Final Roster spot(s)?

4 posters

Go down

Final Roster spot(s)? Empty Final Roster spot(s)?

Post by beat Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:09 pm

Still 1 roster spot to fill (I am including Chris Johnson)

So whom do we go after? What do we look for?

I haven't a clue. Do we keep Johnson?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Final Roster spot(s)? Empty Re: Final Roster spot(s)?

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:39 pm

1 - Rondo, West, Bradley
2 - Ray, West, Wafer
3 - Pierce, Green
4 - KG, Davis, Green, Murphy (assuming the rumors are true)
5 - Shaq, Nenad, JON, Johnson

When you look at it like this, we're still thinnest at 3. Corey Brewer would be great. If he's not available then I'd still be willing to look at DeShawn Sims with Maine. Lockdown defenders are always welcome in green.

Considering the fragility of Shaq and JON I'd like to get some beef in case we need it because he/they can't play. We haven't had both of them healthy and playing all season (I think), so why should we assume they will be in the playoffs, when the games become tougher and there are fewer days off to recover.

I know that's two players, not one. I think, if we could get some decent beef (Magloire?), I'd be willing to send Johnson back down.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:56 pm

Bob

I'd go with the beef before another 3. And if we do go that route, send Johnson back down or whereever he came from, and get Brewer or something like um.

I'm not sold by a mile on Magloire. I'd go with the that Mike Sweetney kid we had in camp a couple years ago if he's still on the planet. I think I saw Maglorie on a milk carton the other day. Think Leonard Nimoy is out searching for him right now!

beat

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:11 pm

beat wrote:Bob

I'd go with the beef before another 3. And if we do go that route, send Johnson back down or whereever he came from, and get Brewer or something like um.

I'm not sold by a mile on Magloire. I'd go with the that Mike Sweetney kid we had in camp a couple years ago if he's still on the planet. I think I saw Maglorie on a milk carton the other day. Think Leonard Nimoy is out searching for him right now!

beat

beat

beat,

At 6'8", 270# Mike Sweetney IS a planet.

I'm not sold completely on Magloire either, but it's 2 a.m., the lights have come on and, if you're going to take someone home with you, you gotta choose from who is left. From what I know Magloire isn't available and, now that I think of it, since it's 3/1 and hasn't been released, he couldn't play for us in the playoffs anyway. So bag him.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:14 pm

Looks like Arroyo is the odd man out in Miami after they sign Bibby. Pretty surprised that they would cut Arroyo ahead of Maglorie or Howard, though of course they may not be done.
http://twitter.com/WallaceHeatNBA/statuses/42642815901110272
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:23 pm

bobheckler wrote:
beat wrote:Bob

beat

beat

beat,

At 6'8", 270# Mike Sweetney IS a planet.

I'm not sold completely on Magloire either, but it's 2 a.m., the lights have come on and, if you're going to take someone home with you, you gotta choose from who is left. From what I know Magloire isn't available and, now that I think of it, since it's 3/1 and hasn't been released, he couldn't play for us in the playoffs anyway. So bag him.

bob

And I'm sure the 270 LBS was the 2009 version too. (so how many rings/tire)s are there around Sweetney....er I mean Saturn anyway?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Beat,

If that was the 2009 version then by now Sweetney is likely closing in on Solar System status.
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:39 am

Ok, so now we have:

5- Shaq/JON/Krstic (aka ?/?/?)
4- KG/Davis/Green/Murphy
3- PP/Green/Pavlovic (I'm having trouble saying "Sasha")
2- Ray/West/Wafer/Pavlovic
1- Rondo/West/Bradley

That's 14 players (not including Chris Johnson, who is on a 10-day). Only 12 can suit up, but you want more, not just for practice but in case some go down in/or near the playoffs.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:04 pm

Bob,

I think with the Pav signing the roster is set, think it's likely they'll keep Johnson around instead of signing another body.

Btw your not the only one having trouble saying Sasha Smile.
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:11 pm

I think we need to add another point guard. Concerned that west still has the injury bug.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down