.

There are a number of hosts out there doing the same thing-taking positions designed to get attention instead of taking an honest position and presenting it in the most entertaining way possible.

Some feel that “this is sports” -trolling to get a reaction is pretty much what sports fans do to each other, so doing it on sports radio is reflective of that. I don’t see that as being necessary but here we are.

Termine knows that what he said about Brown isn’t true and as I said thats even worse in my book. Eddie Johnson asked for Celtics fans to call in but it was conveniently at the end of the show. They then said that they were going to talk more about it and have Celtics fans call in yesterday. It never happened and I listened almost the entire time even when I was put on perpetual hold.

Unfortunately there are too many shows and “personalities” like him that I care to mention. I won’t coach it.
It’s dishonest showmanship that casts a negative Halo effect on sports radio in general.

There are not many Dan Patricks walking through those studio doors these days. Its sad and too bad.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:33 am

Good for you, Ktron. I was wondering when you were going to take that step back and realize this idiot had gotten you riled up! You talk about that trap all the time.

But it's like humor. Everything is funny until the joke is on you. But your passion and love for the Celtics and its players are unmistakable, refreshing and clear as day. The Celtics need more and more fans like you. You, my friend, are priceless.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:13 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Good for you, Ktron.  I was wondering when you were going to take that step back and realize this idiot had gotten you riled up!  You talk about that trap all the time.  

But it's like humor.  Everything is funny until the joke is on you.  But your passion and love for the Celtics and its players are unmistakable, refreshing and clear as day.  The Celtics need more and more fans like you.  You, my friend, are priceless.    

db      
Thanks db but I hate to disappoint you. I do have a price if someone’s willing to pay it. Very Happy
BTW, I did waste my time by going over to Twitter to give Termine and Johnson the blues and forgot that Johnson blocked me over a year ago. He called me “Stoop” and I responded with something not so nice.
To hell with both of em. LOL

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:48 pm

As I look back, Ktron, I realize that I meant to say/imply that he was picking on someone near and dear to your Celtic heart. My bad!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:45 pm

dbrown4 wrote:As I look back, Ktron, I realize that I meant to say/imply that he was picking on someone near and dear to your Celtic heart.  My bad!

db  
Its all good Bro!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:50 pm

He is angry because Jaylen DOES have a life, apparently one the fool doeI doesn't agree with. I doubt that it's the fact that Jaylen has lectured at Harvard, was an honor student at Berkeley, and is a veep of the player's association . Could it possibly be that civil rights stuff? Somebody needs to tell that jamoke that black folks don't have to smile for massa any more.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down