+4
cowens/oldschool
beat
TickTock
Matty
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Heat vs Big Three- who can they beat? Empty Heat vs Big Three- who can they beat?

Post by Matty Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:19 am

They're the winners of the next 6 or 7 NBA titles, the 43-19 team which will still finda way to finnish the season 72-10 or better over the next 20 games, and this afternoon they face the former Celtics asstiant coach Thibs and his band of younglings.

Looking at this game when the schedule first came out im sure we would have known that this game would likely be part of a 20 game or so win streak by the Heat and the Bulls would simply save their fans some embareesement and forefit the game right?

Only when the Bulls show up to Miami's court they have no plans to give up the game, as a matter of a fact the Bulls currently have a BETTER record than Miami! What is more, the Bull have already beaten Miami twice this season. A loss again to the Bulls by Miami could be a sign of worse things to come for the Heat come playoff time and they have to play the Bulls at some point. Actualy that could be said of all three ofthe East's other big teams- the Big Three Miami will have to get past to make it to the finals.

a quick rundown
Miami is 0-3 VS Boston with a final game between the two left in Miami
Miami is 2-2 VS Orlando having just been embarresed days ago by losing a 24 pt lead and losing to Howard Inc.
Miami is 0-2 vs Chicago with this game left today on the schedule

While the Heat will likely have homecourt advantage over Orlando how confident can they be vs Chicago and Boston when so far their 0-5 against them this season?

Looking at the previos games the Heat simply had no answer for Howard whose averaged almost 18 points and 15 rebounds a game against them (miami has won only 1 rebounding war vs orlando this season). Miami has also been unable to do much to leval the playing feild on 3 pters either- Orlando takes more (115-69) and is much more effective, couple that with getting second chances at scoring Miami has to make some adjustments to their game when Orlando is consistently able to score more effectively and outrebound them- in other words, besides finding a way to nuetralize Howard they got a lot of work to do if they meet in the playoffs & last time i looked, Kendrick Perkins was in Oklahomah.

Against the Bulls who they'll play today Miami is 0-2 having lost both games by a mere 7 points, but was out rebounded in both games 42-30 and 53-39, in one game they made 15-20 3 pters (bulls were 7-19) but still lost by 3. The Bulls Key to victory's againt Miami is just play their own game and perhaps work little harder at keeping Miami from getting to the line and Blowouts could become real possiblity.

Against Boston Miami has all kinds of trouble, it doesnt matter if they outrebound the Celtics, Boston has in all 3 games been a much more effective shooting team (46%-36%, 54%-50%, 42%-41%) and in the last 2 games have hed Miami to just under 19% from 3 pt range. Another issue facing Miami against Boston has been an inability to stop Rondo whose registered a triple double against Miami, and more recently did what very few defenders have done to Lebron James, turn his back to the basket and take him damn near completely out of his game.. The Boston has the better bench, coach and Ray who can more than hold hisown VS Wade (whose quickly getting banged up while Allen is having a career season, a healthy KG, Paul who just found a guy who can rest him ect... Boston will also likely have homecourt advantage.. Another issue Miami faces with Boston- they've lost to Boston every time when Boston has been d@mn near crippled with guys out for suspensions/injuries- can they expect to beat a HEATHY Boston? The only thing in their favor is- There hasnt yet been a HEALTHY Boston yet..

But lets imagine Miami could get past everyone in the East.. then theres that team that just whallopped 'em 122-95 to contend with..

Ya know, looking at the record of the Heat vs all the above mentioned teams i realized that the Heat were 2-8 so far and at first thought maybe a lot of those games were due to the Heat being exhausted, untill i discovered that the Heat played only 1 of those games after playing the night before. No wonder Spatula and Riley had no clue what to do to improve the Heat a few nights ago..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Heat vs Big Three- who can they beat? Empty Re: Heat vs Big Three- who can they beat?

Post by TickTock Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:09 pm

Matty wrote: They're the winners of the next 6 or 7 NBA titles, the 43-19 team which will still finda way to finnish the season 72-10 or better over the next 20 games...

