Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame Nominations

4 posters

Go down

Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame Nominations Empty Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame Nominations

Post by Sam Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Okay, it's Hall of Fame nomination time on the board. Following are the ground rules as posted last year. Changes are noted in red.

Hall of Fame Selection Process

Each September, Forum members who are deemed by the membership to have made significant contributions to the Forum will be inducted. The procedure, which is still evolving as we write this (as of July, 2011), will tentatively be as follows:

• Around mid-August of each year, a thread will be started, asking for nominations for that year’s candidates. (Note: We waited until September this year.)

• In late August, a poll will be conducted to select the five finalists for that year. (Note: Change that to "late September or early October" this year, depending upon when the nominations are barely trickling in.) No voter may nominate more than three people.

• In September, the five top vote-getters (more in case of ties) will be declared finalists, and a final poll will be run to select
winners for that year. Each member may vote for only one candidate in the final voting.

• In 2012, the top two vote-getters in the final voting will be inducted. More in case of ties. To be inducted, a candidate must receive at least three votes.[/color]

Feel free to make your nominations of candidates in any of three ways:

• Publicly on this thread

• Privately via private message

• Privately via my email (SlipSamCelt@aol.com)

We need a lot of participation because the requirements for election have deliberately been tightened. Good luck to everyone.

Sam

Last edited by sam on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame Nominations Empty Re: Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame Nominations

Post by gyso Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Sam,

I hereby nominate 112288!!!

gyso

Back to top Go down

Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame Nominations Empty Re: Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame Nominations

Post by Sam Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Gyso,

Thanks. He's on the list of candidates. And, by the way, if anyone wishes to elaborate on the reasons for nominating a board member, I'm sure it would be appreciated by all concerned. No negative campaigning though. We're up to our eyebrows in that crap in the current political season. (Not that I believe anyone on this board would do that sort of thing—seriously.)

Sam

Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:04 am

Okay, we haven't had any new nominations for several days. This will be the last call for nominations, which will be terminated at midnight, Tuesday, September 25. After that, I'll start a poll to elect this year's inductees to the Sam's Celtics Forum Hall of Fame.

Thanks to all who have submitted names of nominees. We have nine so far.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:28 am

i dont feel right about nominating anyone.. it seems to me everyone on the board deserves the honor.. i cant pick anyone above another any more.

- Matty
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:42 am

MAtty seems to be the father of the "Gradfathering In" concept. Food for thought and morsels to meditate.

MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:07 pm

MD and Matty,

I'm familiar with the term "grandfathering" but not with "grandfathering in." Does that mean that everyone who joined by a certain time (including those who seldom or never post now) should be included in our hall of fame? I'm probably misunderstanding, for which I apologize.

Perhaps a more pertinent issue is the fact that we have (I'm just guessing here) perhaps 50 members who post with some degree of frequency. And I agree with both of you that tremendous value is placed on each one of them. Is it appropriate to recognize them a few at a time, or should there be a blanket induction? My concern about the latter is that I can't help but feel that it would devalue the honor of being selected. Unless the membership size grows faster than it has been doing, a large portion of the membership will probably be in our hall of fame five years from now (just to pick a figure). But they'll have been singled out each year for their most significant contributions—many of which are unique.

Personally, I'd rather keep the honor more selective, though not at all exclusive. But this is a board for all the members, not for me, so maybe people would like to weigh in on the current policy of admitting three (plus ties) members per year. Maybe we'll run a preliminary poll to refine the ground rules before voting on this year's inductees.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down