Non-Celtic Trades

3 posters

Go down

Non-Celtic Trades Empty Non-Celtic Trades

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:49 pm

Woj reporting the Knicks and Pacers are finalizing a trade to move Obi Toppin for two 2nd round picks.

This kid was the #8 pick in 2020, and now he's being traded for a pair of 2nds.  Wow.  The Knicks never cease to amaze me.  

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Non-Celtic Trades Empty Re: Non-Celtic Trades

Post by worcester Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:51 pm

And the Knicks drafted Toppins kid bro in the 2nd round. Weird..
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:35 pm

Was Thinking about the Lillard decision to ask for a trade.

I read somewhere that his trade request was prompted by Portland drafting his replacement.  He wanted them to trade the pick to acquire a high quality veteran to make the team more competitive around him.

I think Portland planned it this way.  They put dame in a 'no win here' situation.   Now they expect a King's ransom in return.  No one wants to give up an allstar player in a trade with them.  I see no pathway with Philly because they would want Maxey as part of a deal and James Harden has worn out his welcome everywhere. What team in their right mind would want him? 

The Nets could throw Ben Simmons into the mix but no one knows if he is still active in the NBA... lol

His preferred team, the Heat, can start with Tyler Herro but how can they make the numbers work if Kyle Lowry (one year left) is not included.  Even so, the Heat do not have the draft assets to make a deal for Lillard.   That Danny Ainge raised impossible expectations for getting a return.  

I have seen a few blogs that suggest the Celtics should trade JB for Lillard even though Lillard like so many other players have emphatically stated that they did not want to go to Boston.  Beside that fact, no team would trade an all NBA player and still relatively young player, for Lillard.  

I think the Lillard thing could drag on for a while and since Portland is not going anywhere fast, it really does not make a difference.  I think the Harden issue in Philly is a lot more intriguing as it impacts a team that should be top 4 or 5 in the East.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down