Post Game Thread - Celtics spank Cavs 106-87

+3
steve3344
jeb
dboss
7 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - Celtics spank Cavs 106-87 Empty Post Game Thread - Celtics spank Cavs 106-87

Post by dboss Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:04 pm

The Celtics paid the Cavs back for their game 2 loss. Strange how the schedule works.

Rajon Rondo put his stamp on the game. The Celtics struggled halfway through the 1st quarter and then Rajon took over driving to the hoop and scoring at will.

Rajon scored 11 points in the 1st quarter finishing up with another double double. At some point in the game the Cavs realized that they could not win this game because Boston again forced their will on this team. They better save their emotion for the Lebron appearance.

The Celtics are now 13-4 and continue to develop great chemistry. The bench played great (especially Daniels and baby)

When do the playoffs start? The Celtics are on pace to win 60+ games.

This team is better offensively than it was in 2008.

Comments?

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - Celtics spank Cavs 106-87 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - Celtics spank Cavs 106-87

Post by jeb Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:21 pm

first thing i noticed was balance and low low minutes for everybody. Rajon just owned this game.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - Celtics spank Cavs 106-87 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - Celtics spank Cavs 106-87

Post by steve3344 Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:32 pm

jeb wrote:first thing i noticed was balance and low low minutes for everybody. Rajon just owned this game.

Rajon played 38 and with his various injuries I wasn't thrilled to see him still out there with a 17 point lead and a little more than 4 minutes to go. Should've been out earlier.

Last edited by steve3344 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:37 pm

Hickson has had several big games against us offensively the last couple years but only had one point in 24 minutes tonight. KG had a big hand in that.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:36 am

dboss wrote:The Celtics paid the Cavs back for their game 2 loss. Strange how the schedule works.

Rajon Rondo put his stamp on the game. The Celtics struggled halfway through the 1st quarter and then Rajon took over driving to the hoop and scoring at will.

Rajon scored 11 points in the 1st quarter finishing up with another double double. At some point in the game the Cavs realized that they could not win this game because Boston again forced their will on this team. They better save their emotion for the Lebron appearance.

The Celtics are now 13-4 and continue to develop great chemistry. The bench played great (especially Daniels and baby)

When do the playoffs start? The Celtics are on pace to win 60+ games.

This team is better offensively than it was in 2008.

Comments?

dboss

good call dboss,the offense is way better than 07-08,the chemistry is so much better and Rondo is so elite right now,the way he sets the pace and finds his teammates is such a joy to watch,were getting so many easy baskets now,nobody cares who scores.Constantly exploiting right match up and situation.....it all starts with Rondo.If we can get JO,Perk and Delonte back we can be better than 08.KG and Shaq at this advanced age can still take over that paint,they're obviously having alot of fun.WAY!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:06 am

My two cents for what they are worth:

I don't know if any of you saw the NBATV/TNT post game banter that followed the game as well as Ray Allen's interview, but they were very revealing and interesting.

1) Kevin McHale and CWebb made some great comments and flashbacks to the 80's and 60's about the Celtics and their play overall. The Celtics have entered into the zone that few teams if ever accomplish. At least they are playing that way. I'm quite certain I have heard from Sam as well as others that actually lived that era say things similar to the "Celtics are playing against themselves and could care less about what the competition is doing." That's a Mt. Everest-type statement in the world of basketball. I can't even imagine what that feels like where the goal looks like an ocean, your team is the only one on the court and you cannot be stopped by anyone. I can only hope my family life and business life would one day even come close to that. Sounds very eerily like Russell-Talk to me. Corollary to "When we lost, we thought it was a mistake." Kevin started getting humorous with his comparisons of the Celtics to sausage grinders on offense and defense as well as a pack of rabid wovles coming to town.

2) Ray's interview was even more compelling. The Celtics are pissed they are not undefeated. Ray is such a great calm confident voice in this Miami-crazed season. He's not a trash talking. Just a very confident man. He also said he could easily run a marathon. I think his mom is training for one right now. I believe him. Wow! How did Danny know to pluck this guy out of the NBA world?

3) What a perfect display of the awesome power of a fully operational death star last night, injuries and all. Clearly, I wasn't expecting anything like that.

4) Shaq made a comment recently about this being the best team he has ever played for, bar none. Maybe he was poking at Kobe or something, but nonetheless, I liked it.

5) While this game was payback, Friday's game is marked as where we are amongst the East elite. As Doc and Byron were shaking hands and laughing surprisingly, I think Doc told him we have set you up for Thursday. Please go in there and blow Miami back the the @$&^&*ing Great Wall of China. To which Byron says, "Thank you. And we will." Chicago is looking very good and would be off the charts if LeBron would have said yes to them. Instead he is in another place.

While Sam and Co. had to drag and glimmer most of us through the playoffs last season all the way to Game 7 less 4 points to convince us not to throw in the towel, this is an early gamma ray burst of what is hopefully to come. Not to get ahead of ourselves because of the always bumpy road ahead, but enjoy what you are seeing today to say the least.

dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:39 am

Hi,
My impression of the game can be described as follows.
A beast comes across a prey. A short chase. The prey is cornered, nowhere to run. The beast hypnotizes the prey and starts devour it. The prey understands what's going on but can't do anything.

BTW, Dboss mentioned "....Boston again forced their will on this team..." Exactly the same was said a couple of times by Cavs announcers during the game.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:57 am

i was working, caught moments of the game when i could, so this review is most helpful and appreciated.

sounds from post-game and other desriptions like RR took the over scoring early when his other offensive options weren't producing, then went back to distribution as the other players got rolling, to produce a nicely rounded all-around effort. kudos to him, he's getting very savvy.

glad to hear good things about Quis. i like him and the few minutes i saw, he coughed it up and produced an offensive charge. apparently those were just off moments in an otherwise solid effort.
Shaq looked good to me. the little i saw, i liked his effort.

how often did i just say "effort"?? that's what they need to have, and they're getting it. they're bringing the effort - energy, hustle, motivation - that they need to bring every night, and it's a pleasure to watch, isn't it?

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down