MDCelticsFan
sinus007
gyso
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2

Post by steve3344 Wed May 02, 2012 1:55 pm

Berlin-T wrote:I hope somebody on this board is happy we won the game.

As Curly used to say so eloquently, "Coitenly!"

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed May 02, 2012 3:13 pm

BERLIN---ME!! I AM THRILLED. A GREAT GAME BY THE ENTIRE TEAM. EACH GUY HAD A PART IN THE WIN. A BIG HOORAY OUT TO DOOLING, HITTING THOSE TWO THREES WHEN HE DID WAS HUGE. MARQUIS PLAYED FANTASTIC DEFENSE, EVEN HOLLINS GOT A COUPLE OF KEY REBOUNDS. SO............

I KNOW COWENS WILL AGREE WITH ME, I AM STILL YELLING TO EVERY ONE:

"I TOLD YOU THEY WOULD WIN!!!"

ROSALIE
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Wed May 02, 2012 4:23 pm

No question that Paul's a flake but at least he's our flake.

What's fascinating to me is the contrast between Paul Pierce and Joe Johnson. Johnson has the edge in speed and athleticism, he has plenty of experience, and, by all that they're paying him, should have put that team on his shoulders. He has the skills to do it but there's something missing. Whatever that is, Pierce has all he can handle. Is that what made Paul do the silly thing he did? Maybe. Prpbably. It's all about hormones and apparently they're adding testosterone to the Atlanta water supply these days.

The old-timers trash talked plenty. Why did Wilt chase Sam Jones around the Garden? Sam said something offensive. And Russ's favorite intimidation line was, "Bring the salt and pepper cuz your eating the ball tonight." (He never said such things to Wilt or Oscar, though.)

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed May 02, 2012 5:09 pm

beat wrote:From the "other" side of the fence

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/367628-tebowed/

beat

beat,

I especially like the last post (at least, as of the time of this post):

We really are a joke. Please pass the...

That says it all.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed May 02, 2012 6:23 pm

Bradley highlights:

For someone who didn't get a lot of minutes, he made his presence known:

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed May 02, 2012 8:17 pm

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 6a01156f2c3287970c016766019726970b-600wi

Sasha putting it on the floor for a layup, after faking the 3

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 6a01156f2c3287970c016305152d9f970d-popup

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 6a01156f2c3287970c016766087fd8970b-600wi

A meeting at the summit

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 6a01156f2c3287970c0168eb0ae4d0970c-600wi

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 6a01156f2c3287970c0168eb0ae518970c-600wi

A good foul by Teague. Great attack by KG.

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 6a01156f2c3287970c0168eb0ae7e3970c-600wi

Yeah, that's right, you're beat.

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 6a01156f2c3287970c016766088400970b-600wi

Sasha, on Joe Johnson

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 6a01156f2c3287970c016305153380970d-600wi

Bradley, making the right play on a 2-on-1 fast break

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 6a01156f2c3287970c016305153b6e970d-600wi

The Captain, leading the attack

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 6a01156f2c3287970c016766088e0a970b-600wi

Bradley, with complete confidence now in his jumper.

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 6a01156f2c3287970c016305154016970d-600wi

Dooling for one of his surge-starting 3s.

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 6a01156f2c3287970c0168eb0af9d1970c-600wi

Mr. Teague? Meet Mr. Wilson.

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 6a01156f2c3287970c016305154804970d-600wi

The pull-up pop by Bradley. This kid's game has rounded out.

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 6a01156f2c3287970c0163051549e4970d-600wi

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 03, 2012 10:03 am

steve look at the replay there was no mocking, he kneeled for 2 seconds, if Lebron or Kobe did it the same way Pierce did it, not mocking or making any obvious gestures, I would have no problem with that.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu May 03, 2012 10:54 am

Who was it that said, "If you can deliver, it's not bragging.?" Paul earned the right with his TREMENDOUS CLUTCH PLAYING to enjoy a moment of Tebowing mirth. It was a good spirited not mean spirited gesture. Everyone, please move on.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 03, 2012 12:36 pm

worcester wrote:Who was it that said, "If you can deliver, it's not bragging.?" Paul earned the right with his TREMENDOUS CLUTCH PLAYING to enjoy a moment of Tebowing mirth. It was a good spirited not mean spirited gesture. Everyone, please move on.

worcester,

Muhammed Ali.

"It's not bragging if you can back it up".

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu May 03, 2012 12:47 pm

Bob, Thanks for that. Paul sho nuff did back it up.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 03, 2012 12:49 pm

beat wrote:From the "other" side of the fence

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/367628-tebowed/

beat

if you would have went to yesterdays Ball Don't Lie thread, not by Adrian, they had an article trashing Pierces tebowing, well there were thousands of fans bashing the article, saying Pierce had every right to do what he did and a few were Laker fans. Every post I saw was ripping the article and I couldn't even read them all, there were thousands.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Another thing about this performance was as great as Pierce was, it was his will that was his greatest trait, thats why I mentioned Hondo and Bird, he played with a spirit and relentlessness that very few players can reach. He was cold in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, but he kept battling doing whatever he could to keep his team in the game....finally taking over in the 4th, how dramatic and entertaining to watch, to me him kneeling was just a spiritual moment.