Lol love the sarcasm Matty.
Has anyone thought of how colossal it would be if the Heat's big three never won a title. Just imagine the reaction of the pundits. I haven't been around long enough to pull one off the top of my head but is there any other situation it would even compare to?
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Heat vs Big Three- who can they beat? Empty Re: Heat vs Big Three- who can they beat?

Post by beat Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:22 pm

tick

perhaps not quite the same but in 1969 the lakers aquired Wilt, which allowed them to have a so called big three with West and Baylor. Lost to the Celt's in 7 that year, then the following year lost in the Conference finals to the Bucks but did manage to win it all the following year 1971.....but Baylor was not part of it by then.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:38 pm

I don't think Heat is lock to win in a couple years when this years contending teams are older, parts don't fit and they're so bad at the 4-8 positions, all limited one dimensional players. Its actually quite amazing how much Danny has restocked the roster after the Big 3.Ray and Pierce taking a pay cut helped, but Miami can't do that......after 2012 when Riley sees its not working and that Bosh gives up more than he gets, Riley would probably trade him, they're better with a Big 2 and some intangible role players.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Beat,

You forgot about those damned Knicks Smile .

Lakers lost to the Knicks in the 70 finals and then lost to the Bucks in 71. Baylor retired in 72, the year in which they did win the title.

Anyways back to the Heat, these guys are supposed to be together in the prime of their careers for what the next 4-7 years? Not winning a title in that time when you have two top 5 players, one of those arguably the best, would be an astounding thing. I'm not even sure that there is/would be anything you could compare it to were it to happen. Not to mention the longer they go without a title the more weight the monkey on the back will put on till they're eventually trying to carry Rex Ryan (which of course is impossible).
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:10 pm

TickTock wrote:Beat,

You forgot about those damned Knicks Smile .

Lakers lost to the Knicks in the 70 finals and then lost to the Bucks in 71. Baylor retired in 72, the year in which they did win the title.

Anyways back to the Heat, these guys are supposed to be together in the prime of their careers for what the next 4-7 years? Not winning a title in that time when you have two top 5 players, one of those arguably the best, would be an astounding thing. I'm not even sure that there is/would be anything you could compare it to were it to happen. Not to mention the longer they go without a title the more weight the monkey on the back will put on till they're eventually trying to carry Rex Ryan (which of course is impossible).

Geesh my brain if fried......1970.....Reed walking out in game seven, playing few minutes scoring 4 points and the lakers were lost.

thanks for a correction that never should have to have been made! If I was thinking

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Don't worry about it, happens and will continue to happen to us all.
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:22 pm

TickTock wrote:
Matty wrote: They're the winners of the next 6 or 7 NBA titles, the 43-19 team which will still finda way to finnish the season 72-10 or better over the next 20 games...

Lol love the sarcasm Matty.
Has anyone thought of how colossal it would be if the Heat's big three never won a title. Just imagine the reaction of the pundits. I haven't been around long enough to pull one off the top of my head but is there any other situation it would even compare to?

or even better, in a few more yrs when the cavs have 2 or 3 # 1 picks they take out the Heat on their way to winning a title BEFORE the heat as has been prophesied...

if the Celtics CANT win a title, thats a plan B i find acceptable

but yeah, id enjoy the irony of Miami never getting a title with the current lot
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:28 pm

actually pulling for the three a ME go's due to standings. But in reality I cant stand either team. I bet the Heat lose this game. They just cant hack it agin the good teams.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:31 pm

That would be ironic Matty. Would love to see Lebron's face if that happened.

Btw I don't know if you saw but the offer of cake and a glass tea (or whatever else) stands for you and anybody else on the board who makes to Berlin after I move there next year Smile .
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Tick,
europe is on the bucketlist.. i'll get there, just a matter of when, got 45,000 miles (litteraly) of hiking to finnish up here in the states first though- keep the (cheese)cake ready though, i will get there!

Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by TickTock Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Matty,

You got it, it'll be waiting for you Smile.
TickTock
TickTock

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:17 pm

heat just cant get it done in big moments...jeeze they are sad.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:25 pm

spoke too soon the jayhawk chalmers CAN hit a shot under pressure, aw well good for us. Hell with both of em.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:31 pm

heat find a way to lose, yet again. Nothing new.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Lebron has NO confidence in his mid range game and NO post up game......his drives in end game situations can and have been stopped AGAIN.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:35 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Lebron has NO confidence in his mid range game and NO post up game......his drives in end game situations can and have been stopped AGAIN.

i consider this one of the Heat's greatest weaknesses "“I told my team, I’m not going to continue to fail late in games,” James said. “I put a lot of blame on myself tonight. I told the guys that I just keep failing them late in games and I won’t continue to do that.”

If James ever learns to structure that sentance like this: “I told the rest of the team, we're not going to continue to fail late in games,, we put a lot of blame on ourselves tonight. All of us just keep failing each other late in games and we cant continue to do that.” The they've got a good shot at winning a title, never before then though.

Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Matty Cow

Just plays before the King tossed the ball and Chalmers buried the three, the absolute correct thing for him to do at that moment. Next time down the court they swung the ball around to an open chalmeers and with Noah diving at him Chalmers went in for an uncontested layup...........then the finish questionable fouls ect but on the last play down one Bron held and dribbled out so much of the clock that after he missed and Wade got the ball on the rebound (by the way if you look at the baseline camera Wade was out of bounds when he first touched the ball) he had virtually NO TIME to actually square up and take a good shot.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:58 pm

leBron is driving from the top of the key and allowing defenders to get set for him and the other 4 Heat are just standing around. This Heat team is very easy to defend against. They make it easy for opponents at the end of games. Their failures are a matter of poor coaching and/or disobedient players not complying with the proper game plan.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:07 pm

hey worcester

Who's the babe!?
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Jeb, The babe is Sally, age 56 (9 years old than Donna, but much more mature in a good way. like a fine wine). We really have been getting along extremely well. Most fun I've had with a woman in years, and we've not come anywhere close to being sexually involved. Just dinners, dancing, walks on the beach, holding hands, swimming, talking about the trials and tribulations of raising children, and politely restrained (on my part) good night kisses. It's been exceptionally heart warming for both of us. Only downside is that she's leaving tomorrow for the next 7 weeks, picking up a 47' yacht deep in the Southern Caribbean, and sailing it herself back to Sarasota. Que sera, sera. Truthfully I'm looking for a keeper and not a conquest, and I'd like it to be her. Time will tell.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:40 pm

worcester wrote:Jeb, The babe is Sally, age 56 (9 years old than Donna, but much more mature in a good way. like a fine wine). We really have been getting along extremely well. Most fun I've had with a woman in years, and we've not come anywhere close to being sexually involved. Just dinners, dancing, walks on the beach, holding hands, swimming, talking about the trials and tribulations of raising children, and politely restrained (on my part) good night kisses. It's been exceptionally heart warming for both of us. Only downside is that she's leaving tomorrow for the next 7 weeks, picking up a 47' yacht deep in the Southern Caribbean, and sailing it herself back to Sarasota. Que sera, sera. Truthfully I'm looking for a keeper and not a conquest, and I'd like it to be her. Time will tell.

worcester,

Sorry to interrupt your post to jeb but I wanted to say that what you wrote above is a great story and she is a beautiful woman. She looks 40 at most.
I hope she is the one for you and it works out well for you.

Last edited by tjmakz on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Errant word)
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Thanks TJ. Her beauty really comes form the inside.

And I hope for our sake that either the Celts or Lakers win the next championship.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Worcester

Nice work buddy. She is beautiful.

Your pal.

Jeb

(I got a pretty good mid term report card from my oncologist)
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:49 pm

W,

Funny, on another thread, I just wrote to you that she looks like a very nice person. Sorry, but I'm not buying the age. No way. She looks at least a couple of generations younger.

Is she sailing a 47-footer back alone? Holy mackeral. She must be some kind of sailor! Wish her godspeed from the board.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next