Last edited by cowens/oldschool on Thu May 03, 2012 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu May 03, 2012 1:11 pm

Cow

Geesh... am I not allowed an opinion?

I think it was a shitty thing to do.

totally unnecessary and if by some act of God (cause that is what it will take) Atlanta takes game 3 and eventually the series and even one of them points to that as a turning point I'll be even more pissed.

I really thought PP had a bit more class than this.

And even if only for a couple seconds ... it was a couple seconds to long for me.

And if 1,000s voice there support of the act so be it, I won't be one.

Sure he has the right to do it............... but so what? Did he NEED do do it?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 03, 2012 1:23 pm

beat ofcourse your allowed an opinion, don't get why you guys think it was classless.....are we ready to move on?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Thu May 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Paul has done thing kind of thing before. Watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m__IGbWoR1k

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu May 03, 2012 3:09 pm

POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 The_tr10

sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu May 03, 2012 3:18 pm

OH GYSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TROUBLE MAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu May 03, 2012 3:24 pm

gyso wrote:POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 The_tr10

sunny

Gyso,
One word - genius.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu May 03, 2012 3:44 pm

sinus007 wrote:
gyso wrote:POST GAME ATLANTA - GAME 2 - Page 3 The_tr10

sunny

Gyso,
One word - genius.

AK

I didn't make it, but I know where you can get one . . .

http://www.celticsstore.com/adidas-paul-pierce-the-truth-playoff-t-shirt/detail.php?p=372583&v=celtics_players_paul-pierce

$21.95 while supplies last!!!

I cannot believe how fast this shirt became available.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu May 03, 2012 5:22 pm

I everyone. Thanks for helping me to "follow" the games while I was away. I couldn't post on my Droid, but I read your accounts and opinions eagerly.

Now I come back to a vigorous discussion of what I consider a non-issue. I think there would be unanimous consent that I'm from the old school when it comes to basketball. I liked it when the Celtics stood during timeouts. I always felt a layup counted as many points as a dunk. (In fact, I'd contribute to a campaign that makes a dunk worth only one point.) I liked volume basketball and laugh when people point to differences in shooting percentages between today's game and the game of 40-50 years ago. I gag when I see today's players pounding themselves, wiggling and posturing rather than shutting up and getting back on defense.

BUT......

I also understand that basketball has become more of a form of entertainment and less of a "pure" display of prowess. As such, the game has also become more of a game of emotions...and the display of emotions.

Haven't you ever accomplished something that you felt was so fantastic you couldn't suppress some expression of exultation? Entertainers often have to spend hours "coming down" from the pent-up pressure of a performance. For a basketball player, the moment of releasing that expression of exultation is compressed into tiny moments.

I didn't see the game, although I have seen replays of what Paul did. I didn't see him spike any balls, get in the face of opposing players, taunt the opposition bench, or engage in any attempts to "show up" anyone. He found a remarkably restrained way to release the adrenaline of a very hard-earned victory in the face of strong odds. From what I understand, a certain pivotal three-pointer he made late in the game was arguably the linchpin of the stretch drive. Would people have preferred that he had wet his pants in the ensuing excitement?

Maybe his approach to celebration was a tad less than totally mature. But, as a student of human nature, I find it perfectly understandable.

What I don't find as understandable is the need to post quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes on a message board. Yes, the function certainly exists, and the right to use it liberally also exists. But, my god, are we starting to assume that our mates are too shallow to follow a conversation and to realize what the antecedents to most comments are? Do people actually enjoy wading through a litany of quotes that take up loads of space just to lead up to a one-sentence, anticlimactic reply?

Personally, I favor citing the name or names of posters to whom I'm responding and presume others can go back and read the earlier remarks of those posters. I've posted a fair amount. The context of my messages seems to be reasonably well understood. And yet, I don't even know how to use the quote function and don't care to learn.

It's very likely that using the quote function would clarify things in exceptional cases. But, at least in this thread, it's apparently becoming the rule rather than the exception. And it's certainly possible that I'm old school in terms of posting behavior, just as I am in terms of basketball. If such is the case, please don't let me deter anyone from posting in ways that make him/her comfortable.

I'm not trying to force anyone to alter his/her posting behavior. I'm simply curious how, in this age of so many compressed and abbreviated forms of communication, the trend is completely reversed when it comes to posting on this board.

Anyway, I look forward to joining the Game On Thread tonight.

And you can quote me on that.

Go Celtics. Get out of the gate quickly!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu May 03, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi Sam! Great to have you back with your calming force on the board! Hope and Mrs. Sam had a wonderful time on your vacation. I will wait for some details.

Yes, this topic seems to have taken on a life of its own here. Kind of getting a bit carried away. This is a whole new generation of basketball players, with much different ways of displaying emotions. I can't say I love it, but, boys will be boys!

Anyway, it is great to have you back, only you are one day early, the game is tomorrow night, not tonight!!! With a little luck, maybe my prayers will be answered and Ray will be on the court. He seems to think he might be.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu May 03, 2012 6:22 pm

this whole tebowing thing is to me, weird.

my wife thinks tebowing is the next best thing to drunken love making i suppose, and she's a huge tebow fan (second favorite nfl player).. which is sort of funny seeing how she is.. or rather she was a huge Colts fans and the two teams she hates the most be the Bronco's and Patroits... not sure how that all works out now, since her favorite player is now replacing her 2nd favorite player as QB for the Broncos...

anyhow..

No Russel wouldnt have tebowed i bet. Nor Bird- heck something about bird makes me think he's maybe an athiest anyhow. Even KG would prolly never Tebow.

If'n i was back in ohio playing BB with the old gang i might tebow though, just to be funny... never in a serious game though, id be looking for a few laughs.

but lets put it in perspective...

is it better to tebow or give another player a concusion from ur elbow?

Is it better to tebow or put a bounty on players from other teams?

is it better to tebow or (gulp) have Gino play after a win?

is it better to tebow or refuse to shake the hands of players from other teams?

is it better to tebow or have the ceiling of the areana your playing in full of balloons ready to celebrate a win on your part?

is it better to tebow or to walk into a lockerroom full of guys about to be in a 3 pt contest and ask whose taking 2nd place?

is it better to tebow or answer a question about your teams upcoming preformace in the playiffs by answering 'fo 'fo 'fo"

is it better to tebow or call yourself the best player in the world after you just won a title and a playoff mvp?

is it better to tebow or to light up a cigar once you are sure your team is gonna win?

which is more annoying tebowing or seeing someone "post quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes on a message board.."

myself, i dont care if the whole team tebowed after that game all the way back to boston. No it aint muh thing, but my thing is winning. if my teams guys put on a herioc preformance and then decides to tebow... let 'em tebow, i'm gonna concern myself with 36 & 14 more though than anything esle..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu May 03, 2012 7:21 pm

way to say it Matty!!!!!!!!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Thu May 03, 2012 8:39 pm

Matty wrote: this whole tebowing thing is to me, weird.

my wife thinks tebowing is the next best thing to drunken love making i suppose, and she's a huge tebow fan (second favorite nfl player).. which is sort of funny seeing how she is.. or rather she was a huge Colts fans and the two teams she hates the most be the Bronco's and Patroits... not sure how that all works out now, since her favorite player is now replacing her 2nd favorite player as QB for the Broncos...

anyhow..

No Russel wouldnt have tebowed i bet. Nor Bird- heck something about bird makes me think he's maybe an athiest anyhow. Even KG would prolly never Tebow.

If'n i was back in ohio playing BB with the old gang i might tebow though, just to be funny... never in a serious game though, id be looking for a few laughs.

but lets put it in perspective...

is it better to tebow or give another player a concusion from ur elbow?

Is it better to tebow or put a bounty on players from other teams?

is it better to tebow or (gulp) have Gino play after a win?

is it better to tebow or refuse to shake the hands of players from other teams?

is it better to tebow or have the ceiling of the areana your playing in full of balloons ready to celebrate a win on your part?

is it better to tebow or to walk into a lockerroom full of guys about to be in a 3 pt contest and ask whose taking 2nd place?

is it better to tebow or answer a question about your teams upcoming preformace in the playiffs by answering 'fo 'fo 'fo"

is it better to tebow or call yourself the best player in the world after you just won a title and a playoff mvp?

is it better to tebow or to light up a cigar once you are sure your team is gonna win?

which is more annoying tebowing or seeing someone "post quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes within quotes on a message board.."

myself, i dont care if the whole team tebowed after that game all the way back to boston. No it aint muh thing, but my thing is winning. if my teams guys put on a herioc preformance and then decides to tebow... let 'em tebow, i'm gonna concern myself with 36 & 14 more though than anything esle..

Nice post, I pretty much agree with you about this. To me its kind of like a fad that a pro player does something and next thing you know a bunch of them are doing it. You did leave one out, Lebrons powder thing with his arms held out. Its all showmanship. I seem to remember somthing about Pierce saying something about taking his talents to Southbeach as well. Just Pierce being Pierce. If thats what Atlanta needs to get them motivated, they are in trouble anyway.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 03, 2012 8:50 pm

I just ordered that shirt, can't wait to wear it and put it in the mix with some of my other Celtic attire, I'm gonna proudly wear that shirt all over the place especially NYC.

Anybody watching the Heat-Knicks? good game gotta love how the whole crowd chants AssHole whenever James touches the ball.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next